Author Topic: This kale industrialist of peptang worth emulating  (Read 4065 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
This kale industrialist of peptang worth emulating
« on: October 15, 2021, 07:19:48 PM »
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/corporate/companies/peptang-maker-entices-kenyans-with-bottled-dawa-3584576

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: This kale industrialist of peptang worth emulating
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 07:35:15 AM »
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/corporate/companies/peptang-maker-entices-kenyans-with-bottled-dawa-3584576
I thought peptang(Premier Foods) is Indian owned? The company is well over 50yrs old but I get the point, he seems to be a decent CEO. African real industrialist are very few.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 07:38:49 AM »
I thought ni yake the way he been pushing it.Kenyans we need to stop obsessing with apartments and build manufacturing companies

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 07:47:05 AM »
Its a miracle if he really owns it,and if so explain s why peptang is on a low,it used to be a major company.Kalenjins have 0 business acumen, and that's why you cant see any worthy business owned by them. But i agree we need more type of investing into production building apartment and real estate is the worst form of so called job creation. If our billionaires could di-invest in real estate and build reputable companies kenya GDP would be over 250B$ as real wealth would be created for many not just the owner and his caretakers for the property.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 07:56:16 AM »
What happen to the only Meru company - Mastermind tobbaco? Kalenjin have some good businessmen - most of them from Moi era gov largese - a few self-made like Chepkwony of Jamii  - obviously Merus are not even there - outside hawking Miraa. i think apart from Murungi of Mastermind and Njeru Industries of tea - you're totally absent. I can count more than 20 private tea factories owned by Kalenjin. Milk processors - who seem to have all sold to Kenyatta. Maize millers. I can count few supermarket chains. Few hotel chains.

I wish more kenyans can invest in manufacturing - and stop building apartments. They can start with agro-processing - before getting into complicated stuff.

Its a miracle if he really owns it,and if so explain s why peptang is on a low,it used to be a major company.Kalenjins have 0 business acumen, and that's why you cant see any worthy business owned by them. But i agree we need more type of investing into production building apartment and real estate is the worst form of so called job creation. If our billionaires could di-invest in real estate and build reputable companies kenya GDP would be over 250B$ as real wealth would be created for many not just the owner and his caretakers for the property.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 08:10:47 AM »
Njuri - let help you with some kalenjin business you didnt know exist. Apart from Mois, Biwotts, Kuleis, Ruto, Kosgeys and many other political families - there many self-made business

Jack Jackchebett  - owner of Stabex.

Stabex International Limited is an independent oil and gas marketing Company incorporated in 2009. The Company operates in East and Central Africa with its retail distribution network spreading in Kenya and Uganda. The Company has over the years grown its sales volume to more than 300 million liters annually as at the end of 2019. The Company has heavily invested in storage facilities as well as retail stations. The Company has over seventy (70) Retail Service Stations along major roads and eight (8) depots strategically located within Kenya and Uganda. In addition to this, we supply more than 550 bulk re-sellers who own fuel stations.

The credit portfolio stands at over 1000 customers and the Company has invested in fast-rate accounting system. Our customers enjoy tailor made credit facilities giving them great convenience to leverage on their core business/mandate.

The Company has subcontracted a large fleet of over two hundred (200) articulated vehicles (tankers) for transit distribution of our products across the East Africa. We also have over eighteen (18) trucks dedicated to service local customers thus enabling us to efficiently respond to all customer needs by delivering our principle petroleum products of Petrol (PMS), Diesel (AGO), Kerosene (IK) and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) within our retail networks. Other services include supply of branded lubricants, car cleaning and maintenance, and convenience stores.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2021, 08:14:23 AM »
Joshua Chepkwony - this guy started by designing Simu ya Jamii - while working as engineer at Telkoms - and has created lots of wealth.

- He owns JTL - Faiba 4G - amongst other tech companies
- He owns 1B kshs Jamii maize flour in Eldoret
- He owns Kass media and related media companies.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 08:17:38 AM »
Bundotich Zedekiah Kiprop alias Buzeki - Started hawking milk in Mombasa - before acquiring Kilifi dairies - got into big trucking - then molo milk - sold to Kenyatta - for 1B - and now runs trucking business - amongst other business.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 08:19:06 AM »
David Langat - DHL - started as clearing and forwarding in Mombasa - now billionaire owning tea estates/factories in Kenya and tanzania - owning real estates in mombasa/eldoret -nyali mall- amongst many other properties. Trying to set up industrial city with chinese in Eldoret in his 2,000 acre farm.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 08:25:23 AM »
Others include Mutai family - owning 200 plus trailer trucks - run south rift wholesale and retail business
Kipchimatt supermarket - now with 10 stores.
There are many others that own 1 or 2 tea factories or milling plant.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 09:07:12 AM »
I thought ni yake the way he been pushing it.Kenyans we need to stop obsessing with apartments and build manufacturing companies
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 09:17:45 AM »
I think it mentality - copy-paste - otherwise if people knew why Kenya Indians are rich - and they do not invest in real estate - they would know manufacturing is way to go.

Someone can start small - animal feed processings - sugar jaggeries - maize milling plant - these kind of active business - not only employs you - could also employ your family - and you earn actively from it.

Real estate is only good as passive investment if you're employed elsewhere.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 09:21:45 AM »
Indians have one overlooked advantage; networks in India.

