Author Topic: Special Thread on Ethiopia war  (Read 8118 times)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Special Thread on Ethiopia war
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2022, 06:37:18 PM »
The Ethiopian government forces in cooperation with Eritrea, captured Shire, a city north of Tigray. The Tigayians are ready for peace talks, but the Ethipian government seems hell bent to crash the TPLF. Big mistake of Abiy. He should negotiate now for peace from a position of strength. The Tigranians will never surrender.

It depends on what they want to talk about.  Abiy might think they only need to talk about surrender.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2022, 07:38:33 PM »
Current status is Abiy is poised to capture Mekelle,Tigray is fully destroyed I had perfectly predicted this, that after first fight Abiy will take time to rearm and go on the offensive. Even if Tigray continue fighting their land will be destroyed not worth that,whatTigray did to other Ethiopians will be visited on them,its better to flee to another country.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2022, 08:08:09 PM »
How do you destroy the land :) unless baby Abiy mine it.
I dont think they will be able to hold Tigray when local population is against them.
I see they have taken a tiny sliver - opened a small corridor - huge force of ethiopia and eritrea - against small force of TDF.
My money still on TDF winning this war - because it being fought on their soil.
The war they cannot win is Adis Ababa.
Ethiopia is looking at a protracted civil war that will go on for 10-20yrs.
The good thing it's localized - the OLF oromos have been cut off and should be easy to deal with.
Ogaden and somalis are also happy to see Tigrays kicked - it's a sweet revenge for somalis.
So we will have war in that little corner btw Tigrays, Amharas, Fanos and Eritreas.
Current status is Abiy is poised to capture Mekelle,Tigray is fully destroyed I had perfectly predicted this, that after first fight Abiy will take time to rearm and go on the offensive. Even if Tigray continue fighting their land will be destroyed not worth that,whatTigray did to other Ethiopians will be visited on them,its better to flee to another country.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2022, 09:23:46 PM »
Abiys interest is just destroying Tigray land just like Putin is doing in Ukraine,not really interested in ful capture but destroying Tigray so that they never rise, simple strategy. The more Tigray fight the more grim the outcome,they need surrender as Abiy is happy bombing them to smithereens.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2022, 12:42:16 AM »

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2022, 09:19:05 AM »
You're missing the big picture destruction of Tigray infrastructure and all. Taking it back to the 70s and 80s, already Tigray is regretting starting the war,they will never rise again their region devastated thats what Abiy wants to achieve and Abiy seems to take pleasure in his recent endeavors he is on road to declaring himself emperor of Ethiopia this might be his goal,when you have leaders with a personal vendetta, expect anything will fly just like putin

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2022, 01:01:46 PM »
You're missing the big picture destruction of Tigray infrastructure and all. Taking it back to the 70s and 80s, already Tigray is regretting starting the war,they will never rise again their region devastated thats what Abiy wants to achieve and Abiy seems to take pleasure in his recent endeavors he is on road to declaring himself emperor of Ethiopia this might be his goal,when you have leaders with a personal vendetta, expect anything will fly just like putin
What infrastructure is there to destroy...he can weaken their army but he can't win insurgency in tigray without local support... Ethiopia army will again get kicked out of tigray with heavy causalities.The only way is letting tigray become independent or giving them more autonomy...

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2023, 12:52:28 PM »
Eriteria still in Tigray looting

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2023, 01:27:55 PM »
Yes.
But surely how did Tigrays become this hated by almost everyone.
Somalis, Amharas, Eritreans, Oromo all want them exterminated.

Was Meles Zenawi such an evil?

What happened the last two years is clearly genocidal attempt to exterminate Tigray People.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2023, 06:56:38 PM »
Yes.
But surely how did Tigrays become this hated by almost everyone.
Somalis, Amharas, Eritreans, Oromo all want them exterminated.

Was Meles Zenawi such an evil?

What happened the last two years is clearly genocidal attempt to exterminate Tigray People.

Zenawi crackdown. he won the war by killing others into submission

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2023, 06:19:01 AM »
This war has pretty much ended. Where it began. Baby Abiy has returned Tigray regional gov. Needless destruction and war.
https://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/tea/rest-of-africa/ethiopia-drops-charges-against-rebel-leaders-4180066