Author Topic: Veritas, Windy City: Would you take this test?  (Read 9838 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Veritas, Windy City: Would you take this test?
« on: October 22, 2014, 10:18:05 AM »
Assuming you were working in the hospital and they say you need it? Would you volunteer?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/22/ebola-serum-in-weeks-and-west-africa-vaccine-tests-by-january-says-who?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

The second frontrunner, developed by the Public Health Agency of Canada and known as VSV-EBOV, has been sent to the US Walter Reed Army Institute of Research in Maryland for testing on healthy volunteers. It would also be tested shortly among volunteers in Switzerland, Germany, Gabon and Kenya, Kieny said.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Veritas, Windy City: Would you take this test?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 02:25:40 PM »
Absolutely not.  I don't even take the flu shot.  If you give big pharma an inch, they will take a yard.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 04:05:24 PM »
Hell no. I'll grab that needle and jab it in their jugular if they corner me.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 04:06:09 PM »
Soon you will most probably be required to take Ebola jabs and asked to present a certificate when traveling to and from Africa just like they do with Yellow Fever. As for doctors and nurses you will probably be required to sign that you will take Ebola jabs every one or two years to keep your job.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 04:17:28 PM »
If that becomes mandatory, tourism will dwindle. Yellow cards aren't needed anymore. So easy to forge as well.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 04:44:54 PM »
Soon you will most probably be required to take Ebola jabs and asked to present a certificate when traveling to and from Africa just like they do with Yellow Fever. As for doctors and nurses you will probably be required to sign that you will take Ebola jabs every one or two years to keep your job.
I can see something along those lines.  But more likely not so much a mandate as a very strong suggestion from the authorities that one takes these jabs. 

Anthony Fauci has not missed an opportunity to promote Ebola as the disease du jour that every hospital should be equipped to handle.  http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/we-need-more-hospitals-equipped-treat-ebola-nihs-fauci-tells-n229111.  He also recently called for countrywide vaccinations in stricken African countries with a yet to be determined vaccination.

I am yet to see how people are being diagnosed for Ebola in remote parts of Liberia, Sierra Leone etc.  Are they just shoving people who show up with fevers into Ebola wards?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline mya88

• Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 04:55:24 PM »
I dont see this becoming mandatory anytime soon unless the virus becomes unmanageble to the extent that people are dropping on the streets like flies. Its in the trial period and like any other form of hemmorrhagic fever, they are desperate for a cure. If you look at the nature of most deadly viruses, you see that there is a pattern and the evolve very quickly becomeing almost resistant to standard treatments, and becoming unmanagebale. Take for example the case of TB..... To completely treat it one has to take a combination of at least 3 different drugs for a minimum of 6-9 months because that has been proven to be the only way to bypass resistance. It is also under stickt control of public health officials to ensure compliance. For this reason if you even as much as work near any health facility, they screen you for TB, even if you just deliver items, they need reassuarance. It will take years to complete all studies on the vaccines available before they could even think of making it mandatory anywhere.
"We must be the change we wish to see" - Mahatma Ghandi