Author Topic: UDA has 90 percent Kikuyu support - Kazi kubwa kwa Musa and MK  (Read 2014 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: UDA has 90 percent Kikuyu support - Kazi kubwa kwa Musa and MK
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2021, 05:35:51 PM »
Now you're talking.
But small correction.
Ruto attacked Raila btw 2008 - to - 2010 to decouple Kalenjin from ODM.
Kalenjin had swallowed Jakom bait, line, hook and sinker
And it was not easy for Ruto to pull out them out - with Raila having 4-5 kalenjin ministers and maybe 10 assistant ministers plus other patronage Jakom was dolling out.

And selling himself to GEMA at that point - was not even in Ruto mind.

Raila being a fool - messed up by 1) touching Mau 2) ICC - otherwise it was not going to be easy to decouple Kalenjin from Jakom - leave alone to sell Uhuru. Ruto had to demonstrate Jakom was inimical to Kalenjin interest...something Uhuru has failed on Ruto case.

Ruto went NO in 2010 constitution - to measure how far he had gone in de-coupling Kalenjin from ODM/Raila

When results showed he had done 95 percent of the job....he now moved on Mt Kenya.

I agree with you that its more than one events or factors which makes one a President. We saw with Obama in 2008 then Trump in 2016 and more recently with Biden.
But also there is always that one big factor. In this case there is a Raila factor.
Lets be honest for once with or without Jubilee Ruto was winning 2022 going back to 2018. You very well express this notion and going back to 2007. The Gema Vs Anti Gema. Its a fact Raila imherited Mois Anti Gema Coalition in 2005 and it made him and ODM a formidable force. This is just plain truth however with this came in with Unity of GEMA. Take an example of me I would never in my lifetime have thought of supporting Kibaki however I foumd myself supporting him by default. The 2007 campaigns were the ugliest. Now with Grandcoalition we saw how Raila was a thorn in the flesh. Ruto started attacking Raila after the fallout of Grain Bulk Handlers and We saw a brave person in Ruto. Ruto became a hero in Mt Kenya simply by standing up against Raila . He has been fighting Raila for more that 15 years now. Raila has been an enemy of Mt Kenya for about 20 years now. Do you get why Kalonzo who comes from a cousin tribe still cannot get tract in Mt Kenya ? Mudavadi who paints himself as the softee still has not gained tract in Mt Kenya.
As for Uhuru I expected anything from him.He has never been firm nor consistent. After 2003 Raila costimg him Presidency in 2003 he still joined hands with him. Uhuru 2007 going to Kibakis side, the 2013 Mudavadi debacle, the IEBC debacle giving in to the so called reforms which almost cost him a win 2017 amd Handshake in 2018 after Raila swearing himself in.
I wont be suprised if he backstabs Raila after letting him loot like there is no tomorrow.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: UDA has 90 percent Kikuyu support - Kazi kubwa kwa Musa and MK
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2021, 08:12:44 PM »
Mt kenya elite unite. Trying to stay afloat from UDA tsunami.