A good number of their misadventures entail steel and they just know how to get it from India. They run a well oiled supply chain down to transport. For instance, do you know the rolled steel sheets you see on Mombasa Road can only be moved by Indian owned trailers? No negro will ever get the lucrative transport contract.

This is no excuse for negro aversion to industries though

I think it mentality - copy-paste - otherwise if people knew why Kenya Indians are rich - and they do not invest in real estate - they would know manufacturing is way to go.

Someone can start small - animal feed processings - sugar jaggeries - maize milling plant - these kind of active business - not only employs you - could also employ your family - and you earn actively from it.

Real estate is only good as passive investment if you're employed elsewhere.

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2021, 09:27:09 AM »
Previously - in old days - but in the information era - you can get any machine and equipment shipped from India or China. There is no longer excuse. I see negros are starting to go into mabati.

India trailers - it just due to trust issues - if the cargo is very expensive - they will trust their own.

There is really no reason why Nyeuthis cannot start investing in manufacturing anymore. Gov should fixing housing deficit - by building huge estates - that drive real estate prices down - rent down - and this will force Mwafrika to invest in proper business.

Indians have one overlooked advantage; networks in India.

A good number of their misadventures entail steel and they just know how to get it from India. They run a well oiled supply chain down to transport. For instance, do you know the rolled steel sheets you see on Mombasa Road can only be moved by Indian owned trailers? No negro will ever get the lucrative transport contract.

This is no excuse for negro aversion to industries though

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2021, 10:06:50 AM »
Abdi Pundit you Kalenjins are a disappointment from a population of almost 6 million you mention just 3 guys and none is renowned nationally? Please pundit kalenjin need work harder and smarter.
Warning ?? don't ever dare mention Mois era semi illiterate s thieves who stole in the list.

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2021, 10:35:13 AM »
He's a media hound, I am always wary of such CEOs. Bottomline kenya needs investment in every sector but most importantly in companies that're improving productivity and lowering cost of goods. In the restaurant sector we need serious cheap fast food companies. The likes of java, artcaffe , pizza in etc aren't it. The locals like Kosewe can't be scaled either plus are relatively expensive. There's opportunity galore in virtually every sector. 

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2021, 10:37:15 AM »
Name any meru - apart from late Murungi who owned mastermind (a tharaka probably) and Njiru of Njiru industries - who a tea factory - you're totally kaput. Number of kales owning tea factories are more than 20s.

Look at this Killis - owning big maize mill - started recently

Abdi Pundit you Kalenjins are a disappointment from a population of almost 6 million you mention just 3 guys and none is renowned nationally? Please pundit kalenjin need work harder and smarter.
Warning ?? don't ever dare mention Mois era semi illiterate s thieves who stole in the list.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 10:41:56 AM »
Yes a red flag. The problem is that even Kosewe or Double M - they soon take money from business - and sink it to real estates - or I bet even Tuskys - the moment a kenyan get money - from business or etc - all he thinks is building apartment or hotels - buying land and build himself a little mansions. This mentality that sinks capital into dead capital...and prevent us from replicating the indians success in kenya.

He's a media hound, I am always wary of such CEOs. Bottomline kenya needs investment in every sector but most importantly in companies that're improving productivity and lowering cost of goods. In the restaurant sector we need serious cheap fast food companies. The likes of java, artcaffe , pizza in etc aren't it. The locals like Kosewe can't be scaled either plus are relatively expensive. There's opportunity galore in virtually every sector. 

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 02:27:34 PM »
Name any meru - apart from late Murungi who owned mastermind (a tharaka probably) and Njiru of Njiru industries - who a tea factory - you're totally kaput. Number of kales owning tea factories are more than 20s.

Look at this Killis - owning big maize mill - started recently

Pundit if you don't take Tharakas as Merus then obviously there is nothing like Kalenjin and you know very well :D. As you are well aware,we will talk tugens ,marakwets nandi etc. Murungi was from Chogoria area I think.
I think only Kalenjin to make money fairly is Mutai,his wealth can be traced from hardwork and his family maintains relatively good business practices. Most others are fraudster s from Moi era and support from Mzito during his days as agriculture minister.
Again I must repeat Kalenjins MUST work harder thats the only way out not government support. If you guys want to be dominant like kikuyus its not all about having babies left right and center like in bomet,one woman having 9 children otherwise you will end up like luhyas mbig population no financial muscle. Be warned tell your kin in bomet and elsewhere.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2021, 04:01:20 PM »
Bomet..there are still 7 private tea factories..bomet farmers ktda has build more than anyway...I think bomet now lead in tea production....we have women group maize milling company..milk is where bomet is underperforming.Maize viral disease for 10yrs drove half of Bomet to deep poverty.But many have transition to sweet potatoes and bananas.There is even sweat potato factory.Bomet has some coolers but no dairy..it produces about 40k litres less than githunguri that does 100k.Urgent need to improve breeds from semi pure to pure breeds.Generally we need industries that can generate wealth and jobs without hawking all over like somalis or maasai or kikuyu..or selling miraa like Meru in every bus stop.We need to formalize and live like decent people that kalenjin have historical been..not hawkers and hustlers...but farmers and business owners through cooperative model..mainly agroprocessing.For a real kalenjin man was not supposed to struggle in life doing menial job..his job after mtc was to supervise things..never to take jembe..worst was to slash the compound edges... anything is seen as disdainful.Even poorest of kalenjin would hire farm hand than dig like a rat...things have now changed