Author Topic: Human Flow Documentary  (Read 353 times)

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
Human Flow Documentary
« on: November 26, 2021, 04:49:51 AM »
Very interesting Documentary on Refugees. I was looking for something to watch as I spent Thanksgiving in my ME time. I love to sometimes have a day of two to myself just trying to learn one or two things. Basically do nothing but unwind. I found this on Amazon Prime and it is an eye opening documentary on ongoing Refugee crisis all the world. May be the world has entered another phase of uncertainty. The Western world is looking inwards and becoming extremely paranoid. xenophobia is on the increase. The documentary was in 2015 and it quoted the refugees census at 65 million. The greatest Refugee migration since the World War II. The late Stage Capitalism will not only cause fear and xenophobia but it may lead to civil wars within countries in within regions. Right now no one is sure what the future of American Empire is. There is erie feeling that we may be seeing a rapid implosion of this Empire. Each side is now worried or predicting that they cannot see American Democracy surviving. There is a foreboding by everyone. There is that feeling that humans  have that says the road ahead is uncertain and dangerous. The excubarnace of the 1990s have been replaced with fear of uncertain future. We are at the crossroads. Anyway here is documentary on the Chinese Artist behind the documentary...

Can you imagine what is Happening In China and the world has collectively decided to close their eyes and pretend it is not happening. We saw the same when Syria imploded. Everyone looked the other way and only stepped in just to be seen to be doing little and moving on. There was a time before 2001 9/11 when the only world worry was Israel Occupation of Palestine. Now that is not even in the radar any more

Human Flow Trailer

Amy Goodman coverage of Human Flow

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: Human Flow Documentary
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 03:24:02 PM »
Best way to reduce refugees is fix the world economy. All other measures are stopgap/ bandaid.

For current ones I've proposed a system of quotas where every country would propose how many migrants it will absorb. Not just refugees. Some countries will be more attractive than others hence the need to add incentives such as basic income for 10 years or until they get own income whichever. Western countries that are complaining can fill up the pot with money.

... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
Re: Human Flow Documentary
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 03:25:04 PM »
I'm talking about an exchange of people. That would promote diversity.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread