Author Topic: Debunking Bottoms up rhetoric vs policy  (Read 969 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Debunking Bottoms up rhetoric vs policy
« on: February 04, 2022, 05:54:14 AM »
The biggest bottoms up is devolution, universal Healthcare and free primary education. These social programmes have probably reduced poverty in kenya than another. Anyway Gladys Wanga deals with Tangatanda empty rhetoric here

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Debunking Bottoms up rhetoric vs policy
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 06:32:12 AM »

Gladys Wanga Educational background is Health Management. Funny how now she is waxing matters economy.
Now compare Azimios choice of Finance Minister vs UDAs Ichungwa .

The biggest bottoms up is devolution, universal Healthcare and free primary education. These social programmes have probably reduced poverty in kenya than another. Anyway Gladys Wanga deals with Tangatanda empty rhetoric here

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 06:40:40 AM »
Listen to Ndii so you can understand bottom up.Bottom up is improving incomes of the people directly not socialiasm.Giving people cheap fertilizer so they can produce more.Giving them AI services.Allowing hawkers to thrive.Improving bottom economy...not sociliasm..but subsidy on economic inputs so they can produce more

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 07:06:41 AM »
Ndii is busy campaigning got his wife in kiambu using independent party. Ndii has been bamboozled by gatabakis radicalism. During the fight for independence gatabaki dad was a mau mau supporter. He was a wealthy man and very vocal in support for independence. A young BRITISH  DO was posted in githunguri. This DO was very liberal for a colonial administrator. So he used to host barazas that he would convert to debates between him and local mau mau leaders. One time he asked senior gatabaki "Sasa wewe gatabaki kila siku wewe unalia ATI unataka mzungu arudishe Shambala. Ile Shamba uko Nayo wewe apana lima imenjaa "ruthiru" those ferns that grow in highlands. Everyone at the baraza laughed. It is this kind of radicalism that ndii has been fed by gatabakis. We had Njehu gatabaki as mp, he was a radical without cause. Always starting vurugu for no reason. The only fan gatabaki is the one that is a mathematics lecturer..he loves his beer and women. I used to see him here always hustling women in Bmore..bottom up in ushenzi it a radical rhetoricxthat is not practical. Ndii village is the poorest in lari. All his 40 years since he graduated he could started his agricultu productivity nonsense he advocates there. He is from kijabe just above view point on his way to soko mjinga..the dumbest thing i saw him advocating the other day is for people to grow blue gum trees for timber..guy is out of touch a theorist

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 07:13:17 AM »
Ndii is busy campaigning for his wife in kiambu using independent party. She is running for governor. She is one of those urbanites. She won't get even 1k votes.  Nidii has been bamboozled by gatabakis radicalism. During the fight for independence gatabaki dad was a mau mau supporter. He was a wealthy man and very vocal in support for independence. A young BRITISH  DO was posted in githunguri. This DO was very liberal for a colonial administrator. So he used to host barazas that he would convert to debates between him and local mau mau leaders. One time he asked senior gatabaki "Sasa wewe gatabaki kila siku wewe unalia ATI unataka mzungu arudishe Shambala. Ile Shamba uko Nayo wewe apana lima imenjaa "ruthiru" those ferns that grow in highlands. Everyone at the baraza laughed. It is this kind of radicalism that ndii has been fed by gatabakis. We had Njehu gatabaki as mp, he was a radical without cause. Always starting vurugu for no reason. The only fan gatabaki is the one that is a mathematics lecturer..he loves his beer and women. I used to see him here always hustling women in Bmore..bottom up in ushenzi it a radical rhetoricxthat is not practical. Ndii village is the poorest in lari. All his 40 years since he graduated he could started his agricultu productivity nonsense he advocates there. He is from kijabe just above view point on his way to soko mjinga..the dumbest thing i saw him advocating the other day is for people to grow blue gum trees for timber..guy is out of touch a theorist

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 07:32:09 AM »
Great insight but I think it's a bit of a stretch to imagine Ndii life is about his inlaws or wife.
I have met Ndii once - my former british boss/partner and him were classmate at Oxford university - Africa economics.
Under the tutelage of the great Prof Paul Colier.
My boss was brilliant and he spoke highly of Ndii.
This was in 2006 or about - so it's old story.
Ndii is brilliant no doubt - but he is not visionary - he strikes me as pessimist
Someone who is risk averse - someone who sees negatives instead of positives.
He is also emotionally unhinged - and so Ruto has to get him specific intellectual assignments - and leave him out of operations.
I think his best position is to head economic planning as PS or CS.
He can be in charge of KNBS, KIPRRA, economic councils and all these think tanks.
Then operational matters are left for Ichungwa, Gachaguas, Nyoros and Ruto - people who can translate plans into actions.
Ndii is busy campaigning got his wife in kiambu using independent party. Ndii has been bamboozled by gatabakis radicalism. During the fight for independence gatabaki dad was a mau mau supporter. He was a wealthy man and very vocal in support for independence. A young BRITISH  DO was posted in githunguri. This DO was very liberal for a colonial administrator. So he used to host barazas that he would convert to debates between him and local mau mau leaders. One time he asked senior gatabaki "Sasa wewe gatabaki kila siku wewe unalia ATI unataka mzungu arudishe Shambala. Ile Shamba uko Nayo wewe apana lima imenjaa "ruthiru" those ferns that grow in highlands. Everyone at the baraza laughed. It is this kind of radicalism that ndii has been fed by gatabakis. We had Njehu gatabaki as mp, he was a radical without cause. Always starting vurugu for no reason. The only fan gatabaki is the one that is a mathematics lecturer..he loves his beer and women. I used to see him here always hustling women in Bmore..bottom up in ushenzi it a radical rhetoricxthat is not practical. Ndii village is the poorest in lari. All his 40 years since he graduated he could started his agricultu productivity nonsense he advocates there. He is from kijabe just above view point on his way to soko mjinga..the dumbest thing i saw him advocating the other day is for people to grow blue gum trees for timber..guy is out of touch a theorist

