Author Topic: Tigray taking over Ethiopia  (Read 26877 times)

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
Re: Tigray taking over Ethiopia
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2021, 06:35:38 PM »
Abiy has a personal vendetta with Tigray. I would say he is quite vengeful given a chance he would exterminate them,I think the war was an excuse for this. Abiy has a very big ego he wants to be emperor of Ethiopia, actually I just heard that his mum had told him he dreamt of him becoming the 7th emperor of Ethiopia.
But Abiy and Ruto are quite similar in some ways. Ruto has a deep seated hatred for Luos,this alone is nothing but given a chance when he is president he won't hesitate to mow them down

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2021, 06:54:44 PM »
Baby Abiy after the TPLF attempted to murder him - his first few days in office - there was an attempted assisination - has been on a mission to cut Tigrays to size.
TPLF were angry when he made peace deal with Oromos militias...without involving them.
After trying to shoot him - he went to Eritrea and made peace...knowing Eritrea hated TPLF.
From there it's been a question of when TPLF and Abiy will go for showdown.
Previous PM was TPLF lackey - and knew when not to cross the line.
TPLF put Abiy to placate Oromos militia - but he wasnt suppose to make any decision.

Why on earth would Ruto hate Luos?

I am not aware of any Kalenjin who hate Luos - Kikuyus and other kabilas who are new in rift valley the relationship is difficult - but btw Kalenjin, Luos, Gusii, Luhyas, and Maasai...the relationship is centuries old. It's like kikuyus and Maasai.

Most kalenjin see Luos as their nilotic brothers who are a little bit cowardly. It doesnt graduate to hatred. The worse it goes is despise. Ruto definitely despise Raila and his Luo elite - because he thinks they dont have what it takes to get power.

Otherwise if they are people who dont fight beyond 2 hours then it's Luo-Kalenjin. Luo-Kalenjin war end swiftly. There is almost no massacres or heavy losses because Luos generally will raise the white flag and Kalenjin will leave them alone.

Ruto will attack Raila because he is main opponent and because gema love it.

Ruto himself - ancestry is Kuria-Gusii - very recent. Some Kalenjin proudly wear their Gusii, ogiek, maasai and luhya ancestry - keeping their old names - and like most nilotic people - knowing their genacological to centuries before

Abiy has a personal vendetta with Tigray. I would say he is quite vengeful given a chance he would exterminate them,I think the war was an excuse for this. Abiy has a very big ego he wants to be emperor of Ethiopia, actually I just heard that his mum had told him he dreamt of him becoming the 7th emperor of Ethiopia.
But Abiy and Ruto are quite similar in some ways. Ruto has a deep seated hatred for Luos,this alone is nothing but given a chance when he is president he won't hesitate to mow them down

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2021, 07:14:23 PM »
I dont really think you and luos are "friendly",tell us about murder of Robert Ouko and others. Are Luos okay with this? i doubt.
Again also explain to your cousins the Somalis about wagalla massacre,have they forgotten? Are undertaken under Baba Mois leadership.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #243 on: December 21, 2021, 07:38:44 PM »
It's simply like Maasai-Kikuyu or Samburu-Meru - You can fight, people can die, but people dont hate each other - because it always been like that - people fight - they intermarry - they trade - they following day Luo is in Kalenjin land - and Kalenjin in Luo land.

Now when it come to GEMA-Kalenjin - it's a little more complicated - because you guys are basically strangers in rift valley. You jumped over Maasai straight to Kalenjin...and suddenly people are meeting "strange" people?

Who are these people digging the land like it their life depend on it :) Who the hell is digging at noon when sun is so hot? Then we hear they are Njuri Njeke :) And these people really likes beans :)

We did not know you before arrival of Mzungu. You're strangers in our midst. The same for you guys - you saw the 1st Kalenjin probably with arrival of British.

This is why peace deal is very important btw Kalenjin- gema - because without that - relationship can go south very fast.

