Author Topic: Ethiopia: Tigray Forces Summarily Execute Civilians  (Read 7946 times)

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
Ethiopia: Tigray Forces Summarily Execute Civilians
« on: December 11, 2021, 08:45:38 AM »
Are the Tigrayans the so-called tribe of Ethiopia that has a "warrior tradition"? Or am I mistaking them for another tribe? After a while, it's hard to keep track. Are they warriors or cowards who kill innocent civilians rather than face the Ethiopian army?

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/12/10/ethiopia-tigray-forces-summarily-execute-civilians#
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Ethiopia: Tigray Forces Summarily Execute Civilians
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 05:56:44 PM »
When the war broke, you jumped up and down here with excitement about the Tigrayans. You think we did not know why? Then it turned out that the issue was more complicated and the Tigrayans themselves are no angels.

I'm sure your tears for the Tigrayans are authentic, right? I'm sure you excitedly jumped on the Tigrayan case out of genuine concern for international justice, right? Just like the way you show genuine respect for the International Criminal court, right?

Your excited hope for Ethiopia to break up like Yugoslavia, so that you can use it for your rabidly pro-Ruto Kenyan political arguments, has been complicated a bit for now.

:D :D :D

I pray that Ethiopia remains intact. It's a great friend of Kenya.

Tigrayans live under total siege, denied food, subject to mass starvation, mass profiling, mass demonization, mass internment, mass sexual violence. Lives, livelihoods destroyed, Tigray set back decades.

When you calmly use phrases like "both sides to blame" just remember that.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 06:43:06 PM »
Do African "warriors" loot food that is set aside for starving children?

Looters from rebel Tigrayan forces held aid staff at gunpoint in the town of Kombolcha, the United Nations said.

They stole large quantities of essential food supplies - including some for malnourished children.

Ethiopia war: UN halts food aid in two towns after warehouses looted
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-59588956

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 07:02:45 PM »
You're sick my friend. That is why people ignore you here. What I say here about anything (my own punditry) HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO with actors. That is just my dispassionate punditry. Dont hate the Tigrays because I see their struggle mirroring a future hypothetical war that Kalenjin could launch. That make you very sick.

What I know - is that Ethiopia gov are attempting genocide against Tigrays - and what I know Tigray people are great warriors - and will fight to their death.

Tigray are the warriors that saved Ethiopia from colonization. They fought and defeated Italians in the battle of Adawa. If you're proud of Ethiopia history of defeating Italians...it the blood on Tigrayans that was shade and that prevailed. Not Ethiopia other 80 tribes.

They fought the Derg regime and prevailed. They fought for 16yrs.

They did horrible stuff when in power like Tutsi or Banyakole or the Kalenjin did to majority.

But should minority people like Tutsi now or Banyakole or Tigray or Kalenjin in Moi era be "genocided" after eventually losing power because they are damn good warriors fighting and prevailing over a bigger majority....as some form of revenge.

Of course NOT. Should we deny that Tigray are damn good fighters. Of course NOT. Should minority like Tutsi of Rwanda or Banyakole of Uganda ruling their countries commit human right violation of the majority. Of course NOT.

There should be rules of war - you cannot use gov forces to attempt to genocide minority - because YOU CANNOT - and like Tigrays and Tutsi before - when eventually they win the war - as they will - they will similarly revenge BIG TIME. The circle will continue..they will rape, kill, and displace...the majority...for say 30yrs..until they are eventually defeated..majority attempt their genocide...the same is repeated again and again. Until we have a break.

Are kalenjin good figthers. YES OF COURSE. That is historical happenstance. That everyone apart from GEMA who are new in the region are unaware. You are only aware of Maasai ferocity. But anyone in Western Kenya are aware of Kalenjin warfare - and would sue for peace immediately than going for long drawn war.

Are all people good fighters or warriors. NO. It just like running or farming. Some people are great farmers. Some are great merchants. Some are great builders. Some are great dancers. Some great hunters. This historical happenstance that combine several factors to produce speciliazed people and culture.

When the war broke, you jumped up and down here with excitement about the Tigrayans. You think we did not know why? Then it turned out that the issue was more complicated and the Tigrayans themselves are no angels.

