Author Topic: Kisii politics  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
Kisii politics
« on: February 25, 2022, 09:39:22 AM »
Magara now wants to be senator,looks like guess work.Onyonka will trash him by 6Am.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Kisii politics
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 10:08:45 AM »
Gusii is clan based politics.

More so in Kisii County - Nyamira is full admixture being a settlement scheme.

Gusii clans - the main ones -Kitutu , Mugirango, Majoge, Wanjare , Bassi, and Nyaribari.

You need to split Gusii essentially into two Gusii Central or proper- Kitutu-Nyaribabri (related clan or dialect) - and former Gucha (mostly Mugirangos)

Onyoka/Ongwae come from Gitutu/Kitutu - Ongeri/Nyachae come from Nyaribaris - both are related and are Gusii Central or Gusii proper.

Then you move to Gucha - from Mungirangos & Bobasi - you find Obures, Magaras, Nyamweyas, Aratis. They Guchas generally speak a different dialect of Gusii with lots of Maasai and Luo influence.

There are so many candidates it impossible to tell who will win.

Azimios has many - these are the strongest
Arati
Obure
Ongeri
Nyamweya -

While UDA got Machogu to do a deal with Magara - seem Charles Nyachae has gone silent.

Considering how clan based Gusii are - and see most of the candidates are from Gucha- except Ongeri.
It wont suprise me if Gusii elected that old fossil (now 83yrs) as their governor.

But it's anybody game until they start doing negotiated democracy. Ongera of ODM has quit already
Arati seem the favourite to clinch ODM ticket - and has deal with Onyonka.

But you never know with ever quarrelsome Gusiis (Matiangi aliona moto when his candidate came 3rd after ODM & UDA) ....Arati, Ongeri, Obure and Machuga all need to score 30 percent to win it.

Generally speaking Gusii politics are the most difficult to predict..

Last election I got Nyamira totally off by 15-20 percent - as Uhuru moved from 33 percent to beat Raila at 55 percent.
Jubilee also did very well in Kisii proper.

ODM that was as ever bullish - didnt get a single Gusii MP - only Arati in Nairobi - but they got governors, senators and women rep.

Matiangi although he was deflated in Borabu by-election is going to help Raila reverse the gains that Ruto made in 2017.

I see Ruto getting 1/3 with Raila takign 2/3...but until the votes are counted....nobody can predict with certainty how Gusiis will vote.

Magara now wants to be senator,looks like guess work.Onyonka will trash him by 6Am.

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 02:37:41 PM »
Omingom magara calls it bluffs,had to wait for boss to land in America,then hands resignation.Kisii is tough for Kenya kwisha alliance.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 02:57:50 PM »
Omingom magara calls it bluffs,had to wait for boss to land in America,then hands resignation.Kisii is tough for Kenya kwisha alliance.
When Machogu quit Azimio for UDA I didn't hear that...magara was unhappy to step aside for Machogu..but he is weak and always plunders

Offline rozzy

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 06:20:52 PM »

Joash Maang'i, Samwel Omwando, Rachel Otundo and Kibagendi also quit UDA for Azimio recently. It a long list. It a long shot to run on UDA in Gusii.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2022, 06:30:51 PM »
Ruto will do worse than Uhuru did in Gusii (party due to PEV/Matiangi) but he will definitely get more than 30 percent.
That is all he needs in Gusii.
Borabu by election he was doing that percentage.
Opinion polls seem to suggest he has the figures he needs.

Joash Maang'i, Samwel Omwando, Rachel Otundo and Kibagendi also quit UDA for Azimio recently. It a long list. It a long shot to run on UDA in Gusii.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2022, 06:53:51 PM »

Gusii clans - the main ones -Kitutu , Mugirango, Majoge, Wanjare , Bassi, and Nyaribari.

You need to split Gusii essentially into two Gusii Central or proper- Kitutu-Nyaribabri (related clan or dialect) - and former Gucha (mostly Mugirangos)

Onyoka/Ongwae come from Gitutu/Kitutu - Ongeri/Nyachae come from Nyaribaris - both are related and are Gusii Central or Gusii proper.

Then you move to Gucha - from Mungirangos & Bobasi - you find Obures, Magaras, Nyamweyas, Aratis. They Guchas generally speak a different dialect of Gusii with lots of Maasai and Luo influence.

Arati
Obure
Ongeri
Nyamweya -

While UDA got Machogu to do a deal with Magara - seem Charles Nyachae has gone silent.

Considering how clan based Gusii are - and see most of the candidates are from Gucha- except Ongeri.
It wont suprise me if Gusii elected that old fossil (now 83yrs) as their governor.

But it's anybody game until they start doing negotiated democracy. Ongera of ODM has quit already

But you never know with ever quarrelsome Gusiis (Matiangi aliona moto when his candidate came 3rd after ODM & UDA) ....Arati, Ongeri, Obure and Machuga all need to score 30 percent to win it.