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 07:37:34 AM »
Ooh he is brilliant. He is very noble intentions
 He challenged bbi and won that is a great achievement. He is a force of good. I am just poking fun of his gatabaki connections

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 07:44:43 AM »
Sio mbaya - he looks and talks crazy like Lari best export Prof Ngugi. Kiambu before drugs and alcohol was ahead in matters education. Saa hii it's done kaput. Vijana wamekwisha. Wamama ndio wamebaki.
 He challenged bbi and won that is a great achievement. He is a force of good. I am just poking fun of his gatabaki connections

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2022, 07:58:23 AM »
Sio mbaya - he looks and talks crazy like Lari best export Prof Ngugi. Kiambu before drugs and alcohol was ahead in matters education. Saa hii it's done kaput. Vijana wamekwisha. Wamama ndio wamebaki.

Kiambu still has a lot of educated people..in my village alone there 7 phds..it only our population density is high making social problems like alcohol to seem like they have afflicted everyone. In middle class families most have graduates.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2022, 08:00:56 AM »
Though he is not talking about it much, DP's secret plan is to tackle alcoholism and drugs head-on by deploying rigorous and measurable measures. According to my dad (RIP), Kalenjins were almost a basket case in the 70s. Moi in 1979 cracked the whip, and generations were saved! DP will more like put a stop to such vices using police/local communities and churches.
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2022, 08:02:44 AM »
The way I see.
Previously poor kids from Kiambu could make it to Alliances, Mangus and all good schools in Kiambu.
Now the poor in kiambu can only hope to become boda boda riders.
It's middle class families that take their kids to private schools - then universities - and the work.
And this is national phenomenon -
But more pronounced in urbanizing counties like Kiambu.
The bottom are being permanently left poor.
Kiambu still has a lot of educated people..in my village alone there 7 phds..it only our population density is high making social problems like alcohol to seem like they have afflicted everyone. In middle class families most have graduates.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2022, 08:05:05 AM »
I suspect that too.
Moi saved Kalenjin and many communities.
My own dad too told me it was total chaos with Kilabu.
Families would relocate to kilabus - drinking - wife and husband -
When money runs out - husband sneaks - sell the land - and goes back to Kilabu.
Kenya poor are facing an existential threat from drugs, betting, miraa and all these vices.
Gachagua if deployed can fix that.
Gov has to stop joking on matters like drugs and betting.
The poor have to be rescued from permanent poverty.
Though he is not talking about it much, DP's secret plan is to tackle alcoholism and drugs head-on by deploying rigorous and measurable measures. According to my dad (RIP), Kalenjins were almost a basket case in the 70s. Moi in 1979 cracked the whip, and generations were saved! DP will more like put a stop to such vices using police/local communities and churches.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2022, 08:05:34 AM »
Not really ..you still have gifted kids going to national schools the problem is securing employment after uni. Without relocating or get professional degrees like medicine law etc they are doomed

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2022, 08:07:44 AM »
I suspect that too.
Moi saved Kalenjin and many communities.
My own dad too told me it was total chaos with Kilabu.
Families would relocate to kilabus - drinking - wife and husband -
When money runs out - husband sneaks - sell the land - and goes back to Kilabu.
Kenya poor are facing an existential threat from drugs, betting, miraa and all these vices.
Gachagua if deployed can fix that.
Gov has to stop joking on matters like drugs and betting.
The poor have to be rescued from permanent poverty.

Gachagua can't fix anything. Gachagua is Isaac ruto type. Social problems usually aflict the below average poor. You see those get frustrated easily and can be quite reckless

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2022, 08:08:11 AM »
Maybe 1 or 2 in local primary school -
Thankfully they now consider the school you went to - public school get more weight.
What we need is to see significant number of kids in local primary school of poor parents making it to good schools and to university.
Not few rich parents taking their kids to boarding schools.

Not really ..you still have gifted kids going to national schools the problem is securing employment after uni. Without relocating or get professional degrees like medicine law etc they are doomed

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2022, 08:10:54 AM »
Isaac actually tried when it come to alcohol control
He did well in Bomet - and in my area - about half the drunkards gave up.
Isaac hired very young boys who'd run the walevi down - beat them up - break changaa pots - and make life impossible
They were also not bribeable like police. They would take them to court.
So eventually half the walevi gave up alcohol.
The hardcore remain.

When it come to alcohol and drugs that has gone out of control - I think we need shock and awe to reduce it - and then manage it better

In an environment of idleness - gov just has to ensure nobody opens the bar before 5pm -otherwise people will just drink themselves silly the whole day.

Gachagua can't fix anything. Gachagua is Isaac ruto type. Social problems usually aflict the below average poor. You see those get frustrated easily and can be quite reckless