Author Topic: Zuma state capture  (Read 1152 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Zuma state capture
« on: September 10, 2021, 05:08:52 AM »
I really feel for South Africans. Zuma should not have been alllowed anywhere near power. He had no character to be leader or to work for the nation

Anyway this documentary kind of puts into perspective what the state capture was all about. Zuma Gupta state capture cost is estimated at 1.3 Trillion Rand

No wonder SA economy is shit these days. The way things are going South Africa may be headed for breadline in not distant future

Zuma should be bankrutped and all his wealth liquidated so that no other South African leader will attemp what he did

We know Rhampaso is a corrupt boer carpet bagger that wont do much for SA

My buddy told me that his assessment is that Africa will never rise because we are like a baby that is born Retarded or with sever mental disability. The baby has no chance of ever becoming anything

Our nations were still births and will slog along forever

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Re: Zuma state capture
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 07:07:18 AM »
Banality of evil.

Dispiriting shit.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 09:54:35 AM »
Looks like Zuma migrated up north, shed his skin and wore a military outfit, now gunning for power in another country north of Limpopo.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 11:37:19 AM »
The problem is deeper than Zuma. People like to scape goat. Problem start from bad education. Immigration problem - 10M illegal immigrants in a country of 55m - mostly from Zim. Problem start with aborted land reforms. Problem start with HIV-AIDS

Those problems - education, immigration, land reforms,HIV-AIDS- are far deeper than Zuma 10yr tenure.

Worse South Africa president remain one THABO MBEKI - HIV-AIDS has crippled south africa because he listened to CRAZY PEOPLE like Terminator who were spinning conspiracies in 1990s that HIV AIDS WAS NOT REAL.

As always the road to hell is paved with good intention.

Give me ZUMA anyday. And take away crazies like Thabo Mbeki

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 05:00:17 PM »
I really feel for South Africans. Zuma should not have been alllowed anywhere near power. He had no character to be leader or to work for the nation

Anyway this documentary kind of puts into perspective what the state capture was all about. Zuma Gupta state capture cost is estimated at 1.3 Trillion Rand

No wonder SA economy is shit these days. The way things are going South Africa may be headed for breadline in not distant future

Zuma should be bankrutped and all his wealth liquidated so that no other South African leader will attemp what he did

My buddy told me that his assessment is that Africa will never rise because we are like a baby that is born Retarded or with sever mental disability. The baby has no chance of ever becoming anything

All these leaders have no vision of where SA, or even much of Africa should be headed in 10 20 30yrs. They are stuck in tribal identity rather that SA identity. (Reminds me of republicans LOL). Tribal identity always leads to fighting for things like who has the most followers even when those followers lack knowledge of any idea. Their idea is IDENTITY. I saw a story of Indians arming themselves and killing blacks in SA. Poor leadership is the reason this is happening.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 05:06:17 PM »

An interesting documentary.  Zuma was an Idi Amin and Donald Trump rolled into one.  Clueless of how things work, and non-existent moral compass.  He also seems to have cultivated a death cult-like group of supporters.  I can believe another Zuma term and SA could be written off.  Ramaphosa - not necessarily confidence inspiring himself - has his hands full, just righting the ship.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 05:14:34 PM »
That what you get for someone with 4th grade education. He cannot grasp how things function. This was a deal anc made with Zulus and it has been an expensive political deal.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 05:26:07 PM »
It easy to blame the buffon - but Zuma found a country on freefall. The buffon was merely interested in stealing...but Mbeki did the most damage...and likes of Ramaphosa stole way more than the buffon could dream of stealing.

Mbeki had set the ball rolling -
1) Mismanaging Zimbabwe and Robert Mugabe - set 10M mostly zim immigrants descending on south africa. He adopted what he called Quiet Diplomacy - which was do nothing see nothing hear nothing.

South Africa's policy of quiet diplomacy towards Mugabe has been severely criticised by the West and within South Africa alike. As South Africa is regarded as the key external player in the Zimbabwe crisis, calls for a U-turn in South Africa's Zimbabwe policy are mounting.