Last election I got Nyamira totally off by 15-20 percent - as Uhuru moved from 33 percent to beat Raila at 55 percent.

ODM that was as ever bullish - didnt get a single Gusii MP - only Arati in Nairobi - but they got governors, senators and women rep.

Matiangi although he was deflated in Borabu by-election is going to help Raila reverse the gains that Ruto made in 2017.

I see Ruto getting 1/3 with Raila takign 2/3...but until the votes are counted....nobody can predict with certainty how Gusiis will vote.

Dont use 2017 figures. Rigged completely like Sabina Joy.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2022, 10:23:49 AM »

Arati
Obure
Ongeri
Nyamweya -

Thats some deep Gusii analysis,do you have Kisii blood,Have heard 80% of Kipsigis are have Kisii blood lineage.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2022, 10:43:10 AM »
80 percent? Maybe 20-30 percent - mostly from Bomet East - where entire villages of Gusii were cut off - and taken there as hostages - deep in forest where they could not escape back to Gusii.
They basically came complete with their clans.
This was as aftermath of Mogori massacre where current MP Ngeno great grandfather had led a large troop of kalenjin - almost entire men of Bureti (one branch of Kispigis) to go steal cows all the way in Migori - that 200kms.

This was aftermath of rinderpest infection that had decimated Kalenjin cows but spared Luos & Luhya cows. Kalenjin men would travel even 300kms to steal Luo & Luhay cows in desperate bid to restock.

The Orkoiyot had refused the raid of Migori - but the hard headed men went big - stole thousands of cows from Migori Luos - and when they were coming back - were besieged in valley by huge forces of Gusii and Luo men pursuing cattle...who had rallied almost the entire community to finally deal with Kipsigis cattle raiders - and were waiting for their arrival from Luo.

No sooner had the Kipsigis raiders descended into I think Manga hills valley with thousands cows - than the ambush began.

They killed nearly all of the men - and few survived by sleeping under the corpse.

Kipsigis from Kericho then went to Gusii - massacred/ransacked the Gusii villages - and drove many Gusii kids, women and men - and kept them Bomet East to sire back other men...considering Bureti branch of Kipsigis had been left with almost no warriors or men.

Great grand father of  Mp Ngeno (Arap Kisiara) was amongst the survivor and later led many raids against Maasai that pushed them inside Transmara. He was a great warrior
I'd say most 80 percent of Bomet East are pure Gusii - Kones/sossion/salats.
There are smattering of Gusii all over Kipsigis
Most popular clans in Kispigis and equivalent in Gusii
Mbaasik and ababasi are brothers,
Kapkomosik and Abasige are brothers - William Ruto clan - but Gusii dont like their own blood. Kones himself use to led raid of his cousins
Baguseronik and Abagusero are brothers
Kipkalya kones is Becherek...abacherek or something like that in Gusii

If you see a kipsigis who sings or talk a storm or are hotheaded - chance are high they are Gusii. If they come from Bomet - 30 percent chances he is Gusii heritage. They were uprooted and transplated complete names, cultures, clan, everything but rapidly intermarried.

Kispigis main stock are generally laid back - mostly what you get in Kericho county - but Bomet ni hasira kama ya Meru or Gusii.

As for me I think we are mostly Maasai - from the extinct stock of Sigilai Maasai that use to live in Nyando valley - current Kisumo - and were exterminated by combined force of Kispigis and Gusii.

The Maasai reminants were adopted.

Thats some deep Gusii analysis,do you have Kisii blood,Have heard 80% of Kipsigis are have Kisii blood lineage.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2022, 08:26:47 PM »
Pundit the true story of this war I never knew about before can be found here

https://kalenjin.co.ke/2020/01/mogori-massacre-greatest-failed-raid-in-kipsigis-history/

Your version is spiced up to save face,Kipsigis were wiped out and the boys were made to step in as men,no wonder the kipsigis have loose sexual morals

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2022, 11:31:45 PM »
I know more history than you'll ever google. Just ask me which part is spiced. The large raid was executed by a branch of Kipsigis - the Bureti division. Kipsigis had about four war divisions. Now about the size of a district each. Mogori massacre was on Bureti division. Kalenjin generally organize their warriors into companies - this would be as large as location or group of villages - and then large district wide war division consist of thousands of warrior for major raids - otherwise most of the other raids were by small parties.

https://kalenjin.co.ke/2020/01/mogori-massacre-greatest-failed-raid-in-kipsigis-history/

Your version is spiced up to save face,Kipsigis were wiped out and the boys were made to step in as men,no wonder the kipsigis have loose sexual morals

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2022, 09:16:17 AM »
I know more history than you'll ever google. Just ask me which part is spiced. The large raid was executed by a branch of Kipsigis - the Bureti division. Kipsigis had about four war divisions. Now about the size of a district each. Mogori massacre was on Bureti division. Kalenjin generally organize their warriors into companies - this would be as large as location or group of villages - and then large district wide war division consist of thousands of warrior for major raids - otherwise most of the other raids were by small parties.

