Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 10451 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: October 26, 2014, 09:45:29 AM »
Good morning church,
first things last. This Negro McDowell came and rocked KICC. He also rebuked our gospel artists, told them they be priests not entertainers. That's a great Negro doing so much for Jesus Christ.

Our message today is titled Christ Crucified
1 Corinthians 2:1-2 (KJV)
And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Paul's agenda is quite clear; preach Jesus Christ and focus on his sacrifice/ crucifixion.

This message of the gory cross is not the most entertaining, especially in this era of Joel Osteen-esque be-all-you-can-be humanistic man-centered preaching.

The average church-goer or believer is more likely to be at home with such themes as emotional intelligence,positive thinking, positive confessions,divine health and wealth more than Christ crucified. The movie Passion was PG rated due to its violence scenes.

Today I want to remind us of the eternal significance of Christ's passion and resurrection;
1. It was a demonstration of God's power and and assurance that just like Christ resurrected in power,so shall we if we believe in him

Ephesians 1:19-20 (ESV)
and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might 20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places

1Thes 4:14 (ESV)
 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

2. It demonstrates God's love for us that Jesus had to endure all that. Recite John 3:16 slowly and see that LOVE provoked the Passion

Romans 5:8 (ESV)
8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us

3. It dealt the kingdom of darkness a devastating blow. It is Satan and his kingdom who was put to open shame by the cross and thoroughly disarmed/defeated

Colossians 2:15 (American Standard Version - ASV)
15 having despoiled the principalities and the powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

And much more. So today my brodas if you will meditate on anything, let it be what Christ did FOR (in your stead and for your benefit) at the cross

Now, let us offer the sacrifice of our lips to Him who loved us and washed our sins inHis own blood;
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Let's Pray
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 01:28:31 PM »
Amen!

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 02:51:59 PM »
So someone eventually gathered enough guts to tell off the entertainers? The issue really is about (ab)using the name of God for personal enrichment. Gospel music is rarely about spreading the word but about personal enrichment and wild passion. If it was about the word of God, they would have followed in these footsteps so clearly set.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/bio/c/r/o/crosby_fj.htm

Have you ever heard about "Ndombolo ya Yesu or Gospel Genge?" What's so Christian about gangster rap? Is there Christian prostitution?
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »
The problem with hymns and I do love them is they was idolized. We have never moved beyond Amazing Grace, beyond England. Anything outside Golden Bells is defiled it appears. That's extremism
So someone eventually gathered enough guts to tell off the entertainers? The issue really is about (ab)using the name of God for personal enrichment. Gospel music is rarely about spreading the word but about personal enrichment and wild passion. If it was about the word of God, they would have followed in these footsteps so clearly set.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/bio/c/r/o/crosby_fj.htm

Have you ever heard about "Ndombolo ya Yesu or Gospel Genge?" What's so Christian about gangster rap? Is there Christian prostitution?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.