Author Topic: Meru Town in Kenya  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
Meru Town in Kenya
« on: September 16, 2021, 02:12:07 AM »
Ah, that red soil is so inviting. Another beautiful place in Kenya.

Meru Town in Kenya
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Meru Town in Kenya
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 02:28:38 AM »
Looks very unkempt like Narok. Njuri shanty town.

I thought it was nice town - Nyeri definitely looks better.

Kericho looks so many times better

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 04:21:26 AM »
To me, it has more of an agrarian rather than urban feel which I do not mind at all. I would have liked to see a miraa farm.

This guy is really utilizing his drone well to educate Kenyans about their own country.
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 06:35:26 AM »
Like mentioned before Meru is sparse not dense you can see the drone did not capture the entire city,kinoru where the stadium is located is not featured,Kemu university location among other suburbs. I wonder if this drone has limited range or the author just didn't care covering the whole extent. He featured just a section of this great city.
Yes with a so big and sparse city infrastructure is a problem as more money is needed to build it. Generally Meru city might be bigger than eldoret by land area but doesn't have the government infrastructure support. The usual argument will be do we consider land area or density to define a city size?
I haven't seen the western and eastern bypasses in this video nor the several bypasses and flyover those alone would have told you how big meru town is.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 07:44:41 AM »
Eldoret is huge - it about 40kms to drive from built up area..20kms radius. Meru doesnt look inspiring to me.
Like mentioned before Meru is sparse not dense you can see the drone did not capture the entire city,kinoru where the stadium is located is not featured,Kemu university location among other suburbs. I wonder if this drone has limited range or the author just didn't care covering the whole extent. He featured just a section of this great city.
Yes with a so big and sparse city infrastructure is a problem as more money is needed to build it. Generally Meru city might be bigger than eldoret by land area but doesn't have the government infrastructure support. The usual argument will be do we consider land area or density to define a city size?
I haven't seen the western and eastern bypasses in this video nor the several bypasses and flyover those alone would have told you how big meru town is.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 08:01:27 AM »
Eldoret is huge - it about 40kms to drive from built up area..20kms radius. Meru doesnt look inspiring to me.
Meru doesn't need to inspire you,its what it is others are greatly inspired by it.
Pundit you wouldn't find inspiration from surfing the net,get off the couch go on the ground and you will be inspired, avoid bartalk and get practical otherwise your arguments will sound more like arguments from analogy :)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 08:09:12 AM »
I am glad you did not say I hate merus :)
You have overhyped Meru I am disappointed. Timau is very nice though.
The truth is your meru has a long way to go to become a proper town.
Look at part of Eldoret

Meru doesn't need to inspire you,its what it is others are greatly inspired by it.
Pundit you wouldn't find inspiration from surfing the net,get off the couch go on the ground and you will be inspired, avoid bartalk and get practical otherwise your arguments will sound more like arguments from analogy :)

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 08:39:31 AM »
I am glad you did not say I hate merus :)
You have overhyped Meru I am disappointed. Timau is very nice though.
The truth is your meru has a long way to go to become a proper town.
Look at part of Eldoret

Of course Meru has along way because it was neglected for 24 years by baba Moi when at same time eldoret gots unlimited access to cash for infrastructure and kadhalika. Moi forced all government institutions and parastatals to invest in Eldoret built even a useless airport among others. Disagree???

You see if we use American terms,you would say Ameru are self made. Merus are really hardworkers never got any government handouts. Meru started getting reasonable attention due to kibaki all what you see is 10 years of kibaki. If Meru had just Kibaki for 24 years plus 10 years of Ruto as dp please without an iota of doubt Meru would be size of Mombasa if not bigger. Merus got nothing infrastructure wise during Nyayo era and now during gatheca era.
Pundit Kalenjins unfortunately are not self made apart from athletics,you guys need to work hard without government intervention then you can say Eldoret is self made .
And funnily enough even if you hated Merus(generally you dont like GEMA which is not a problem as I also dont like kabilas as well) I wouldn't break a sweat Jesus you are one funny guy :D am not Noway whom you get into as I told Noway this is online characters and getting personal is actually a waste of time.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 08:53:56 AM »
Poor dead Moi. Who will defend you now? It's been 20yrs since Moi left office.
Kalenjin are not self-made?  While we have been feeding kenyan for years now.
I think reason Eldoret grew to become a big city is actually kalenjin investment at home.
Generally my generation is probably among the first to invest in Nairobi.
I see lot of Merus have invested in Nairobi - it's make economic sense
But kalenjin are more patriotic or tribal than merus - when it come to investing back home.
It changing now - but generally a Nandi or a Keiyo - will prefer to invest in Eldy - even if it make more sense to do it in Nairobi
Kipsigis of course we have our counties.
Merus I bet invest more in Nairobi metro.

So rather than complaining about someone who was PORK 20yrs ago - start investing in your meru town.
Otherwise if you keep investing in Nairobi - then dont complain.

Of course Meru has along way because it was neglected for 24 years by baba Moi when at same time eldoret gots unlimited access to cash for infrastructure and kadhalika. Moi forced all government institutions and parastatals to invest in Eldoret built even a useless airport among others. Disagree???

