Author Topic: Scanning nipate.com..truly history repeat itself  (Read 7317 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Scanning nipate.com..truly history repeat itself
« on: September 05, 2014, 11:07:35 AM »
The same fools who derided us when we joined Nipate.com from RCB before later swallowing the humble pie and joining us...are now swearing allegiance and undying loyalty to Nipate.com.

In the meantime Mkenya the Nipate.com admin and owner has given all indications that he is done with the site....as in tired...running something that is banned from adsense. Where spam has ran amok. He even politely suggested they fold up and join Nipate.org ;D ;D ;D but they didn't get him. Rich bowen also got tired with rcb long time ago...

I give Nipate.com one month before it fold over.

What make a forum kick is diverse membership and content...right now Nipate.com is brain dead echo chamber of Njamlik and the other fools...as brain dead as RCB which does 1 quality post every a month. I used to visit but nowadays i visit rcb once in a month...only to find ICC kenya with his endless boring monologues.

Nipate.org is off to great start.....nipate.com started really bottom down...

Good job to Veritas.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
Re: Scanning nipate.com..truly history repeat itself
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 11:21:48 AM »
Good for you, Pundit, for sticking with Veritas. It was an act of courage and she did a good job, Bravo!

I like nipate (though the ever absent admin has still not released my email change hence I cant log in), and I was surprised to read guys berate this EXTREMELY friendly, non-hostile forum. :-\  Veri was so gracious, she let everyone in, no beef, no bile. We even went looking for them at RCB!  ;D There was even a thread here (several in fact) where members mourned and grieved over nipate's "temporary death".

But from some comments at nipate, you would think people were reading a different site! There are blatant false claims that people came here to denigrate nipate...URONGO!! People were GRIEVING! Yawa, uwongo ni mbaya.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 11:27:13 AM »
Admin lost interest completely in Nipate.com once he was blacklisted from Adsense. At one point i thought he even sold the site. This site is timely. As regard to Njamlik inspired haterotation...that is what fool specialize in..you should have read how he derided Nipate as Mikate and all sort of nonsense he wrote for months...until he got tired with his monoloques with fellow tribesmen in RCB...join Nipate as NattyBread...which is now swear loyalty to.

But you can bet pple will get tired of one track anti-raila posting and pictures of UhuRuto.

Good for you, Pundit, for sticking with Veritas. It was an act of courage and she did a good job, Bravo!

I like nipate (though the ever absent admin has still not released my email change hence I cant log in), and I was surprised to read guys berate this EXTREMELY friendly, non-hostile forum. :-\  Veri was so gracious, she let everyone in, no beef, no bile. We even went looking for them at RCB!  ;D There was even a thread here (several in fact) where members mourned and grieved over nipate's "temporary death".

But from some comments at nipate, you would think people were reading a different site! There are blatant false claims that people came here to denigrate nipate...URONGO!! People were GRIEVING! Yawa, uwongo ni mbaya.

Offline Kababe

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 12:08:10 PM »
What surprises me....why DISS this forum with matusi while declaring fealty to nipate as if you are forced at gun-point to choose one or the other? ;D Nothing stops you from participating in both, and you don't have to make declarations as if you have to choose between two women and one will get jealous  ;D Just let things pan out at their own pace. Who knows, the next time nipate goes poof again, you can just continue chatting bila feeling compelled to explain yourself out of embarrassment. ;)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »
No one has anything against them.  Yet it's not a good sign when people think they have to declare a KANU era style loyalty pledge. 

It's the web.  No should feel the urge to explain why they are visiting another of the millions of forums.  Especially if it's not some bizarre site dedicated to beheadings and the like.

@veritas,

How did you migrate the user names?  Did you copy and paste each one by hand or did you have a magic script? 

You deserve a pat on the back for the work.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 01:20:55 PM »
No one has anything against them.  Yet it's not a good sign when people think they have to declare a KANU era style loyalty pledge. 

It's the web.  No should feel the urge to explain why they are visiting another of the millions of forums.  Especially if it's not some bizarre site dedicated to beheadings and the like.

