Author Topic: Kra:M-pesa your taxes  (Read 2505 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Kra:M-pesa your taxes
« on: October 21, 2014, 04:29:26 PM »
M-pesa revolution continues to deepen.

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/Kenyans-to-pay-taxes-using-phones/-/2558/2491460/-/7lh18yz/-/index.html

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Re: Kra:M-pesa your taxes
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 05:52:49 PM »
Hacker alert!!!
Are these systems safe?
But again you never know till you get hit. Russians are watching. In a sec they can steal billions.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:12:06 PM »
They should have already widened the paying possibilities. Years ago I had to walk from bank to bank trying to pay duty on car. The last bank that could do it on the same day with a hefty charge demanded I bring in cash. So I had to walk to barclays Queensway, make an overseas withdrawal and ferry the money to the bank. Armed with some paper, I now went to their offices and suffered only to see somebody hand them a so called bankers cheque. Things have changed but they are still acting "government" - i.e. at the bottom they think they are doing you a great favor accepting your taxes!
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 06:38:11 PM »
KRA bank is the once bankrupt NBK. That is how Gov works..they try to give business to gov banks. But yes there should accept payments in many ways as possible. It will improve compliance.
They should have already widened the paying possibilities. Years ago I had to walk from bank to bank trying to pay duty on car. The last bank that could do it on the same day with a hefty charge demanded I bring in cash. So I had to walk to barclays Queensway, make an overseas withdrawal and ferry the money to the bank. Armed with some paper, I now went to their offices and suffered only to see somebody hand them a so called bankers cheque. Things have changed but they are still acting "government" - i.e. at the bottom they think they are doing you a great favor accepting your taxes!

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 08:13:45 PM »
KRA bank is the once bankrupt NBK. That is how Gov works..they try to give business to gov banks. But yes there should accept payments in many ways as possible. It will improve compliance.

Who on earth is running the Monopolies Authority? He should issue an edict to KRA to either go to tender or allow all financial institutions to render the service. Whoever is running that authority has no idea how crucial his job is to the economy
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »

Who on earth is running the Monopolies Authority? He should issue an edict to KRA to either go to tender or allow all financial institutions to render the service. Whoever is running that authority has no idea how crucial his job is to the economy

I concur.