Author Topic: What happened to opinion polls?,  (Read 416 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
What happened to opinion polls?,
« on: October 01, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »
Did the law gag them? We need them at this juncture. I do think though ruto presidency lives or dies with Mt Kenya vote. I am yet to be convinced his has majority of the votes. Uhuru has done some much for central in terms of infrastructure for him to not have any influence. Plus the way ruto is going after him will make voters think twice about his intentions. Other than the young voters below age of 30 I do not see a lot enthusiasm on social media or even on the ground.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: What happened to opinion polls?,
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 03:30:02 PM »
Radio Africa has been doing some. Ambitho of InfoTrack and Maggies have all gone silent. I think everyone is afraid to tell the Emperor he is naked.And then they are so many useless candidates. Real opinion poll will be those done when field has reduced to serious candidates.

Ruto would be struggling in Mt kenya if Uhuru was backing someone else - but if it's Raila - Ruto sleepwalk to PORK.

Raila is Ruto dream candidate...reason it's easy to dismantle him in Mt kenya

If Raila and Uhuru really really want to beat Ruto - let them back either maDVD or Kalonzo - then it will become very interesting.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: What happened to opinion polls?,
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 03:57:22 PM »
In 2013  We warned opinion polls that they risked ruining their reputation and business . Their Prediction on matters politics  since 2004 had been wanting and once they wrongly predicted  2013  elections they ran out of business .
Co-operates stopped giving them contracts - So since 2017  after another wrong prediction they went chini ya maji .
Secondly most of them were being sponsored by ODM to showcase popularity . Since 2017 Railas popularity has been dented so coming to show he is still popular they will further erode their brand .

Did the law gag them? We need them at this juncture. I do think though ruto presidency lives or dies with Mt Kenya vote. I am yet to be convinced his has majority of the votes. Uhuru has done some much for central in terms of infrastructure for him to not have any influence. Plus the way ruto is going after him will make voters think twice about his intentions. Other than the young voters below age of 30 I do not see a lot enthusiasm on social media or even on the ground.