Author Topic: Three 'friendly crocodiles' lurk in Michuki Park along Nairobi River  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
I find this very interesting. At least the park is now clean if it's attracting animals. Just hope no one gets bitten or worse.

Three 'friendly crocodiles' lurk in Michuki Park along Nairobi River
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2021-09-21-three-friendly-crocodiles-lurk-in-michuki-park-along-nairobi-river/
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Three 'friendly crocodiles' lurk in Michuki Park along Nairobi River
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 08:34:53 PM »
The big one is reclaiming Nairobi dam - and that will mean dealing with Kibra and sewage issues. Pay kibra resident living near the river some money to relocate - say 100 meters from the dam - and erect 10 meter wide wall - that cannot be brought down - and reclaim that huge dam for Nairobi recretaional activities.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 08:35:37 PM »

Best form of security , Our Former Mp Awiti Bollo used to keep crocodiles in his yard instead of Dogs. No form of insecurity has ever been heard in his home.

I find this very interesting. At least the park is now clean if it's attracting animals. Just hope no one gets bitten or worse.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2021-09-21-three-friendly-crocodiles-lurk-in-michuki-park-along-nairobi-river/

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 08:37:35 PM »
What if they feed on Awiti kids?

Best form of security , Our Former Mp Awiti Bollo used to keep crocodiles in his yard instead of Dogs. No form of insecurity has ever been heard in his home.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 08:41:20 PM »
Don't get me started with Nairobi Dam.

The big one is reclaiming Nairobi dam - and that will mean dealing with Kibra and sewage issues. Pay kibra resident living near the river some money to relocate - say 100 meters from the dam - and erect 10 meter wide wall - that cannot be brought down - and reclaim that huge dam for Nairobi recretaional activities.
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 08:55:51 PM »

He used to feed them on Kurabu or inswa sanifu Kunguru or in english Crows. They had become a nuisance in Mombasa.

What if they feed on Awiti kids?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 09:02:34 PM »
Such a shame nobody has the guts to fix it. They can start fixing it from Langata end. I believe if some private investor is given the park for 10yrs concession; they will reclaim it.

ODM has messed up Kibra. Raila has been a curse on kibra.

UDA has to win both Kibra and Langata so we can reclaim that dam.

Don't get me started with Nairobi Dam.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 09:42:35 PM »
Reclaim the dam for what. Are you some type of sadist. What will nairobi dam help nairobi with now? This is ushenzi. Until there is an income fix and housing fix putting money to rehabitate nairobi river is wasting resources

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 10:37:47 PM »
Nairobi rivers flow to ukambani and beyond. I believe they should be fixed. But yes housing should be fixed too. But that is difficult problem...coz it's linked to povery or income like you say.

To fix Nairobi rivers and Ukambani - all it will take is - 50 meters river corridor - rehabilitation - and that is very doable.

Reclaim the dam for what. Are you some type of sadist. What will nairobi dam help nairobi with now? This is ushenzi. Until there is an income fix and housing fix putting money to rehabitate nairobi river is wasting resources

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 12:03:06 AM »
You cannot fix nairobi river with 50 or 100 meters...the sewage that gets dumped in there and trash won't just disappear. You to fix the income and housing problem to fix bairobi environment. I was laughing my ass off. Sonko a d bus spent a lot of money cleaning the river and chokoras were busy dumping mikokotoeni of trash in it. It is a waste of time and money. It should just be dredged regulary to prevent flooding and just hope our income problem is solve down the road

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 12:15:57 AM »
But Rwanda are doing these things? And their per capita is 3 times poor than kenya. And it not only in Kigali.
You cannot fix nairobi river with 50 or 100 meters...the sewage that gets dumped in there and trash won't just disappear. You to fix the income and housing problem to fix bairobi environment. I was laughing my ass off. Sonko a d bus spent a lot of money cleaning the river and chokoras were busy dumping mikokotoeni of trash in it. It is a waste of time and money. It should just be dredged regulary to prevent flooding and just hope our income problem is solve down the road

Offline Stockguru

• Mega superstar
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2021, 03:34:52 AM »
Rwanda is Nakuru. Building from ashes of genocide by foreigners who did not grow up in the cesspit. I can fix nakuru in a month, with all the funding Kagame got in the first 15 years after genocide it gave him a start. Outside Kigali Rwanda is poor country, A dirt poor banana republic

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2021, 05:05:00 AM »
Rwanda is Nakuru. Building from ashes of genocide by foreigners who did not grow up in the cesspit. I can fix nakuru in a month, with all the funding Kagame got in the first 15 years after genocide it gave him a start. Outside Kigali Rwanda is poor country, A dirt poor banana republic

You can't, unabweka tu. How many millions has Nairobi access to? Wamefanya nini? Kenya is ungovernable due to myriad reasons. What is different about Rwanda is specific to their culture allied to a rigid military regime is what has produced the cleanliness they are so renowned for.

You haven't been to Rwanda as soon as you cross the border from Uganda, the landscape is distinctly cleaner and more organized.

Rwanda outside Kigali is booming. Stop being a salty Kenyan.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2021, 06:28:43 AM »
Rwanda is clean nationally; I have travelled to rural Rwanda.It's amazingly beautiful - and most houses are roofed with clay tiles; now a few starting to use iron sheet.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2021, 09:55:42 AM »
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2021, 10:10:38 AM »
What a question?
So the people of Kibera do not need any recreational facilities? Reclaiming Nairobi Dam cannot be labelled ushenzi.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2021, 04:38:37 PM »
Recreation where? In a cesspool? Upperclass kenyans are a deluded lot. You live in an utopian of ideas.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2021, 04:48:37 PM »

The hype is too much about Rwanda this and Rwanda that. They still have over 400k criminals in eastern drc waiting kagame out. He can't kill all of them. As long as most hutu elites were able to escape they will eventually mount a bloody come back. What are stats like poverty rate etc? All we are shown is shiny streets and nothing about human development stats. Kqgame and his tusti..elites are colonizing Rwanda. Rwanda needs to get an organic grassroots political movement. Otherwise one death will just reset the clock to another cycle of mayhem.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2021, 06:47:08 PM »
Rwanda is a sorry country. Bomb waiting to explode. Kagame can't walk without looking behind him. Look at how he treat Hotel Rwanda fella. Kigali can look nice but when people scared to death things go bad.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2021, 06:53:58 PM »
We said the same about China? Democracy or lack of democracy has nothing to do with economics.
Rwanda is a sorry country. Bomb waiting to explode. Kagame can't walk without looking behind him. Look at how he treat Hotel Rwanda fella. Kigali can look nice but when people scared to death things go bad.