Author Topic: Am fully disappointed with Russian army,this is a huge failure we must accept  (Read 5382 times)

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
I don't believe any of the exaggerated numbers Ukraine is putting out.

Western media is just going with whatever they (Ukraine) say, putting it out as if it's all verified. Granted, there's a war going on and nothing like independent verification is going to be happening from the front lines. But they should at least state both Ukraine and Russian figures and let viewers decide which is true as the discrepancies btw them are just nuts. Like 10,000 dead Russian soldiers per Ukraine to 496 per Russian. Crazy.

Giving both at least informs viewers of the reality that nobody really knows what's going on and they won't for months.

I also don't buy the "they're failing in the war," line.

Russia hasn't gone for shock and awe carpet bombing  NATO/US-style, and this is to their credit. Their strategy seems to be about avoiding as many civilian casualties as possible through a slow ground procession and very minimal air action if at all, most likely to stave off international outcry about war crimes, given the war itself is illegal. And like WION pointed out in their 'Why the West is winning the Information War' piece, nobody in the Western circuits has access to Russian battle plans and are just arbitrarily slapping standards like "You haven't fully taken them out yet in week one/two? Fail!" 

Meanwhile, Ukraine hasn't recovered any ground the Russians have taken, Kyviv is surrounded, and Russia keeps advancing.

I'm going to wait until the war is over for truer articles to start being allowed in the Western media circuit after the hype has died down, as happens with every war.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
The way Putin belittled his spy chief in front of the whole world was telling. The man has lost touch with reality. The people around him cannot tell him the truth. He only gets to hear what he wants to hear. It is too late for Putin to change tact. He cannot retreat without loosing his face. He will have to fight on with major casualties on both sides.

The operation is a disaster.  But I don't think that is the real issue.  If Putin had been better informed, the Russians might have been better prepared and more successful.  They would have known they were walking into a hostile environment.  A marathon rather than a sprint.

In practice, there are no layers of accountability in Russia.  Just what Putin wants.  That video exchange with his spy chief was quite telling.  What does that mean?  That it is risky, maybe even life threatening, for Putin to be informed about problems with his ideas and plans.  That is a major weakness of dictatorships.  The result, needless loss of life, because he cannot change course.

Yep.  I too think face is a big part of Putin's playbook.  Which is why I fear escalation beyond just murdering Ukrainian folks in their sleep.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Invalid Tweet ID?t=Ho3SzDNC4-iiTKV7yLcXOw&s=19

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
Russia can't fight a modern war,I have downgraded their capacity,they are well below NATO and even several African countries like Ethiopia in terms of war capabilities,they make mistake after mistake firstly sending conscripts into war games and then converting that to war, several captured Russians say morale is very low they don't have food to eat just to fend for themselves just like ww2
The only army Russia can beat successfully is our KDF that hides in grass at the sound of explotions. I even bet Russia can't beat UPDF of Museveni.
Where is pundit noway to give us another twist,I have beaten them senseless with my spot on prediction and am still waiting for Russians ro capture Kiev so that the real war can start,
Afterall is done and dusted no one will respect Russia as a power anymore and internal strife will start and Russia will break up starting with Chechnya

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
You started with a theory - and you're looking for propaganda - to fit the narrative.
Russia can't fight a modern war,I have downgraded their capacity,they are well below NATO and even several African countries like Ethiopia in terms of war capabilities,they make mistake after mistake firstly sending conscripts into war games and then converting that to war, several captured Russians say morale is very low they don't have food to eat just to fend for themselves just like ww2
The only army Russia can beat successfully is our KDF that hides in grass at the sound of explotions. I even bet Russia can't beat UPDF of Museveni.
Where is pundit noway to give us another twist,I have beaten them senseless with my spot on prediction and am still waiting for Russians ro capture Kiev so that the real war can start,
Afterall is done and dusted no one will respect Russia as a power anymore and internal strife will start and Russia will break up starting with Chechnya

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
All those blaming western propaganda for Russias woes,does it mean propaganda is preventing Russians from capturing Kiev and all other Ukrainian cities, almost now a month into the war which was said will take 2 days?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Putin can flatten the city if he wants but he is in no hurry. The defence being mounted on sand bags is nothing to Putin. The slow cautious approach - with reduce bombing or US shock n awe - is reducing civilian causalities.