I'm sure your tears for the Tigrayans are authentic, right? I'm sure you excitedly jumped on the Tigrayan case out of genuine concern for international justice, right? Just like the way you show genuine respect for the International Criminal court, right?

Your excited hope for Ethiopia to break up like Yugoslavia, so that you can use it for your rabidly pro-Ruto Kenyan political arguments, has been complicated a bit for now.

Tigrayans live under total siege, denied food, subject to mass starvation, mass profiling, mass demonization, mass internment, mass sexual violence. Lives, livelihoods destroyed, Tigray set back decades.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 07:20:36 PM »
I do not hate the Tigrayans (good try, I was mocking your political manipulation of their situation). But I think your reading of the Ethiopian situation is unnecessarily colored by your Kalenjin politics. You may not see it that way but others, who are more objective, can. Every country is different.

Ethiopia is a great and wonderful country. I really do not see the necessity of it breaking up. I pray to God that it does not.

Yes, the Kalenjin may be good fighters in the old African sense. But you have politicized them too much. They are not as ferocious as you make them out to be! I also think that modern technology has complicated the so-called "warrior" ferocity you always throw at us on this forum. And the Kalenjins do not need to be a nation by themselves. Kenya's territory, as it stands now, is worth defending from secession.

I would never listen to someone like you to get an accurate reading of the Ethiopian situation. Why? You are extremely biased and have too many axes to grind. If you cannot see this you have another thing coming.

You're sick my friend. That is why people ignore you here. What I say here about anything (my own punditry) HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO with actors. That is just my dispassionate punditry. Dont hate the Tigrays because I see their struggle mirroring a future hypothetical war that Kalenjin could launch. That make you very sick.

What I know - is that Ethiopia gov are attempting genocide against Tigrays - and what I know Tigray people are great warriors - and will fight to their death.

Tigray are the warriors that saved Ethiopia from colonization. They fought and defeated Italians in the battle of Adawa. If you're proud of Ethiopia history of defeating Italians...it the blood on Tigrayans that was shade and that prevailed. Not Ethiopia other 80 tribes.

They did horrible stuff when in power like Tutsi or Banyakole or the Kalenjin did to majority.

But should minority people like Tutsi now or Banyakole or Tigray or Kalenjin in Moi era be "genocided" because they are damn good warriors fighting and prevailing over a bigger majority.

Of course NOT. Should we deny that Tigray are damn good fighters. Of course NOT.

There should be rules of war - you cannot use gov forces to attempt to genocide minority - because YOU CANNOT - and like Tigrays and Tutsi before - when eventually they win the war - as they will - they will similarly revenge BIG TIME. The circle will continue..they will rape, kill, and displace...the majority...for say 30yrs..until they are eventually defeated..majority attempt their genocide...the same is repeated again and again. Until we have a break.

Are kalenjin good figthers. YES OF COURSE. That is historical happenstance. That everyone apart from GEMA who are new in the region are unaware. You are only aware of Maasai ferocity.

Are all people good fighters or warriors. NO. It just like running or farming. Some people are great farmers. Some are great merchants. Some are great builders. Some are great dancers. Some great hunters. This historical happenstance that combine several factors to produce speciliazed people and culture.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 07:29:11 PM »
Dude then why open a thread with passive aggressive post on my punditry. Why not talk about Tigray human rights violation on it's own merit? I am not GOD. I make my analysis based on the facts I know. I get it wrong sometimes. Because I am not expert in everything. I know for example that Tigrayans are very very very good fighters.

As we speak Tigrays are still the winners. one year a go - ethiopia gov was kicking their federal gov and sending them to hills - one year later - not only have Tigray reclaimed their entire territorry - they occupy huge portion of Amhara region

The winner as of now is still the Tigray.

But should Ethiopia gov deny non combatants food and medicine - of course not. That is why US and western countries are telling Ethiopia that is not how to fight war.

Ethiopia gov should fight Tigray armed forces but let the UN and other Aid agencies to transport food to prevent mass starvation.

