Author Topic: KRA coming for everyone with Huduma Namba  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
KRA coming for everyone with Huduma Namba
« on: December 21, 2021, 05:52:49 PM »
It seems this Handcheck govt has evil ideas. So now the hustlers will have to part with what they do not even have in the first place.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/business/kenya/2021-12-21-kra-to-list-all-huduma-namba-holders-as-taxpayers/

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: KRA coming for everyone with Huduma Namba
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 06:22:28 PM »
How does this differ from pin in the way a tax payer will declare income to kra?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 06:26:56 PM »
This huduma number is totally mismanaged. The idea is great but implementation a mess.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 06:31:53 PM »
This huduma number is totally mismanaged. The idea is great but implementation a mess.

To me huduma was a data haversisting exercise in disguise. It is done for that purpose and all the other stuff is just an after thought

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 06:38:13 PM »
That is the way things are done in Kenya. All along someone is just plotting to line his pockets.

To me huduma was a data haversisting exercise in disguise. It is done for that purpose and all the other stuff is just an after thought

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 06:42:46 PM »
Somebody just wanted to loot - our ID is unique - instead of huduma number - we should have added a chip - and made it second or third generation ID card - with biometircs.

This must be Matiangi grand scheme to loot...

Otherwise the data integration should be done at server end - not at front end - because the data you ask me today - tomorrow it wont be accurate.

So basically gov should behind the scenes in server - link PIN to ID, ID to NSSF, NSSF to PIN, etc etc.

That way when you give out your ID - anyone with right credentials - can access all your data - banks for example can get your pin, nhif, nssf - biometrics - and etc.

So dump this huduma number - start to replace old IDS with chip based IDS - complete with biometrics.

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 07:15:20 PM »
Somebody just wanted to loot - our ID is unique - instead of huduma number - we should have added a chip - and made it second or third generation ID card - with biometircs.

This must be Matiangi grand scheme to loot...

Otherwise the data integration should be done at server end - not at front end - because the data you ask me today - tomorrow it wont be accurate.

So basically gov should behind the scenes in server - link PIN to ID, ID to NSSF, NSSF to PIN, etc etc.

That way when you give out your ID - anyone with right credentials - can access all your data - banks for example can get your pin, nhif, nssf - biometrics - and etc.

So dump this huduma number - start to replace old IDS with chip based IDS - complete with biometrics.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 07:34:27 PM »
Yes almost every sucessive gov has tried to do second generation national ID - it's just eating opportunities.

Linkage should be done behind the scenes.

ID should simply have you name, ID number, and biometrics.

The rest should be querying a central server.....for KRA - given ID number - they should retrieve PIN and all the tax details.

Kamket wife - who is Data Manager - should decide who get access and what level of details.

I dont see why we have Huduma and ID.....ID number already is gold standard...just add a chip to store all Huduma number stuff...and dump that Huduma Number.

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 08:59:21 PM »
Yes almost every sucessive gov has tried to do second generation national ID - it's just eating opportunities.

Linkage should be done behind the scenes.

ID should simply have you name, ID number, and biometrics.

The rest should be querying a central server.....for KRA - given ID number - they should retrieve PIN and all the tax details.

Kamket wife - who is Data Manager - should decide who get access and what level of details.

I dont see why we have Huduma and ID.....ID number already is gold standard...just add a chip to store all Huduma number stuff...and dump that Huduma Number.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2021, 10:01:43 PM »
But huduma has trust issues.. legal issues