Author Topic: Negro Christianity  (Read 11835 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Negro Christianity
« on: October 23, 2014, 01:53:36 PM »
This brand of Negro Christianity practiced in Nigeria is funny, way too funny  :lol:

2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Negro Christianity
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 02:48:45 PM »
Naijaman has an interesting mentality. 

When says the grace before a meal.  You can be forgiven for thinking that God is sitting one chair away across the street.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 03:00:44 PM »
O my word!!! :roll: I cant pick a favourite: "God give me a spouse or I die!!!!" (or is it YOU die?) or "God where is why money??" or "kill them before they kill you!!!" with a sword an everything.  :D They are certainly dramatic folk, these negro Christians.

Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 03:11:03 PM »
Termie that's just funny
 :roll: :roll:

THis negro is my favorite Naija man...extremely sober and Myles Munroe grade intelligent
http://www.powertalks.biz/

Naijaman has an interesting mentality. 

When says the grace before a meal.  You can be forgiven for thinking that God is sitting one chair away across the street.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 03:23:28 PM »
kadame short,
The idea is there are some powers at play in keeping you single. You are confronting them and it's either they let you marry or you kill them.

The other quote is a desperate cry to God just like Rebekah cried to Isaac 'Give me a child or i die!". But you are now addressing God and it is a spouse not a kid

The rest I suppose are spiritual warfare meetings

I learnt that Naija Pentecostal movement has been around since 40s. Contrast that to ours which is a 70s thing and you can appreciate that evilution is real
O my word!!! :roll: I cant pick a favourite: "God give me a spouse or I die!!!!" (or is it YOU die?) or "God where is why money??" or "kill them before they kill you!!!" with a sword an everything.  :D They are certainly dramatic folk, these negro Christians.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 03:44:28 PM »
Yeah, I get. It's still quite the eye-catcher, and with the dramatic effect. :D "God give me a spouse or I die!!!" "Let me marry or you die!!!". LOL!!!
kadame short,
The idea is there are some powers at play in keeping you single. You are confronting them and it's either they let you marry or you kill them.

The other quote is a desperate cry to God just like Rebekah cried to Isaac 'Give me a child or i die!". But you are now addressing God and it is a spouse not a kid

The rest I suppose are spiritual warfare meetings

I learnt that Naija Pentecostal movement has been around since 40s. Contrast that to ours which is a 70s thing and you can appreciate that evilution is real

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 07:55:02 AM »
I was thinking we do have a special flare for drama, we dark-skinned, "hard"-haired hominids. :D Ever seen AA preachers? And the Caribbean voodoo dancers, their version of being caught in the Spirit. :D Of course, it's not the Christian Holy Spirit we are talking about. But these Naija posters are just so funny! have been on my mind since yesterday. We baafrikas are dramatic folk. For bazungu, the quieter, less scene-causing, less embarrassing, the better. No drama. I think I have too much bazungu up inside of me, I need to let my authentic Gusii out in the sun. :zen:

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 02:55:34 PM »
That's, full on. .