Author Topic: Ambassador Kimani Gives Statement at UN on Russia Invasion  (Read 4949 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Ambassador Kimani Gives Statement at UN on Russia Invasion
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2022, 03:55:18 PM »
Study Jubbaland and what Kenya has done. This is what Russia is doing. Because Ukraine is become another Somalia - Kenya carved itself Jubbaland controlled by Governor Madobe. Ethiopia have Puntland and Somaliland.

If Somali irredentism continues - we certainly have no option but to occupy Jubbaland - or at least make it independent from Mogadishu so they can get a buffer.

In short Russian doesn't need anybody permission to defend it's people. Ukraine joining NATO is declaring war against Russian in Kimanisque English.

The country has to stand for something I guess.  Putin is also trying to demolish the order that has "kept the peace" since World War 2.  If you have kids, that is a scary kind of world you want them to live in.  Kenya also has a neighbor, Somalia, that would not hesitate to reunite "its people" much the same way Putin is doing, when/if they ever get their shit in order.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2022, 04:05:08 PM »
What has stopped them from buying our tea and coffee? The world is an open market. You think Putin can force Russians to start drinking tea at 4 pm?

Russia can buy our tea and coffee - and sell us weapons.
Why do we care what they do in Eastern Europe.
When entire Africa is a huge mess.

Kenya should NEVER lecture Russia on ANYTHING. NEVER. We need 200yrs to get that audacity.

We can have our opinion - but kenya gov should stick to their lane. We cannot have opinion about Ethiopia but rushes to but in North Pole?

Kadudu - Classic case of Pundit looking for facts to suit the situation. It will never ever work. Russians have Vodka, not tea.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2022, 04:38:50 PM »
The country has to stand for something I guess.  Putin is also trying to demolish the order that has "kept the peace" since World War 2.  If you have kids, that is a scary kind of world you want them to live in.  Kenya also has a neighbor, Somalia, that would not hesitate to reunite "its people" much the same way Putin is doing, when/if they ever get their shit in order.

SMH, Frantz Fanon's description of the third world black bougie comes to my mind. Some of our so called learned care about the peace of the enemy, while the enemy sponsors revolutions, coups and upheavals in our backyard.

It may actually benefit Ukraine in the long run to lose those recalcitrant provinces for the sake of national cohesion. Crimea was Russian, Donbas is Russian.

"Eti security order? scary world?" /i] how are you threatened by Slavs half way around the world smashing themselves to pieces? Let them hold their own nuts. Anytime the Western world is caught up in some security situation whether it be with Russia or China, it is a respite for the rest of the world. It means they won't gather their resources and invade another third world country on contrived BS. Know your enemies. The West was arming both Saddam and the Iranians during the Iran-Iraq War, so they could exhaust themselves. Go by the same playbook. 

As for wariahes joining their cousins I will not bat an eyelid if this country continues being the property of two tribes (2022 vote is historic), in that case I advocate the dissolution of this fake British creation, secession of the Coast, RV, Western, Northern Kenya. No one tribe has god given rights to lord over us, ukoloni umeisha baba
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2022, 05:13:21 PM »
What is Russian in your sense? Yes, there are Russian speaking Ukraines. Does it mean they are Russians? Europe just like the whole world is full of such cases. So should Turkey invade Bulgaria and take the territories in Bulagaria occupied by Turkish speaking Bulgarians. The list is long.

SMH, Frantz Fanon's description of the third world black bougie comes to my mind. Some of our so called learned care about the peace of the enemy, while the enemy sponsors revolutions, coups and upheavals in our backyard.

It may actually benefit Ukraine in the long run to lose those recalcitrant provinces for the sake of national cohesion. Crimea was Russian, Donbas is Russian.

"Eti security order? scary world?" /i] how are you threatened by Slavs half way around the world smashing themselves to pieces? Let them hold their own nuts. Anytime the Western world is caught up in some security situation whether it be with Russia or China, it is a respite for the rest of the world. It means they won't gather their resources and invade another third world country on contrived BS. Know your enemies. The West was arming both Saddam and the Iranians during the Iran-Iraq War, so they could exhaust themselves. Go by the same playbook. 

As for wariahes joining their cousins I will not bat an eyelid if this country continues being the property of two tribes (2022 vote is historic), in that case I advocate the dissolution of this fake British creation, secession of the Coast, RV, Western, Northern Kenya. No one tribe has god given rights to lord over us, ukoloni umeisha baba

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2022, 05:28:14 PM »

Frantz Fanon was an interesting character.  Very illuminating and impractical.  In the real world, you have to make choices.  Pick sides.  If you don't, they will be picked for you.

Looking past the *it doesn't affect me personally, so it doesn't matter* school of thinking, some people are affected by what's happening elsewhere to other human beings, even if they are not their immediate relatives. 

Imagine a world where the only rule is if you can get away with it, then it's okay.  A world without morals.  That is the light in which I see Putin's actions.  There is no telling where that will stop.  I know America is also not innocent of forceful interventions.  The existing system, is not perfect, but it's the closest to one in history.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2022, 05:51:35 PM »
It simplistic to imagine that complex global issues are binary - right or wrong - moral or immoral - evil or good - with or against - such  discrete choices in reality do not exist. It's a continuum - lots of greys and shades of greys. The more you understand the subject the more you see so many view points - the more the choice is less clear - the more you want to stay out of it - if you can.