You see if we use American terms,you would say Ameru are self made. Merus are really hardworkers never got any government handouts. Meru started getting reasonable attention due to kibaki all what you see is 10 years of kibaki. If Meru had just Kibaki for 24 years plus 10 years of Ruto as dp please without an iota of doubt Meru would be size of Mombasa if not bigger. Merus got nothing infrastructure wise during Nyayo era and now during gatheca era.
Pundit Kalenjins unfortunately are not self made apart from athletics,you guys need to work hard without government intervention then you can say Eldoret is self made .
And funnily enough even if you hated Merus(generally you dont like GEMA which is not a problem as I also dont like kabilas as well) I wouldn't break a sweat Jesus you are one funny guy :D am not Noway whom you get into as I told Noway this is online characters and getting personal is actually a waste of time.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 09:19:21 AM »
Poor dead Moi. Who will defend you now? It's been 20yrs since Moi left office.
Kalenjin are not self-made?  While we have been feeding kenyan for years now.
I think reason Eldoret grew to become a big city is actually kalenjin investment at home.
Generally my generation is probably among the first to invest in Nairobi.
I see lot of Merus have invested in Nairobi - it's make economic sense
But kalenjin are more patriotic or tribal than merus - when it come to investing back home.
It changing now - but generally a Nandi or a Keiyo - will prefer to invest in Eldy - even if it make more sense to do it in Nairobi
Kipsigis of course we have our counties.
Merus I bet invest more in Nairobi metro.

So rather than complaining about someone who was PORK 20yrs ago - start investing in your meru town.
Otherwise if you keep investing in Nairobi - then dont complain.

:D :D :D :D you are funny. Problem I have with Eldoret is I once stood outside KCB bank waiting for someone. During a 10 minutes period I heard over 5 different kabilas passby speaking. In short Eldoret has been made by different kabilas its .cosmopolitan I would say Bazungu, Bahindi,Kikuyu,Kisii then followed by kalenjin have invested in eldoret.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 10:35:56 AM »
Bazungu tena? The last Kaburu left a few years ago.
But they started the town definitely.
It now mostly kalenjin and a few kikuyu in Huruma - with few old indians.
There is hardly any luhya or Luo investment.
Comsopolitan growing city will attract kabilas.
Anyway
:D :D :D :D you are funny. Problem I have with Eldoret is I once stood outside KCB bank waiting for someone. During a 10 minutes period I heard over 5 different kabilas passby speaking. In short Eldoret has been made by different kabilas its .cosmopolitan I would say Bazungu, Bahindi,Kikuyu,Kisii then followed by kalenjin have invested in eldoret.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 10:40:29 AM »
Lakini Njuri meru town has lot of people - so gov need to invest on infrastructure and make it  a city. It just 10K shy of 250k - threshold to make a city.

There is need for 5yr plan to ensure Meru town is well planted - for kiraitu to clean up streets - paved inner roads - and plant trees.

9.   Meru   Municipality   240,900   Meru

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2021, 12:11:57 PM »
Lakini Njuri meru town has lot of people - so gov need to invest on infrastructure and make it  a city. It just 10K shy of 250k - threshold to make a city.

There is need for 5yr plan to ensure Meru town is well planted - for kiraitu to clean up streets - paved inner roads - and plant trees.

9.   Meru   Municipality   240,900   Meru
240,900 that includes greater Meru town including the suburban areas, strictly speaking the municipality has a smaller population not more than 80-100k.
Thats why we voting Ruto he is our only hope now All infrastructure in Meru is crumbling and residents have taken it up to themselves to build it.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2021, 01:03:25 PM »
Ruto will fix meru. Even Kericho - he asked for 500 acres from tea estates.
The 500,000 plan was going to fix lots of towns.

Shida ni Mlevi - has no energy for it - because it has very little kickbacks - he is interested in one mega project like SGR.

Now Ruto will inject better residential housing estates - and sell cheaply to merus.

No need for slums all over the city.

Ruto will unveil housing plan for all the towns in kenya - all counties need to do is provide land - national gov will provide roads and sewage - chinese investors will build - and they will be sold cheaply.

This will transform our cities and towns from rusted shanties...into modern cities.

A few landlords will suffer as their shanties informal rental will have no customers  - but majority of kenyans will be employed by Chinese to build houses - and majority of kenya will buy such a house. A primary teacher should be able to buy a nice 2-3 bedroom with his salary of 25-30k - every month he will pay 8K - for next 20yrs. 8K annually is 100K...so in 20yrs..that is 2M..if gov subsidize mortage from Kenya Mortagage Refinancing.

And Chinese just need land - zero rate inputs - and they will unleash single dweller, multiple dweller, shopping complex, schools - and large estates in Meru town....and after 5yrs - Njuri will move back to Meru :)

240,900 that includes greater Meru town including the suburban areas, strictly speaking the municipality has a smaller population not more than 80-100k.
Thats why we voting Ruto he is our only hope now All infrastructure in Meru is crumbling and residents have taken it up to themselves to build it.