2) Mismanaging HIV AIDS - that crippled South Africa - at some point nearly 40% infection rate - crushed it healthcare and it's economy

Mbeki Aids denial 'caused 300,000 deaths'
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/nov/26/aids-south-africa

3) Failing to reform land and education sector -

That what you get for someone with 4th grade education. He cannot grasp how things function. This was a deal anc made with Zulus and it has been an expensive political deal.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 05:43:12 PM »
Yes mbeki created this mess. Zuma was a reaction to mbekis incompetence. It was a hurried saving face for  anc. You are right on Rhamposa. Anyway the whole political system has been captured.  They need a leader that can address the immigration problem and revive the economy

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 05:48:37 PM »
The Elephant in the room which people always try to wiah away is that. Nelson Mandela was a Mistake. He is the root cause of all South African Problems. But people say he is a Saint .
Nelson Mandela should never have happened.
They want to bring a Nelson Mandela Moment in Kenya. God Forbid.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2021, 07:24:17 PM »
What mistake? Mandela did great except on land reforms. But he was transitioning the country - dealing with restive boers. He stayed 4yrs and left. A first in Africa. Mandela is a saint for me. Raila will never be Mandela.

Mandela could not have begun immediately the land issues - he started with TJRC -dismantled apertheid- and left.

Mbeki dropped the ball. Mandela was a real african hero. Mbeki is white-man in black skin if you will.

Mbeki had 10yrs to fix land and income inequalities...he had 10yrs to fix hiv-aids -- he had all the time to do something about Zimbwabwe.

The Elephant in the room which people always try to wiah away is that. Nelson Mandela was a Mistake. He is the root cause of all South African Problems. But people say he is a Saint .
Nelson Mandela should never have happened.
They want to bring a Nelson Mandela Moment in Kenya. God Forbid.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2021, 07:27:41 PM »
Yes, Zuma is just a favourite puching bag because he is like Sonko - a buffon - but Nairobi problems predate sonko.Ramaphosa is one of biggest south africa who have captured South Africa economy
Yes mbeki created this mess. Zuma was a reaction to mbekis incompetence. It was a hurried saving face for  anc. You are right on Rhamposa. Anyway the whole political system has been captured.  They need a leader that can address the immigration problem and revive the economy

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2021, 10:45:47 PM »

Boers are in the corner sardonically quipping "We told you, these apes can't run anything"

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2021, 05:15:19 PM »

Boers are in the corner sardonically quipping "We told you, these apes can't run anything"

Absolutely..

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2021, 06:05:58 PM »
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2021, 06:14:22 PM »

That is a given.  Zuma is a godsend for any racists.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2021, 06:31:17 PM »
causality vs correlation. They are not the same. Mbeki-Mandela enjoyed growth from world goodwill - and the end of South Africa embargos/bans/pariah status that had crippled Boer's apertheid. It's like Kibaki - most of his initial success game from end of MOi era --that is just correlation - an happenstance.

But whilst enjoying that honey moon - he destroyed South Africa - all the problems south africa faces except maybe corruption (which is not even a big issue) - genesis are in Mbeki distratous regime

1) Immigration - Zim quiet diplomacy - if he supported Mugabe publicly like he did privately - he should have come out - and do the same - and west bullies would have backed out.

2)HIV-AIDS - is unforgivable - not only him but health minister - was busy selling crazy ideas - while HIV-AIDS was killing people and Museveni in Uganda had proven a model that could defeat AIDS. While everyone was busy copying Museveni - he was in bed with HIV-AIDS deniliast. Hiv-AIds would go on to cripple south africa - in fact Zuma did better to reverse some of the crazy ideas that idiot was pushing.

3) Eskom/Electricity issues - can be traced to Mbeki.

4) Aborted Land reforms - I blame Mbeki. Crime started in his era. Xenophobia.

Zuma is only guilty of corruption. There is no a single policy issues he started or ended - he was just an incompetent corrupt buffon who drove the South Africa vehicle on the same direction he found it.

The wrong turn had already been made by Mbeki. He is therefore the main cause of South Africa problems.