That end of day can only be resolved through honest negotiation - so that within that large continuum - folks can find a meeting point.

Ukraine should listen to Russia concerns. Russia should listen to Ukraine concerns. Nobody is right. Nobody is wrong. Putin is not crazy tinpot dicator as US would like to caricature - he is actually very brilliant.

The US  tend to simplify things into evil versus good as their politics is essentially two-sided - while other countries like Russia or China tend to understand and appreciate the complexity of many situations more - and tend to be more cautious on taking sides.

Frantz Fanon was an interesting character.  Very illuminating and impractical.  In the real world, you have to make choices.  Pick sides.  If you don't, they will be picked for you.

Looking past the *it doesn't affect me personally, so it doesn't matter* school of thinking, some people are affected by what's happening elsewhere to other human beings, even if they are not their immediate relatives. 

Imagine a world where the only rule is if you can get away with it, then it's okay.  A world without morals.  That is the light in which I see Putin's actions.  There is no telling where that will stop.  I know America is also not innocent of forceful interventions.  The existing system, is not perfect, but it's the closest to one in history.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2022, 06:12:19 PM »
As usual twisting things to suite your needs. Ukraine has held democratic elections since 1994 and several presidents have come and gone. Placing it at the same level as Somalia is a joke. Apart from the Eastern part of Ukraine bordering Russia, that place is safer than Kenya any time.

Study Jubbaland and what Kenya has done. This is what Russia is doing. Because Ukraine is become another Somalia - Kenya carved itself Jubbaland controlled by Governor Madobe. Ethiopia have Puntland and Somaliland.

If Somali irredentism continues - we certainly have no option but to occupy Jubbaland - or at least make it independent from Mogadishu so they can get a buffer.

In short Russian doesn't need anybody permission to defend it's people. Ukraine joining NATO is declaring war against Russian in Kimanisque English.

• Enigma
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2022, 06:12:47 PM »
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2022, 06:15:19 PM »
Orange revolution that gaves us ODM?
Ukraine is deeply divided country - with Russian part wanting to look to Kremlin - and with South wanting to look down to EU/NATO
Rather than revolution and civil wars - split that country into two.
Let those who want to go back to Russia federation go there.
Those that want to join EU/NATO remain
End of day - everyone is happy.
Even Kenyan eventually if we cannot keep everyone happy - we have to let go of some people.
Modern world should allow people peaceful secession
If a referendum is held - and say threshold is place at 95 percent- then we can solve that problem.
You should only secede if you can convince almost everyone it's the best decision.
As usual twisting things to suite your needs. Ukraine has held democratic elections since 1994 and several presidents have come and gone. Placing it at the same level as Somalia is a joke. Apart from the Eastern part of Ukraine bordering Russia, that place is safer than Kenya any time.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2022, 06:34:44 PM »
The democratic elected parliament of Ukraine passed a resolution to apply for EU and NATO status. That does not mean Ukraine will get the staus automatically. Ukraine does not even fulfil the minimum requirements. The Eu or NATo have not even considered Ukraine to join them.

The borders of Ukraine were agreed upon in the agreement to dissolve the USSR in 1994. Russia signed the agreement. So the borders of Ukraine are internationally accepted as to the agreement of 1994. If any Ukraine wants to go live in Russia, he is free to do so but leave Ukraine soil behind him.

Ukraine is deeply divided country - with Russian part wanting to look to Kremlin - and with South wanting to look down to EU/NATO
Even Kenyan eventually if we cannot keep everyone happy - we have to let go of some people.
If a referendum is held - and say threshold is place at 95 percent- then we can solve that problem.
You should only secede if you can convince almost everyone it's the best decision.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2022, 06:48:02 PM »

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2022, 08:25:20 PM »
The democratic elected parliament of Ukraine passed a resolution to apply for EU and NATO status. That does not mean Ukraine will get the staus automatically. Ukraine does not even fulfil the minimum requirements. The Eu or NATo have not even considered Ukraine to join them.

The borders of Ukraine were agreed upon in the agreement to dissolve the USSR in 1994. Russia signed the agreement. So the borders of Ukraine are internationally accepted as to the agreement of 1994. If any Ukraine wants to go live in Russia, he is free to do so but leave Ukraine soil behind him.

Clearly, nobody wnts stinking Russia as a friend, so they resort to coercion, and intimidation.

Offline sema

• Enigma
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2022, 12:33:11 AM »
I think Putin knows that if he allowed them to split eventually most will go to the EU/Western/NATO side mostly because of economics and freedom. Russians don't want to live in Russia. Look at how many oligarchs are hiding out and enjoying life in London? Look at how many russians are immigrating to the US. It's economics. Putins problem has always been economics.