Remember Ukraine is big country - 2nd only to Russia in Europe - and so he is moving slowly

All those blaming western propaganda for Russias woes,does it mean propaganda is preventing Russians feom capturing Kiev and all other Ukrainian cities, almost now a month into the war which was said will take 2 days?

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
All those blaming western propaganda for Russias woes,does it mean propaganda is preventing Russians from capturing Kiev and all other Ukrainian cities, almost now a month into the war which was said will take 2 days?

Njuri, if there isn't some massive pro-Western propaganda underway, why have they made sure nobody can access Russian news from Russia? Go right now to YouTube and try looking for RT news/vids. Click on one. You'll be told it's unavailable in your country. Literally nobody on earth outside Russia is allowed direct access to the other side of this war. Why do that if you're not forcing one narrative? They're using big tech  (Google, FB, Twitter etc) to shut off Russian information. So there's no question here about 'whether' propaganda . . . There's absolutely massive propaganda going on.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Putin can flatten the city if he wants but he is in no hurry. The defence being mounted on sand bags is nothing to Putin. The slow cautious approach - with reduce bombing or US shock n awe - is reducing civilian causalities.

Remember Ukraine is big country - 2nd only to Russia in Europe - and so he is moving slowly

All those blaming western propaganda for Russias woes,does it mean propaganda is preventing Russians feom capturing Kiev and all other Ukrainian cities, almost now a month into the war which was said will take 2 days?

Why moving slowly and give west ammunition and time to return fire? No general plans with slow war otherwise they engineer coup nd political takeover without bullet fired. Slow war cannot justify loss of conscripts and global outrage isolation oligarch Putin suffering now. Try another explanation.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
West isn't taking part in the war and Russia isn't mounting a serious air campaign. They have surrounded the major cities, no? Cities packed with civilians. They're accusing Kyiv of refusing to let the civilians out via the humanitarian corridors, i.e. using them as human shields. They have refused to do carpet bombing their Western rivals hoped for, but as Chris Hedges points out, eventually, backed into a corner, they may do it. This would be a thousand times even more tragic than things are right now.

The reason I doubt the Western narrative isn't that I think Russians are above incompetence. I'm sure they've carried out more than a few blunders already. It's that the only two narratives about the war currently 'allowed' in Western media circuits is either:
(1) Barbaric Russia pulverizing innocent, helpless Ukrainians
Or
(2) Incompetent Russia failing to pulverize weak Ukraine

They look like spin especially when the Russian version/perspective is entirely blocked out of view., I.e., if Russia went for a full-scale shock-n-awe, they'd be labelled as committing crimes against humanity in a much more serious way than you hear of now. If they did the slow, ground thing, they'd be labelled incompetent. There were many articles already headlining "Russia has already lost this war, regardless of its outcome," two weeks ago. Just smells like something I should give time to before I invest my belief, given the recent past (two decades).

I'm almost 100% sure this story will be radically different in Western papers a year or two from now. They do this all the time. Just that most people move on and don't remember the same media was hyping the literal opposite a year/more back. :D

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
Pretty much my view  :D
?s=20&t=gplE55JBAQbz6TgZKDgQ9Q

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Pundit told us on the 2nd day of war Putin will be served lunch in Kiev. Now weeks later since start of invasion no lunch being served to Putin in Kiev.

On the long term Putin will conquer most of Ukraine, but as just like the US in Afganistan and in Iraq he will learn beating the Ukranians in a war and occupying their country are two different issues. If I were Putin, I would just be satisfied in occupying the eastern part of Ukraine and leave the rest on its own.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch

Granted, they are not great, but they are being undercut by their own leadership.  These folks did not realize they were going into a territory where everyone is trying to kill them.  Even the US never does that.  In Iraq, they faced a formidable army, but they also had the population on their side or at a minimum neutral, except in Saddam's hometown.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman