Author Topic: There is hope for West pokot - Two lopokoiyit sons now CEOS  (Read 522 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
There is hope for West pokot - Two lopokoiyit sons now CEOS
« on: September 17, 2021, 02:50:48 PM »
One heads the MPESA AFRICA at Safaricom - Sitoyo Lopokoiyit- CEO M-PESA Africa & Chief Officer Financial Services at Safaricom PLC

Now Insurance company ICEA ion has announced the appointment of Philip Lopokoiyit as the new Chief Executive Officer and Principal Officer of the company following regulatory approval.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/business/2021-09-17-philip-lopokoiyit-appointed-icea-lion-ceo-principal-officer/

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: There is hope for West pokot - Two lopokoiyit sons now CEOS
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 02:51:44 PM »
I remember one of the sons - he was were very tall, ex-alliance and played basketball at UON. Their father was head of Prisons before joining politics to replace Lotodo - the warlord of pokot then.

Then there was this guy who use to claim to be the 1st Pokot to do Pharmacy - another tall brown Pokot.

Prof Lonyapuo did a lot to turn around Pokot fortunes...through university sponsorship and such...while he was VC at Egerton and Eldoret.

This is more sustainable approach - to beat the pokot savagery.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 03:16:39 PM »
So dynasties and not hustlers like Pundit and me. :D :D

I remember one of the sons - he was were very tall, ex-alliance and played basketball at UON. Their father was head of Prisons before joining politics to replace Lotodo - the warlord of pokot then.

Then there was this guy who use to claim to be the 1st Pokot to do Pharmacy - another tall brown Pokot.

Prof Lonyapuo did a lot to turn around Pokot fortunes...through university sponsorship and such...while he was VC at Egerton and Eldoret.

This is more sustainable approach - to beat the pokot savagery.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 04:16:05 PM »
Pokot could do with some dynasties to inspire the rest walking half naked with dangerous weapon and ignorance. This is why mt kenya should not interfere with affirmative funding to such region to correct historical marginalization - if they do - their people in places like laikipia wont know peace.
So dynasties and not hustlers like Pundit and me. :D :D