Author Topic: Rusinga Island  (Read 998 times)

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
Rusinga Island
« on: September 08, 2021, 07:35:19 PM »
This is the first time I'm seeing TJ's hometown from the air. It is simply wonderful!

The Most Beautiful Island in The Largest Lake in Africa, Rusinga Island Kenya
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Rusinga Island
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 08:07:54 PM »
Lake victoria has got to be one of world most unexploited natural resource. That road around the lake needed to be built - and beach resorts all around it - and then irrigation - the land in that island look dry - in the middle of all that water - all they need are pumps - and they can do serious farming

Jaluo and Maasai just cannot plant a tree. But will shout the loudly about mau and forest conservation.

Sijui ni shida gani. All those trees you can bet grew naturally - even the fruits.

Gov under Ruto will enforce 10 percent forest cover for every land. That only way to force Mwafrika to plant trees.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 01:09:51 AM »
Guv under Ruto will be a nightmare! His corruption and theft will outweigh everything.

Lake victoria has got to be one of world most unexploited natural resource. That road around the lake needed to be built - and beach resorts all around it - and then irrigation - the land in that island look dry - in the middle of all that water - all they need are pumps - and they can do serious farming

Jaluo and Maasai just cannot plant a tree. But will shout the loudly about mau and forest conservation.

Sijui ni shida gani. All those trees you can bet grew naturally - even the fruits.

Gov under Ruto will enforce 10 percent forest cover for every land. That only way to force Mwafrika to plant trees.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 01:48:32 AM »
Guv under Ruto will be a nightmare! His corruption and theft will outweigh everything.

This was quickly trned into a political crap...
Except in developed countries, the animals is killed and eaten the same time you visit.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 04:28:44 AM »
Georgesoros,

It does not get more fresh than this. Choose the live chicken, they slaughter.

The fishing here must be amazing. It looks like there are Airbnb options on the island. I would not mind spending a week, just fishing with my rods.

I would also like to pay my respects to TJ at his mausoleum.

Except in developed countries, the animals is killed and eaten the same time you visit.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 06:34:55 AM »
Georgesoros,

It does not get more fresh than this. Choose the live chicken, they slaughter.

The fishing here must be amazing. It looks like there are Airbnb options on the island. I would not mind spending a week, just fishing with my rods.

I would also like to pay my respects to TJ at his mausoleum.

They started charging lots of taxes for AIRBs so am not sure people are gonna make any money. It looks like a good spot.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 06:45:20 AM »

Maasai saved our largest water tower in Mau, we owe them a big gratitude.

I was impressed with their environmental consciousness, their activism, they harried the illegal squatters and forced the government's hand.

On developing Lake Victoria shores, I'm against it. Keep tourists and residents away from the lake, all you get is pollution.

Now what people need to be taught is composting their human waste, so sewage doesn't flow into rivers and lakes. Water Hyacinth in Lake Victoria is caused by excess nutrients from untreated human waste flowing into the lake. Gross! We should be championing small appropriate technologies not large capital intensive mega projects that benefit politicians and aliens while locals lose out.

Irrigation is to be avoided at all costs.

What do you mean by "Sijui ni shida gani. All those trees you can bet grew naturally - even the fruits."??

You mean the forest trees?

Ruto the thief ain't enforcing shit because he won't be president. Stop lying to yourself.

We got this. Deep state FTW!

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 07:34:58 AM »
Rusinga gave me Malaria that nearly killed me back in 2005.

I saw a 90Kg Nile perch.

Wonderful place and beaches

Nothing beats bathing in the lake
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 09:30:01 AM »
Fix poverty first and you will be able to fix environment. Look at developed world. Exploit the lake to the maximum - and from the proceeds it easy to clean up the lake, plant trees and have a liveable enviroment.

What you're advocating is the usual crazy laziness of do nothing - and wait for nature to provide manna.

Maasai saved our largest water tower in Mau, we owe them a big gratitude.

I was impressed with their environmental consciousness, their activism, they harried the illegal squatters and forced the government's hand.

On developing Lake Victoria shores, I'm against it. Keep tourists and residents away from the lake, all you get is pollution.

Now what people need to be taught is composting their human waste, so sewage doesn't flow into rivers and lakes. Water Hyacinth in Lake Victoria is caused by excess nutrients from untreated human waste flowing into the lake. Gross! We should be championing small appropriate technologies not large capital intensive mega projects that benefit politicians and aliens while locals lose out.

Irrigation is to be avoided at all costs.

What do you mean by "Sijui ni shida gani. All those trees you can bet grew naturally - even the fruits."??

You mean the forest trees?

Ruto the thief ain't enforcing shit because he won't be president. Stop lying to yourself.

We got this. Deep state FTW!

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 04:22:35 PM »
Fix poverty first and you will be able to fix environment. Look at developed world. Exploit the lake to the maximum - and from the proceeds it easy to clean up the lake, plant trees and have a liveable enviroment.

What you're advocating is the usual crazy laziness of do nothing - and wait for nature to provide manna.

You are an an absolutely imbecile don't know why I keep entertaining you.

Can't destroy nature to fight poverty, what backward stuff is that? Is like eating your seeds, or pissing in your drinking water.

The West learned the way, you had rivers catching fire because of all the pollutants dumped there, Nixon a cynical republican was forced to create the Environmental protection agency EPA - it was that bad. Economic development at the expense of huge clean up bills, massive health costs from pollution, crashing land prices is not worth it.

Look what a few Kipsigis squatters did to our water towers and the subsequent droughts that ensued. Don't play with nature.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 04:52:19 PM »
Nature is not there for human to admire but to exploit. Natural resources are for humans first and foremost - we are the GODS of the earth. After we are rich - we can do clean up. Lofty ideals of sustainable development never works.

You have to fix development - and then enviroment is easy to clean up. Look at developed world now - they have replanted more trees than they found.

Would you rather we stay in stone age? Or you're adopting ideas that is akin to western world thrown down the ladder.

You are an an absolutely imbecile don't know why I keep entertaining you.

Can't destroy nature to fight poverty, what backward stuff is that? Is like eating your seeds, or pissing in your drinking water.

The West learned the way, you had rivers catching fire because of all the pollutants dumped there, Nixon a cynical republican was forced to create the Environmental protection agency EPA - it was that bad. Economic development at the expense of huge clean up bills, massive health costs from pollution, crashing land prices is not worth it.

Look what a few Kipsigis squatters did to our water towers and the subsequent droughts that ensued. Don't play with nature.