Author Topic: Why Are Some Kenyan Tribes Greedy for Public Tax-Payer Financed Jobs?  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Is it because they are found wanting elsewhere? Why can't they face fair competition from the rest of Kenya?

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Why Are Some Kenyan Tribes Greedy for Public Tax-Payer Financed Jobs?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 05:31:46 PM »
Another tribal post. I think you can do better. Than subliminally spreading hate against a whole tribe for the greed of a few.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 05:39:39 PM »
Would it help if I dressed it up in scientific niceties? There you have senior officials of one ministry and they come from the same region.
Another tribal post. I think you can do better. Than subliminally spreading hate against a whole tribe for the greed of a few.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 05:42:17 PM »
Certainly. It would be decent. This is not toilet where you bare it all. Just try to qualify because there is no scientific or factual basis to allege kikuyus ALL love gov jobs.That picture does NOT pass the muster to condemn 7m plus folks..it says something about gov' kikuyunization of the civil service post-moi..it doesn't mean Kikuyu tribe are doing this.... A rewording would achieve your objective without sounding base, crude and tribal.

The fault here remain gov controlled by a select political and civil service elite FROM kikuyu tribe. NOT the kikuyu tribe. Not even all the elites. Not all the intelligentsia. The buck suddenly stops at Uhuru to ensure the face of kenya is reflected as per constitution.

Would it help if I dressed it up in scientific niceties? There you have senior officials of one ministry and they come from the same region.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 05:49:05 PM »
It would be interesting to find out if they are "forced" to take up these jobs or whether there is an inclination. My own people dominated Kenya Railways and ended up piling up in areas where the train had stations - all over Kenya. They had formed the labour force that built the railway alongside coolies and naturally, it passed from father to son and grandson. It also helped that successive ministers of Transport, Power and Communication were Luos. Domination of KPLC ended recently, much to my relief.

So there is a factor that leads Luhyas to quietly dominate the International Civil service; Coastals to master the Middle East and Somalis to take over Europe and North America.
Certainly. It would be decent. This is not toilet where you bare it all. Just try to qualify because there is no scientific or factual basis to allege kikuyus all love gov jobs. A rewording would achieve your objective without sounding base, crude and tribal.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 05:55:53 PM »
That sound innocent. The title though is screaming greedy for gov jobs. Maybe you want to rephrase..and say do some tribes like gov jobs.
It would be interesting to find out if they are "forced" to take up these jobs or whether there is an inclination. My own people dominated Kenya Railways and ended up piling up in areas where the train had stations - all over Kenya. They had formed the labour force that built the railway alongside coolies and naturally, it passed from father to son and grandson. It also helped that successive ministers of Transport, Power and Communication were Luos. Domination of KPLC ended recently, much to my relief.

So there is a factor that leads Luhyas to quietly dominate the International Civil service; Coastals to master the Middle East and Somalis to take over Europe and North America.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »
I think in this case there is open lobbying for these jobs combined with a desire to have tribesmen around. Either way the motive is greed. Whether it is Kibaki hunting with torch and candle in the dark caves for tribesmen to employ or Uhuru, the motive is the same. The beneficiaries have equally wanted those jobs and the benefactors have also desired to have their tribesmen to take up the jobs.
That sound innocent. The title though is screaming greedy for gov jobs. Maybe you want to rephrase..and say do some tribes like gov jobs.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 06:16:50 PM »
I think we are stuck with tribalism at the top.  You will convince very few Kenyans from an eating tribe that there is a problem with that.  The solution is to minimize its impact on everyone else by total devolution.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 06:24:29 PM »
Public jobs should not attract such high salaries and allowances. It should be clear that it's a transition to other careers and if you choose to say, will probably not be rich from it. Such positions like MCAs should be voluntary. Teachers and other employees should be allowed to contest and then apply for leave of absence at 50% of their employment to concentrate on MCA work. They can continue earning what they used to earn and have the county compensate the employer for the period they spend on County work. Those without previous employment should draw a minimum allowance while they look for a real job.

I think we are stuck with tribalism at the top.  You will convince very few Kenyans from an eating tribe that there is a problem with that.  The solution is to minimize its impact on everyone else by total devolution.