Author Topic: On cocktail dresses... do ladies wear sexy dresses to school?  (Read 20200 times)

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
Re: On cocktail dresses... do ladies wear sexy dresses to school?
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2014, 08:14:00 AM »
Well, to each his own.  :D I don't know any man who dresses in the same colors and fabrics I wear, though. Hayo tu!

.... I think you need to hang with real chics, chics who dress like chics. Not sure who your circle of girlfriends are but... hmm.. concerning. Googling undertone etc. doesn't work in real life. It's a nice concept but not proven. I've had chats about that with my girlfriends many a times before, not true, we've tried, doesn't work. People suit 2 or 3 color types. E.g. some look good in pink, most don't.
It certainly works, and the difference is immediately noticeable. Maybe you just didn't pick the right tone for you. You don't have to wear the same colours everyday, of course, but it certainly helps to know what colours suit you best instead of assuming. That way you don't dismiss whole races from wearing certain colours, like white for example, lol! Apparently only white blondes can wear white, you haven't seen Emmy Kosgei in a white dress, I bet  :D). She looks amazing. I think, veri, you are overly dismissive, your girlfriends don't represent the style of women everywhere.

You wear boots.. no comment. Blue, green is your color... your fashion sense is way too manly/nerdy for my liking.
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2014, 08:16:08 AM »
Hehe kumbe kababe is ALL woman...
Lol! Bryan, don't tell me you were suspecting me of being a man all this time. :D

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »
So you dress like this.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2014, 03:55:25 PM »
What not to wear... for pears.

What not to wear?

Skinny jeans (can be worn with some tunics or A line long tops)
Pencil or straight skirts
Very short skirts
Tops with narrow shoulder lines
Pleats and pants with a lot of detailing
Shoes and booties with ankle straps, too delicate footwear and kitten heels

http://40plusstyle.com/how-to-dress-a-pear-shaped-body/

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2014, 06:19:37 PM »
Ladies, what's the occasion? I normally stick to pants and top coz I don't want to be bothered by dumb males but when I do dress up I have only one rule: tight and short hehehe, my award-winning thayos have to be seen from time to time.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2014, 06:35:31 PM »
Hehe kumbe kababe is ALL woman...
Lol! Bryan, don't tell me you were suspecting me of being a man all this time. :D
usijali I don't engage in online gender bending like some folk.  By all woman I mean curvy curvy.  None of that size zero stuff we see in glossy magazines.

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2014, 06:57:30 PM »
This seems to be the only interesting topic on the board today. I'll drop this here mix with your cocktales hehehe. Nice weekend guys, weather here is greying already. Not cute for a sato.

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2014, 07:37:31 PM »
Kabebi that jumper is haut. Maroon. Okay let me get to gym already lol

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2014, 05:40:03 PM »
Ladies, what's the occasion? I normally stick to pants and top coz I don't want to be bothered by dumb males but when I do dress up I have only one rule: tight and short hehehe, my award-winning thayos have to be seen from time to time.
Me too...the pants, that is. They are just easy and convenient. And I DONT like leggings. I will be a bootleg girl to the end. Brynn, you are the tall, modelling type, I bet you kill in those skirts. :D Which maroon jumper were you referring to?

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2014, 05:43:55 PM »
usijali I don't engage in online gender bending like some folk.  By all woman I mean curvy curvy.  None of that size zero stuff we see in glossy magazines.
Aaaah, I get. You are a hot-blooded African male, I see. I like my round self, hehe, though I have a problem when my weight goes out of control. I am no slave to trends, don't cae if they say size 0 is the meaning of beauty, to me, beauty is what is there when I look in the mirror! :D If someone else disagrees, they don't have to look. :zen: