Author Topic: On cocktail dresses... do ladies wear sexy dresses to school?  (Read 20199 times)

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
Re: On cocktail dresses... do ladies wear sexy dresses to school?
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 05:18:45 PM »
What do think of this leopard print? It's on sale, cheap and I have strappy heels to match it..

http://www.myer.com.au/shop/mystore/women/clearance-womens/-225184780--1
Well its certainly cute! It says you're young, you're fun, out to enjoy yourself. It's a bit too short for me, though.
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 05:19:12 PM »
Boots scare me. I have tiny feet, I couldn't lift the weight. You don't wear boots with cocktail dresses... looks bad.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 05:21:07 PM »
Kabebi... you seriously need to go out more often...  your dress taste is what a granny or a child would wear. No offense.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 05:21:36 PM »
I wore a dress like that when I was 5years old..

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 05:21:59 PM »
Boots scare me. I have tiny feet, I couldn't lift the weight. You don't wear boots with cocktail dresses... looks bad.
Don't wear boots with cocktail dresses, no. I though you asked m what I liked to wear, not what I wear to cocktails. For fancy dinners, like I said, flowing body hugging dresses that don't hug my goods too tight! :D

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 05:23:54 PM »
I think I'll buy this. It's cheap and tertiary looking..but not too student.

Kabebi, flowing long dresses don't work on me. My parts jut out.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2014, 05:26:55 PM »
Kabebi... you seriously need to go out more often...  your dress taste is what a granny or a child would wear. No offense.
Lol! Plenty women wear boots around me, there's nothing grannyish/childish about them. And only cheap boots are heavy! :D I think the white dress is very cute, if you have skinny legs. I'd wear such a dress very proudly, but my legs wont let me. And its a bit short. The long pants work on a curvy girl just fine, if not better. It's tight where it needs to be (chest) and flowing from the waist down, it's just like a simple flowing dress but cut in pants instead. :D

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2014, 05:33:34 PM »
You sound like you have no idea. Chics wear boots to be comfortable, same goes for undergarments. Not for fashion. Chics around me don't wear boots (unless they're students but they don't count because they're students).

I know my body. I think you need to figure out what works and doesn't work for your body. For instance, a white dress is a no, no. Not for my complexion or yours. It may work if you're blonde and tall.

Long pants generally don't fit me unless custom fit. I have too much butt. Leggings are the safer alternative.

Not easy at all shopping for pears...

I think I like this..

http://www.myer.com.au/shop/mystore/women/dresses/wayne-by-wayne-cooper-226868680--1

What do you think?

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2014, 05:39:32 PM »
Ok, I've decided. I'm liking this.. also it's dirt cheap.

http://www.myer.com.au/shop/mystore/piper-229126240--1

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2014, 05:43:07 PM »
It dis-accentuates my curves.. and I can wear thick black stone necklace, strappy black heels, bright red lipstick, heavy eye make up like fake lashes, no need to syle my hair, bedroom hair will do.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 05:44:23 PM »
You sound like you have no idea. Chics wear boots to be comfortable, same goes for undergarments. Not for fashion. Chics around me don't wear boots (unless they're students but they don't count because they're students).

I know my body. I think you need to figure out what works and doesn't work for your body. For instance, a white dress is a no, no. Not for my complexion or yours. It may work if you're blonde and tall.

Long pants generally don't fit me unless custom fit. I have too much butt. Leggings are the safer alternative.

Not easy at all shopping for pears...

I think I like this..

http://www.myer.com.au/shop/mystore/women/dresses/wayne-by-wayne-cooper-226868680--1

What do you think?
Comfort and fashion are not opposed. :D The undergarments had better be both sexy and cormfy. Women are not the same. I love boots, and there are extremely fashionable boots out there, maybe the women around you are different from those around me.

You are completely wrong about colour. Colour is flattering or not based on your skin undertone. Cool undertoned chicks will look very good in white, black, silver and other cool colours no matter what colour their outer skin is, they have this fresh, clean look to them. And warm undertoned chicks will not look flattering at all in those colours however white they are. They are better off with warm colours, the yellows, browns, gold sorts. Its all about the undertone. Once you start dressing with that instead of assuming based on the superficial top skin, you will notice an immediate effect, not just you but everyone around you. Colour is very important and there is no colour for a specific race, but there is colour for specific tones that affect how the skin glows, or looks in certain light or against the contrast of a certain colour. :D

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 05:47:24 PM »

It's cute! Though i'm confused, thought you said you don't like white???

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 05:52:08 PM »
.... I think you need to hang with real chics, chics who dress like chics. Not sure who your circle of girlfriends are but... hmm.. concerning. Googling undertone etc. doesn't work in real life. It's a nice concept but not proven. I've had chats about that with my girlfriends many a times before, not true, we've tried, doesn't work. People suit 2 or 3 color types. E.g. some look good in pink, most don't.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 05:52:37 PM »

It's cute! Though i'm confused, thought you said you don't like white???

It's black and white. That's different. I'm feeling zebra..

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2014, 05:54:13 PM »
My ipad's running out of juice, I need to slumber. Thanks for the advise.  :*

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2014, 06:05:58 PM »
.... I think you need to hang with real chics, chics who dress like chics. Not sure who your circle of girlfriends are but... hmm.. concerning. Googling undertone etc. doesn't work in real life. It's a nice concept but not proven. I've had chats about that with my girlfriends many a times before, not true, we've tried, doesn't work. People suit 2 or 3 color types. E.g. some look good in pink, most don't.
It certainly works, and the difference is immediately noticeable. Maybe you just didn't pick the right tone for you. You don't have to wear the same colours everyday, of course, but it certainly helps to know what colours suit you best instead of assuming. That way you don't dismiss whole races from wearing certain colours, like white for example, lol! Apparently only white blondes can wear white, you haven't seen Emmy Kosgei in a white dress, I bet  :D). She looks amazing. I think, veri, you are overly dismissive, your girlfriends don't represent the style of women everywhere.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2014, 06:09:51 PM »
Lupita in white  :D No white skin or blonde hair anywhere, and she's stunning! :D

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2014, 10:28:52 PM »
Hehe kumbe kababe is ALL woman...

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2014, 06:09:19 AM »
You're confusing white for beige. Lupita looks awful in it. Is she wearing a spacesuit? Disaster.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2014, 06:10:37 AM »
It certainly works, and the difference is immediately noticeable. Maybe you just didn't pick the right tone for you. You don't have to wear the same colours everyday, of course, but it certainly helps to know what colours suit you best instead of assuming. That way you don't dismiss whole races from wearing certain colours, like white for example, lol! Apparently only white blondes can wear white, you haven't seen Emmy Kosgei in a white dress, I bet  :D). She looks amazing. I think, veri, you are overly dismissive, your girlfriends don't represent the style of women everywhere.

You wear boots.. no comment. Blue, green is your color... your fashion sense is way too manly/nerdy for my liking.