Selective history you know. There is no where to say after your bakipsigis were massacred by mogusii the bakipsigis revenged . Simply Mogusii wiped your people and replaced them with mounting your women and when mogusii got tired your boys young ones just in pubescent mounted your women. Thats why Kipsigis and kalenjins are loose sorry thats what it says

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2022, 09:21:37 AM »
So who is more autharative here? Njuri Njeke or RVP who has been told the story first hand by my late grandmother. Bureti branch led by Hon Jonah Ngeno - Narok Mp- great grandfather - one Arap Kisiara - led that "successfully" cattle raid - in Luo Nyanza - Migori  - and they were massacred by combined force of Luos and Gusii as they were driving cattle home. The other kipsigis war division then went back to Gusii and ransacked villages - and took off with hostages - that are located in one area of Bomet East.  Remember Gusii had never won any fight with Kipsigis - apart from that ambush together with Luos - that is more like KDF ambush in Somalia.

The famine intermarriage use to happen - Gusii, Maasa and Kipsigis - exchange kids - never with Luos - and those you can find everywhere. Only in Bomet East do you find a large area of almost exclusive Gusii clans.

Selective history you know. There is no where to say after your bakipsigis were massacred by mogusii the bakipsigis revenged . Simply Mogusii wiped your people and replaced them with mounting your women and when mogusii got tired your boys yound ones just in pubescent mounted your women. Thats why Kipsigis and kalenjins are loose sorry thats what it says

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2022, 09:24:27 AM »
So who is more autharative here? Njuri Njeke or RVP who has been told the story first hand by my late grandmother. Bureti branch led by Hon Jonah Ngeno grandfather - one Arap Kisiara - led that "successfully" cattle raid - in Luo Nyanza - Migori  - and they were massacred by combined force of Luos and Gusii as they were driving cattle home. The other kipsigis war division then went back to Gusii and ransacked villages - and took off with hostages - that are located in one area of Bomet East.  Remember Gusii had never won any fight with Kipsigis - apart from that ambush - that is more like KDF ambush in Somalia.

The famine intermarriage use to happen - Gusii, Maasa and Kipsigis - exchange kids - never with Luos - and those you can find everywhere. Only in Bomet East do you find a large area of almost exclusive Gusii clans.
Selective history you know. There is no where to say after your bakipsigis were massacred by mogusii the bakipsigis revenged . Simply Mogusii wiped your people and replaced them with mounting your women and when mogusii got tired your boys yound ones just in pubescent mounted your women. Thats why Kipsigis and kalenjins are loose sorry thats what it says
Read below,iyo yako ni panganga dont blame me am not the one that wrote this article. In short Pundit you are likely a mogusii

Pundi ni KISII :D :D

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2022, 09:27:12 AM »
I have read many different accounts; I have heard verbatim; this was a very recent thing; Many Kipsigis have Gusii or Maasai or Okiek/dorono blood somewhere in our lineage - that I dont see as problem. What we dont have is Luo blood because we simply didnt take their hostage or intermarried.

This was almost something close to 1880s - when Koitatel arap Samoei brother - Koilegen had come to Kipsigis land to become chief laibon in present day Kericho town. He had advised against going for the raid - but Menya Arap Kisaiara had led his Bureti branch - into big raid - and basically against all caution walked into a disaster - he had refused to drive the Luo cattle during the night - insisting they must drive them daytime like real men - and were collecting Gusii cattle on the way.

Read below,iyo yako ni panganga dont blame me am not the one that wrote this article. In short Pundit you are likely a mogusii

Pundi ni KISII :D :D

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2022, 08:38:44 PM »
I think Ruto will max out at 20% In Kisii

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2022, 11:16:17 PM »
Njuri I won't bet on gusiis..very unpredictable..you might find Ruto beat Raila there.. ignore the usual odm noise.You saw matiangi mess

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2022, 07:32:28 PM »
Whats happening between Kisii tramsmara border?

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2022, 08:13:29 PM »
Njuri I won't bet on gusiis..very unpredictable..you might find Ruto beat Raila there.. ignore the usual odm noise.You saw matiangi mess

Gusii is so Azimio. yaani here you can suspend punditry and claim they are unpredictable.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2022, 09:05:47 PM »
Yes I have placed Azimio at 70 percent but last election - we saw Jubilee beat ODM - despite the same bravado. Gussi are unpredictable because there so many clans and sub-clan dynamics.
Gusii is so Azimio. yaani here you can suspend punditry and claim they are unpredictable.