I do not hate the Tigrayans (good try, I was mocking your political manipulation of their situation). But I think your reading of the Ethiopian situation is unnecessarily colored by your Kalenjin politics. You may not see it that way but others, who are more objective, can. Every country is different.

Ethiopia is a great and wonderful country. I really do not see the necessity of it breaking up. I pray to God that it does not.

Yes, the Kalenjin may be good fighters in the old African sense. But you have politicized them too much. They are not as ferocious as you make them out to be! I also think that modern technology has complicated the so-called "warrior" ferocity you always throw at us on this forum. And the Kalenjins do not need to be a nation by themselves. Kenya's territory, as it stands now, is worth defending from secession.

I would never listen to someone like you to get an accurate reading of the Ethiopian situation. Why? You are extremely biased and have too many axes to grind. If you cannot see this you have another thing coming.

But should minority people like Tutsi now or Banyakole or Tigray or Kalenjin in Moi era be "genocided" because they are damn good warriors fighting and prevailing over a bigger majority.

Of course NOT. Should we deny that Tigray are damn good fighters. Of course NOT.

Are kalenjin good figthers. YES OF COURSE. That is historical happenstance. That everyone apart from GEMA who are new in the region are unaware. You are only aware of Maasai ferocity.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 07:34:43 PM »
To you, you see everything you write as "punditry." In reality, it is spin, pure and simple. And sometimes it is reckless spin. This is what happens when you believe that you possess a very high IQ, while those who disagree with you are low IQ types.

Dude then why open a thread with passive aggressive post on my punditry. Why not talk about Tigray human rights violation on it's own merit? I am not GOD. I make my analysis based on the facts I know. I get it wrong sometimes. Because I am not expert in everything. I know for example that Tigrayans are very very very good fighters.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2021, 07:37:14 PM »
You really fear me :)
To you, you see everything you write as "punditry." In reality, it is spin, pure and simple. And sometimes it is reckless spin. This is what happens when you believe that you possess a very high IQ, while those who disagree with you are low IQ types.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2021, 07:40:20 PM »
Yes, I tremble whenever I see your handle. I fear you might steal my cow today and murder me tomorrow.

You really fear me :)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2021, 07:45:34 PM »
We need mass Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)  treatment. Rift valley is and has been a war zone. Just like Northern Kenya. Growing up people would knife you and tell you not to move so you dont break their swords...as they remove it slowly :). Or as Mzungu realize people were stealing railway nuts for use as club/rungu to brain your enemy or opponent - crack your skull.
Yes, I tremble whenever I see your handle. I fear you might steal my cow today and murder me tomorrow.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2021, 07:48:31 PM »
Wow! Really?  :D

We need mass Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)  treatment. Rift valley is and has been a war zone. Just like Northern Kenya. Growing up people would knife you and tell you not to move so you dont break their swords...as they remove it slowly :)

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2021, 07:30:23 AM »
Good luck trying to make sense of the genius computer pundit and his martial master race kalenjin. One day they are related to the Tutsi, another day somalis then lately Tigray :D

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2021, 10:57:21 AM »
He jumps at any opportunity. He's all over the map. It's actually quite pathetic. And when you call him out, he cries like a baby: "You are sick." My favorite is this one: "Everyone hates you." It's as if I'm in a popularity contest. I don't call him out to be popular. I call him out because I simply disagree with him. I don't care what anyone thinks!

When he seized on the shifta war to promote his usual stuff, I began to realize that a screw was definitely missing in that brain that is supposedly high IQ.

Good luck trying to make sense of the genius computer pundit and his martial master race kalenjin. One day they are related to the Tutsi, another day somalis then lately Tigray :D

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2021, 11:15:28 AM »
the Nandi showed reckless bravery even against machine guns; - I didnt make that up - and if you need confirmation of what arming a kalenjin look like - go to Pokot.

and the Turkana dominated one of the most pitiless wildernesses in all of Africa.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 08:16:17 AM by Njuri Ncheke »

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2021, 08:43:18 PM »
Modern technology has complicated things a bit for the so-called warrior tribes. A good aim from a drone can mess things up quite a bit, to put it mildly. A nice drone is also great for gathering intelligence, especially on cowardly attackers who target churches and innocent civilians.

