Author Topic: Ambassador Kimani Gives Statement at UN on Russia Invasion  (Read 4948 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Ambassador Kimani Gives Statement at UN on Russia Invasion
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2022, 01:44:20 PM »
Pundit you are wrong. This is afro optimism that we need. A clear and concise message to everyone. Remember due to racism kenyas contributions to second world War were whitewashed. If there is war in Europe we won't be non-aligned but we will have to be on one side. Putin is behaving like some emperor and needs to be told off. You live in the boot licking world of the past where africans are subservient to others. We are not and should never be. The reason why his speech is relevant is because majority of the people see it the same way.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2022, 02:01:08 PM »
Kenya should stay away from big boys fight.
Concentrate on Ethiopia, DRC and such.
Kenya foreign policy should remain neutral
We dont want Russia as our enemy
China as our enemy
US as our enemy.
Europe as our enemy.
Let them fight their wars.
The speech should have been - NO COMMENT - we urge Russia and Ukraine to pursue peaceful negotiation and avoid wars.

This Kimani is an idiot who doesnt understand Kenya foreign policy.

Stringing good English to appease Western Europe alliance is not intelligence - intelligence is knowing when to be silent.

This same Kimani idiot who came up with BBI nonsense.

China ambassador made the best speech - in short  - it's NONE of our BUSINESS.
It's the North Pole, Bears and whatever happens there doesnt affect us.

Russia no leverage on Kenya. They could negatively affect oil prices which would hurt everyone, including the silent ones.  But in this situation, Kenya has nothing to lose by calling out Russia.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2022, 02:11:28 PM »
Seconded. The man should be recalled awache kizungu mingi.
https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdS2Tn9S/

Shida ni I don't think he's serving us. He's having a big shiny moment in the spotlight. In some situations, being a good envoy means switching on invisibility mode and being as inconspicuous as the shadow.

He should be recalled and his replacement issue a neutral statement. Then we need to never be heard from in this neck of the woods ever again.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2022, 02:18:09 PM »
That is why Kenya for the first time can strectch its neck out. Trade with Russia is negligible.
It is possible that the US dictated to this Kenyan ambassador what to read at the UN council. Everything is possible with Kenyans.

Russia no leverage on Kenya. They could negatively affect oil prices which would hurt everyone, including the silent ones.  But in this situation, Kenya has nothing to lose by calling out Russia.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2022, 02:22:17 PM »
Trade with Ukraine is even more neglibible
That is why Kenya for the first time can strectch its neck out. Trade with Russia is negligible.
It is possible that the US dictated to this Kenyan ambassador what to read at the UN council. Everything is possible with Kenyans.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2022, 02:24:50 PM »
Yes, it's very possible the Americans have canvassed and rallied ambassadors there. But I'd be very doubtful that he got an OK from GOK. He likely did his own thing, IMO. I see little reason why Kenya would dip its toes in these types of geopolitics when it has absolutely zero interests to speak of here. It's very imprudent.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2022, 02:33:50 PM »
You and Kimani are in the same what'sapp group.
I see you rail-road China - and I am like you gotta be mad!
Kimani lecturing a superpower Russia -
Crazy!
These are not our battles.
We need to choose our battles.
Even if Russia carve up half of Europe - it's still wont be my problem.
I can understand that some of you are dual citizens - and sometime you're defending the US.
But kenya is a friend to Russia - a friend to US - a friend to China.
Pundit you are wrong. This is afro optimism that we need. A clear and concise message to everyone. Remember due to racism kenyas contributions to second world War were whitewashed. If there is war in Europe we won't be non-aligned but we will have to be on one side. Putin is behaving like some emperor and needs to be told off. You live in the boot licking world of the past where africans are subservient to others. We are not and should never be. The reason why his speech is relevant is because majority of the people see it the same way.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2022, 02:34:46 PM »
People forget, Kenya boycotted the 1980 Olympics in Moscow because of the Afghanistan invasion by the then USSR. The boycott of the games was led by the US. Kenya followed like a goat.

Yes, it's very possible the Americans have canvassed and rallied ambassadors there. But I'd be very doubtful that he got an OK from GOK. He likely did his own thing, IMO. I see little reason why Kenya would deep its toes in these types of geopolitics when it has absolutely zero interests to speak of here. It's very imprudent.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2022, 02:37:30 PM »
That is why Kimani can dare open his mouth on this issue. Moscow should have done its homework first and sent a delegate to Sagana Lodge with a big brown envelope before nyakuaring land that belongs to its neighbour.