Agreed.
I strayed into Nipate last year's Feb and RCB. They looked the same at first. I ended on Nipate simply because its graphics was richer...very mundane thing. My biggest fear was that it shut before i exorcised soul-sleep heresies and tithing myths. Otherwise, it's a free world
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline machoman

• VIP
  • Regular
  • No Man Is an Island
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »
we should have more sites like this. Jukwaa is dead. RcB is barely breathing.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 02:23:30 PM »
Thank you kindly. xxxx

Termy, by hand, I typed every username and password. No script. I thought about each individual and shared experiences. It's an absolute privilege to see you all here. I envisioned this years back, but didn't think it would ever happen. Thank you, thank you.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 02:28:38 PM »
Pundit

You have understand Njamlik. On one hand he is dealing with his withdrawal problems arising from the imminent demise of nipate.com and on the other he is smarting from his inability to freely join this site. So he does what he does best: Pillory and harangue!

Sadly for him, he might just achieve the opposite of his intentions. By alienating "Departed" Nipateans, he ensures that they don't return to the site. Initially people were willing to engage Rich's TOP. I would even visit on occasion. Then the rabid hate began and I saw no reason to go there anymore. It is happening again. I am now perhaps one of the few who still visit both sites. It's getting lonely over there in the midst of one-issue whackos (as you rightly listed).

I believe watching TV, reading a book, Newspaper and yes a BB should see you leave more informed and most importantly LESS ignorant. When a site becomes the source of ignorance and a danger to your enlightenment, then it's time to severe links with it.

I know where you stand on the ICC case. I stand somewhere in the middle because of my devotion to the mirage of justice and abhorrence of injustice (whichever you prefer). We argue and disagree. But I leave the argument site more enlightened. I gain from it. I learn and at worst get the incentive to keep my lights on late at night reading.

But I suffer no jingoist crap. That is what has remained at that site. Sad but Nipate eventually fell victim to it liberal approach. God (whom you don't believe in I note) willing, Nipate may overcome.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 02:37:21 PM »
I hear you Omollo.

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 04:10:28 PM »
I hear you Omollo.
Pundit

What exactly does adsense add to a blog forum? Is it the funding for maintaining the blog or does someone actually make money from them? Personally I think in this day and age of information age and the fact that hackers are becoming better and better at their vice, the more forums where Kenyans can participate in the better.

This freedom of information sharing has allowed us real time info on the ongoings of the motherland and elsewhere in the world, how can someone be mad with that? This is the way we can keep politicians who were once untaouchables like mutua, moi et al in check. Personally the more the better and people should be free to contibute wherever they want whenever. I dont carry the baggage of RBC and my blogging is as recent as 2011, but I was an avid reader of some sites and still is....I see nothing wrong at all with that.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 07:13:55 PM »
I say Hallelujah to that. I grace all Kenyan owned BBs. Some are ghost towns but I still honour invitations.

BTW: check your PM

I hear you Omollo.
Pundit

What exactly does adsense add to a blog forum? Is it the funding for maintaining the blog or does someone actually make money from them? Personally I think in this day and age of information age and the fact that hackers are becoming better and better at their vice, the more forums where Kenyans can participate in the better.

This freedom of information sharing has allowed us real time info on the ongoings of the motherland and elsewhere in the world, how can someone be mad with that? This is the way we can keep politicians who were once untaouchables like mutua, moi et al in check. Personally the more the better and people should be free to contibute wherever they want whenever. I dont carry the baggage of RBC and my blogging is as recent as 2011, but I was an avid reader of some sites and still is....I see nothing wrong at all with that.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 07:22:24 PM »
I hear you Omollo.
Pundit

Mya88, adsense is run by Google. You put ads on your website and when anyone clicks on it you make pesa. It isn't much though. I will however be adding on adsense soon and paying moderators. I'll place a post about that in the next couple weeks when I figure out the logistics and payment system. There isn't much pesa in adsense so I'm thinking about other avenues where we can generate a sizeable stash. Most likely business sponsorships. I want big like Safaricom to sponsor us. I guess we need to build a portfolio to get there.

For now, I'm hoping we can build a celeb reputation so Nipateans can get invited to dot com seminars and such and such. I want this site to be where famous Kenyan bloggers hang so we can sponsor them and ensure great minds get heard.

Offline bryan275

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 08:54:22 AM »
Its weird that folks wanajifunga from forums like this and I think Toli has it nailed down asking who these people are.  It reminds me of those Jews in the book of Acts who swore to fast until they'd killed Paul.  Problem was they couldn't kill the guy in the first place.

Most of us were born free, unless of course you were born with Uhuru and those before lol