People want two things:  Freedom and money.  The western world is currently the only place where you can get these two things.  I"ve never heard anyone tell me that they'd love to immigrate to China, Iran, Russia or Turkey (with that lunatic Erdogan and his crashing currency).  This is the anti-western axel, but unless these countries become richer and militarily stronger, they will never beat the west. Also, they need to adopt the rule of law, which ensures justice and a fair playing field for all. You can't be injecting people with uranium in London, imprisoning people with no trial (like Erdogan), locking people in their houses like the CCP and think people will want to live in those hell holes. :D

• Enigma
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2022, 12:54:57 AM »

Without defending those actions, most(maybe all) of these countries territories were not annexed.  That is a major difference IMO.  And several of them were justifiable to reasonable people.

Afghanistan was invaded because of 9-11.  The Taliban were harboring Al-Quaeda.  A good reason not only not to like them but also to go after them.

The intervention in Somalia was to save them from themselves.  Save them from famine, starvation and mad-max style collapse of the rule of law.

Iraq was a war of choice, and indefensible.  But none of its territory was annexed.

Yemen is a Shia vs Sunni war.  The "west" is only involved indirectly.

Zim is an own goal.  Mugabe went after people who had powerful friends.

Iran has not been bombed since the end of Iran/Iraq war.  Sanctions are defensible as long they do not violate international law.  Countries are free to choose their trade partners.

Lebanon is not under any sanctions.  The civil war that took place was also not because the West hated the government.

Syria is typical of what happens when a minority imposes its will on the majority.  Russia(generally not considered part of the "west") indiscriminately bombed major cities and committed war crimes.

Tunisia had an internal revolution.  No bombing or sanctions from the West.

Cuba, Bolivia were civil wars in which the US armed this or that group, during the cold-war.  Neither was annexed.

Venezuela's problem is internal, mediated by US economic sabotage.  The US has not bombed, invaded or even supported armed rebellions there.

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2022, 12:57:33 AM »
I think Putin knows that if he allowed them to split eventually most will go to the EU/Western/NATO side mostly because of economics and freedom. Russians don't want to live in Russia. Look at how many oligarchs are hiding out and enjoying life in London? Look at how many russians are immigrating to the US. It's economics. Putins problem has always been economics.

People want two things:  Freedom and money.  The western world is currently the only place where you can get these two things.  I"ve never heard anyone tell me that they'd love to immigrate to China, Iran, Russia or Turkey (with that lunatic Erdogan and his crashing currency).  This is the anti-western axel, but unless these countries become richer and militarily stronger, they will never beat the west. Also, they need to adopt the rule of law, which ensures justice and a fair playing field for all. You can't be injecting people with uranium in London, imprisoning people with no trial (like Erdogan), locking people in their houses like the CCP and think people will want to live in those hell holes. :D

And this is not perfect, but the best you can get at the moment.  Putin wants to make the world work like how Russia works internally.  Where the only thing that counts is raw power.  A place where the weak have nowhere to look for relief.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2022, 07:14:47 AM »
2014 - Crimea
2020- eastern region
Where next??

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2022, 07:19:15 AM »
Anywhere where ethnic russians are the majority - and country enters NATO or EU - which is aggressive hostile to Russia. That is all it boils down to.

Russian cannot be forced to enter anti-Russian alliance like NATO.

They will secede and join the Russian federation.

2014 - Crimea
2020- eastern region
Where next??

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2022, 10:07:52 AM »
Man, I saw this headline and cringed. Why are we yapping on matters that neither impact us nor lend themselves to our impact....? We should stick to our neighborhood where we can at least convince our friends to come to peace talks when they're fighting.

The reason Bazungu involve themselves in everybody's war is:
1) Their power and money means they have an impact in virtually every corner of the globe.
2) Their power and money typically means they have some interest to protect or advance in virtually every corner of the globe.

Otherwise, it's best for regional issues to be dealt with regionally. Sasa sisi tunatokelea wapi jameni? I think this is yet another thing Uhuru's govt has dropped the ball on. Who even is Minister of Foreign Affairs? I know it's no longer Amina. Someone amelala kazini mahali . . .

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2022, 10:11:35 AM »
Nowhere . U.S. will negotiate . This is the End of NATOs expansion.

2014 - Crimea
2020- eastern region
Where next??
Anywhere where ethnic russians are the majority - and country enters NATO or EU - which is aggressive hostile to Russia. That is all it boils down to.

Russian cannot be forced to enter anti-Russian alliance like NATO.

They will secede and join the Russian federation.

2014 - Crimea
2020- eastern region
Where next??

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2022, 10:19:45 AM »
Man, I saw this headline and cringed. Why are we yapping on matters that neither impact us nor lend themselves to our impact....? We should stick to our neighborhood where we can at least convince our friends to come to peace talks when they're fighting.

The reason Bazungu involve themselves in everybody's war is:
1) Their power and money means they have an impact in virtually every corner of the globe.
2) Their power and money typically means they have some interest to protect or advance in virtually every corner of the globe.

Otherwise, it's best for regional issues to be dealt with regionally. Sasa sisi tunatokelea wapi jameni? I think this is yet another thing Uhuru's govt has dropped the ball on. Who even is Minister of Foreign Affairs? I know it's no longer Amina. Someone amelala kazini mahali . . .

PURE GRANDSTANDING!
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.