Eye in the Sky: Real-time Drone Surveillance System (DSS) for Violent Individuals Identification

the Nandi showed reckless bravery even against machine guns; - I didnt make that up - and if you need confirmation of what arming a kalenjin look like - go to Pokot.

and the Turkana dominated one of the most pitiless wildernesses in all of Africa.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2021, 08:09:09 AM »
Are the Tigrayans the so-called tribe of Ethiopia that has a "warrior tradition"? Or am I mistaking them for another tribe? After a while, it's hard to keep track. Are they warriors or cowards who kill innocent civilians rather than face the Ethiopian army?

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/12/10/ethiopia-tigray-forces-summarily-execute-civilians#
The Afar are the Martial tribe of Ethiopia. They have a long history of resistance going back many centuries before Other kabilas . Generally all Kabilas in Ethiopia alhave a long history of war and are quite good at it there is no single timid kabila.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2021, 08:17:04 AM »

Pundit bandit :D very true Merus are farmers very proud farmers like most bantu communities the affinity to land and farming is imprinted onnthe mind. I don't think of other passions apart from tilling soil and growing crops or keeping animals.
But unlike you I don't say merus are related to any other kabilas in foreign countries like you who suffers from  grandiose hallucinations of the kalenjin somewhat like they are from Pluto. And thats why I always wished we bordered you so that your inflated ego can be Brought to Earth. Kalenjin are just goat keepers growing up we were told goat herders from mogotio were ruling us in Nairobi. :D

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2021, 09:44:06 AM »
Say someone who has spent all the time trying to link Bantus with Meroe kingdom of Sudan.
Look..out of Ethiopia-Sudan - Oromos/Somali - and Nubian lived in Cush Empire.
Below them were Kalenjin...in the present day Khartoum.
Below them are Luos...they are in Malakal and Bar Gazelle (sp)..
Below them are related Dinks and Nuers...to the east were Maasai/Turkana/Teso

Now Kalenjin (proto-kalenjin) broke off with Oromo/somalis (cushites) (proto-cushites) - just before spread of christinity up in horn of Africa (later 200yrs  Islam arrived) - and moved south wards - toward Ethiopia highlands - and further south to Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.

There is enough DNA that has been done - of plants, language, name it.

Kalenjin like Maasai have had significant genetic inflow from cushitic to be described as nilo-hamitic or nilo-cushitic if you will.

Of course even Merus have significant genetic inflow from cushitic (25 percent) - but Kalenjin/Maasai is about (50-75 percent)

It silly to imagine that nilotes lived in sudan and ethiopia - and never interacted with cushites or semites of Ethiopia and sudan.

It also silly to imagine a bantu from Nigeria/Camerooun somehow is related to the tribes in horn of Africa. If there is any relationship - then it's from east africa bantus - interracting with cushites and nilotes.

Pundit bandit :D very true Merus are farmers very proud farmers like most bantu communities the affinity to land and farming is imprinted onnthe mind. I don't think of other passions apart from tilling soil and growing crops or keeping animals.
But unlike you I don't say merus are related to any other kabilas in foreign countries like you who suffers from  grandiose hallucinations of the kalenjin somewhat like they are from Pluto. And thats why I always wished we bordered you so that your inflated ego can be Brought to Earth. Kalenjin are just goat keepers growing up we were told goat herders from mogotio were ruling us in Nairobi. :D

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2021, 10:14:18 AM »
Just imagine you are politically in bed with them these days. I pray for you.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2021, 10:18:20 AM »
Lakini uko desperate for Baba. Let me tell you - these gema will never respect sissies like you - they are used to bullying you - but sisi we dont get bullied by farmers kama Njuri ncheke with his sharpened machette.

If you had as little cojones as Ruto - you would not be seeing PORK in year 2100 - if ever.

Luos aka Raila have cojones - shida ni tactic and strategy - they let emotion take over their brain.

Kalenjin are very calculative - we do maths - we never lose our emotions - but fight we fight.

Uhuru and Mt kenya mafia are still waiting for Ruto to go see them and plead - Ruto told them to forget about it.

Just imagine you are politically in bed with them these days. I pray for you.