I dont really think you and luos are "friendly",tell us about murder of Robert Ouko and others. Are Luos okay with this? i doubt.
Again also explain to your cousins the Somalis about wagalla massacre,have they forgotten? Are undertaken under Baba Mois leadership.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2021, 07:54:53 PM »
Njuri Njeke, according to my grandfather, when kikuyus arrived in rift valley, in early 1920s,  to dig mzungu farm, it was a spectacle. Mzungu had allowed Kikuyu workers  to build huts in edge of mzungu farm - and they work tirelessly digging the farm. Kalenjin thought are they burrow rats? Kalenjin then were reluctantly crazing their cows on edge of Mzungu white highlands - in exchange of giving out their bulls - to be tied together - and to be used to dig. Mzungu then taught Kalenjin how to drive the oxens - COME (COM - that what we say no), GO, TURN -  meanwhile Kikuyus were digging like possesed people - the whole day - before retiring to their manyattas full of huts. Some Kalenjin were eventually allowed to live in edges of Mzungu farm but generally majority had to go back to native reserves to retire the night there.

Come 1935-1940 - Mzungu brought tractors - Kalenjin were the 1st to be fired. You oxen are no longer needed. Get out of the farm. They got out and lived in edges - native reserve borders - and some started going for irregular digging too alongside Kikuyus.

Eventually Mzungu brought even bigger machinery - now Kikuyus were kicked out enmasse too - manual digging declared redudant too - in circa 1950s - and they reached central to find there was no where to go - and decided okay enough - we have to fight for our land. With Mau Mau - few kikuyus left in RV - were shipped out as Mzungu considered them a security threat.

Come 1960s with Kenyatta winning presidency - an avalanche of kikuyus descended back - to rift valley - this time as land owners. Other tribes soon followed - Gusii, Luhyas, Luos - and it only stopped in 1970s - and completely in 1980s.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2021, 08:12:28 PM »
It's simply like Maasai-Kikuyu or Samburu-Meru - You can fight, people can die, but people dont hate each other - because it always been like that - people fight - they intermarry - they trade - they following day Luo is in Kalenjin land - and Kalenjin in Luo land.

Now when it come to GEMA-Kalenjin - it's a little more complicated - because you guys are basically strangers in rift valley. You jumped over Maasai straight to Kalenjin...and suddenly people are meeting "strange" people?

Who are these people digging the land like it their life depend on it :) Who the hell is digging at noon when sun is so hot? Then we hear they are Njuri Njeke :) And these people really likes beans :)

We did not know you before arrival of Mzungu. You're strangers in our midst. The same for you guys - you saw the 1st Kalenjin probably with arrival of British.

This is why peace deal is very important btw Kalenjin- gema - because without that - relationship can go south very fast.

Tigray border Amhara and Afar but they are killing and commit all kinds of atrocities. So bordering each other means nothing same case Hutus and Tutsis.
Trust me Luos are better off secure with GEMA than Kalenjin because normally GEMA are not vengeful

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2021, 08:16:37 PM »
Some societies have deeper unresolved issues that lead to genocide....but Kenya thankfully it not deep.
My friend if you ask any random Luo where he would rather go - it's Kalenjin - actually if Odinga was not there - most Luos will vote Ruto.
Luos call Kalenjin JaLango - basically our slighly less darker brother.
They call Luhya something akin to a stranger.
There is no way Kalenjin-Luo hatred can go beyond two hours. HAKUNA.
For both Luos and Kalenjin to trust GEMA...that takes a big leap of faith.
Even when Moi was pressing Luos hard - Moi was still 'Wuod Odongo" - the son of Odongo.

NJuri hapa mko shida kubwa sana - because if GEMA ever bring their head again :) - Kalenjin and Luo will merge so fast and beat you blue :) :)

Tigray border Amhara and Afar but they are killing and commit all kinds of atrocities. So bordering each other means nothing same case Hutus and Tutsis.
Trust me Luos are better off secure with GEMA than Kalenjin because normally GEMA are not vengeful

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2021, 08:44:16 PM »
Some societies have deeper unresolved issues that lead to genocide....but Kenya thankfully it not deep.
My friend if you ask any random Luo where he would rather go - it's Kalenjin - actually if Odinga was not there - most Luos will vote Ruto.
Even when Moi was pressing Luos hard - Moi was still 'Wuod Odongo" - the son of Odongo.

NJuri hapa mko shida kubwa sana - because if GEMA ever bring their head again :) - Kalenjin and Luo will merge so fast and beat you blue :) :)

How do you explain Luos stoning Ruto in Kisumu the other day?

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2021, 08:47:23 PM »

Forget Luo Kalenjin Unity is a mIrage just like Luhyas uniting which might come earlier :)