Trade with Ukraine is even more neglibible

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2022, 02:38:33 PM »
That was cold war era. We are in brave new world.
People forget, Kenya boycotted the 1980 Olympics in Moscow because of the Afghanistan invasion by the then USSR. The boycott of the games was led by the US. Kenya followed like a goat.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2022, 02:39:56 PM »
You can talk all day in UN but Russia ambassador is sitting there with big vetoe! One vote - and all the voters from 196 other countries is useless

We need to choose our battles. Ukraine can go drying. If Russians in Ukraine are unhappy - why not? I dont see any problem with Russia taking over Russian speaking regions because those countries are joining EU and NATO to attack Russians in the future.

That prize they pay - Russians in those countries want to be part of Russia.

That is why Kimani can dare open his mouth on this issue. Moscow should have done its homework first and sent a delegate to Sagana Lodge with a big brown envelope before nyakuaring land that belongs to its neighbour.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2022, 03:06:03 PM »
Angela Merkel was from East Germany and spoke Russian. There also many Russian speaking people in Poland and Baltic states. Should Russia take all over these countries?
Putin has isolated Russia. Even the other neighbours with sympathy to Russia will not be sitting pretty.
Russia has nothing to offer them apart form big arsenal. Nobody can eat nukes.

You can talk all day in UN but Russia ambassador is sitting there with big vetoe! One vote - and all the voters from 196 other countries is useless

We need to choose our battles. Ukraine can go drying. If Russians in Ukraine are unhappy - why not? I dont see any problem with Russia taking over Russian speaking regions because those countries are joining EU and NATO to attack Russians in the future.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2022, 03:16:50 PM »
This is the most talked about speech. This guy hit it out of the park. His closing statement is amazing. Eloquently said and actually is the most sensible of all them speeches

Starts at minute 41

Well said.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2022, 03:18:25 PM »

No Kadudu. Sub Saharan Africa in general takes position on her own.
Also I agree with you that Russia will find itself isolated and unable to cope financially.
World now is not 1990s. Extremely interconnected.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2022, 03:21:02 PM »
Russia can buy our tea and coffee - and sell us weapons.
Why do we care what they do in Eastern Europe.
When entire Africa is a huge mess.

Kenya should NEVER lecture Russia on ANYTHING. NEVER. We need 200yrs to get that audacity.

We can have our opinion - but kenya gov should stick to their lane. We cannot have opinion about Ethiopia but rushes to but in North Pole?

Angela Merkel was from East Germany and spoke Russian. There also many Russian speaking people in Poland and Baltic states. Should Russia take all over these countries?
Putin has isolated Russia. Even the other neighbours with sympathy to Russia will not be sitting pretty.
Russia has nothing to offer them apart form big arsenal. Nobody can eat nukes.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2022, 03:42:13 PM »

The country has to stand for something I guess.  Putin is also trying to demolish the order that has "kept the peace" since World War 2.  If you have kids, that is a scary kind of world you want them to live in.  Kenya also has a neighbor, Somalia, that would not hesitate to reunite "its people" much the same way Putin is doing, when/if they ever get their shit in order.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2022, 03:45:14 PM »

Exasctly Plato.
Pundit sounds like a Republican that take a position, and looks for the facts to fit the position they just took. Horrible way of making policy. Severe mental illness has invaded most Republicans.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2022, 03:45:26 PM »
What has stopped them from buying our tea and coffee? The world is an open market. You think Putin can force Russians to start drinking tea at 4 pm?

Russia can buy our tea and coffee - and sell us weapons.
Why do we care what they do in Eastern Europe.
When entire Africa is a huge mess.

Kenya should NEVER lecture Russia on ANYTHING. NEVER. We need 200yrs to get that audacity.

We can have our opinion - but kenya gov should stick to their lane. We cannot have opinion about Ethiopia but rushes to but in North Pole?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2022, 03:47:48 PM »
There always two side to the coin.
I heard Putin speaking yesterday.
Clearly NATO is alliance that promise to attack any enemy of any member and was formed essentially as anti-Russian alliance
Why would Russia be happy to have Ukraine join NATO?
And if they get into conflict with Ukraine - the 20 plus NATO members will then attack Russia?

If you guys truly want peace - kill NATO - which COLD WAR AGGRESSION AGAINST RUSSIA. Why is NATO EXPANDING MEMBERSHIP? It's pure open aggression against Russians.

You want Russian to do nothing? Just fold their fingers - and see NATO expanding right to their borders - and their main reason for existence is to jointly attack Russia.

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization was created in 1949 by the United States, Canada, and several Western European nations to provide collective security against the Soviet Union.

Exasctly Plato.
Pundit sounds like a Republican that take a position, and looks for the facts to fit the position they just took. Horrible way of making policy. Severe mental illness has invaded most Republicans.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2022, 03:53:27 PM »
It's pretty cold there - and there can drink tea or coffee I hope. It's a market of 150M - that is HUGE COUNTRY. With isolation - we can embrace them. They have oil to buy anything they want.
What has stopped them from buying our tea and coffee? The world is an open market. You think Putin can force Russians to start drinking tea at 4 pm?