Author Topic: Visionless leadership  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Visionless leadership
« on: September 08, 2021, 12:36:21 AM »
Maybe its me, but the current lacks real leadership with a vision. During Kibakis time there seems to have been a momentum, but it degenerated into tribal politics as soon as he left. Then, it further degenerated into clans, then nowadays its every one on their own. For every 100 shillings, a large percentage goes into individual pockets. You steal a lot you get to bribe your tribal members to protect you.
I see no leader in the current Kenya who has a vision about education, economy, jobs etc. Meanwhile 20yr college graduates remain unemployed while leaders blame it on COVId.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Visionless leadership
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 01:03:15 AM »
Right now Kenya has no leaders. It has actors.

Maybe its me, but the current lacks real leadership with a vision. During Kibakis time there seems to have been a momentum, but it degenerated into tribal politics as soon as he left. Then, it further degenerated into clans, then nowadays its every one on their own. For every 100 shillings, a large percentage goes into individual pockets. You steal a lot you get to bribe your tribal members to protect you.
I see no leader in the current Kenya who has a vision about education, economy, jobs etc. Meanwhile 20yr college graduates remain unemployed while leaders blame it on COVId.
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 01:51:57 AM »
Blame it on kenyatta curse. Kenyatta criminal enterprise gobbles almost everything. All resources are directed and feed to this enterprise. Corruption at industrial scale.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 05:23:07 AM »
And we know he biggest enabler and aider in the second term has been Raila through the handshake....

Blame it on kenyatta curse. Kenyatta criminal enterprise gobbles almost everything. All resources are directed and feed to this enterprise. Corruption at industrial scale.

Offline RV Heavy Hitter!

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 06:51:56 AM »
DP with minor flaws would perform 20 times better than Kibaki given the opportunity. Kenya needs organization, planning, setting the agenda, and executing -areas that the DP excels. Kenya was headed in the right direction until Uhuru started destroying the national party and vision of bigger goals such as big four agendas and tribeless parties. He settled for BBI and personal plan for 3 years and took the eyeball of avenues that would have employed 3-6 million Kenyans directly or indirectly. 90 days before the 2017 elections, corporations, private, and diaspora groups were planning to troop to Kenya to partner with the government to build millions of modern houses/buildings. That alone, over time, would have employed a lot of people. By 2018 March, the DP was discouraged because the mission had changed to BBI first for 2018-2019 and Big four right for 2020/21. The rest is history, and now in 2021, both agendas have kaput!   
The future belongs to those who have a quarter of the character and integrity of RV Heavy Hitter!

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 07:15:45 AM »
We don't need visions. We have lack of leadership to execute visions. Ruto represent a great chance to have an effective executioner. We have too many plans, visions, dreams, manifestos...but we need to get it done.

Jubilee 1.0 was on the right track - but this handshake disaster coupled with covid-19 has pulled us back 5yrs.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 07:41:19 AM »
DP with minor flaws would perform 20 times better than Kibaki given the opportunity. Kenya needs organization, planning, setting the agenda, and executing -areas that the DP excels. Kenya was headed in the right direction until Uhuru started destroying the national party and vision of bigger goals such as big four agendas and tribeless parties. He settled for BBI and personal plan for 3 years and took the eyeball of avenues that would have employed 3-6 million Kenyans directly or indirectly. 90 days before the 2017 elections, corporations, private, and diaspora groups were planning to troop to Kenya to partner with the government to build millions of modern houses/buildings. That alone, over time, would have employed a lot of people. By 2018 March, the DP was discouraged because the mission had changed to BBI first for 2018-2019 and Big four right for 2020/21. The rest is history, and now in 2021, both agendas have kaput!

Heavy shitting right here.

Very disingenuous of you, DP has not shown any promise as a performer, you guys can't create a phantom track record for him.

He is a good campaigner, he wants political power, so he can steal with abandon.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 07:42:53 AM »
Ruto is good in everything he does - even stealing. He doesn't do half-measures. Once he commits to do something, then he does it.

This is what is lacking in Africa - the lack of work ethic and commitment to get stuff done.

He is a good campaigner, he wants political power, so he can steal with abandon.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 08:08:16 AM »
Ruto is good in everything he does - even stealing. He doesn't do half-measures. Once he commits to do something, then he does it.

This is what is lacking in Africa - the lack of work ethic and commitment to get stuff done.

No, What is lacking in Africa is integrity.

Not using political power enrich yourself at the expense of taxpayers.

Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 08:15:56 AM »
If you do nothing and steal; then you got Africa problem
If you do a lot and steal; then you get out of the hole;
And after that you need to fix integrity.
You can have integrity - but zero work done like Raila - zero work done in Kibra - Okoth did a lot in 5yrs.
Look at Ruto - he was alwasy top 3 in Eldoret North cdf usage, has performed exemplary in all his dockets, private business and etc.

What Africa need is more doers and less talkers

Africa need Nyachaes, Michukis and Rutos - who whatever ministry you take them - they roll their sleeves - and get down to work.NOT useless people like Kalonzo or Raila who cannot name anything they have done in 40yrs in politics - except flapping gum

Africa right now is too poor to have a integrity problem. What is there to steal - when entire Africa economy is less than California state economy.

We are like a poor man in village with his grass thatched hovel - claiming his biggest problem is people stealing from his shamba - while the real problem - he has grown very little. The rich man in the village like US or China yes integrity is big problem because he has big store of maize to guard against thieves.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 03:03:23 PM »
Some of the conversations in here are a microcosm of Kenya's problems. They are VISIONLESS. When one identifies with a tribe, race, religion, region, etc there is no way you can make a fair judgment, EVER. Ruto this, Kenyatta this, Raila worse - and in the end good ideas fly out the window. I feel like am at a Republican party gathering, who by the way are the most visionless leaders ever.  A leader with a vision gathers his/her immediate community first, organizes it, and then tries to do the same for the whole country. I wish we had someone like JM Kariuki at this point of time, because Kenya will flourish, instead of these money stealing, corrupt tribal warriors.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2021, 03:19:49 PM »
So all leaders are tribal warriors except your fellow Kikuyu. Stop the nonsense. Relax and wait until Ruto has done his 5yrs like Uhuru did.

JM Kariuki was organizing what again? He was one biggest land thieves around. He was running down NYS that Griffin and others had nurtured.

Kenyans will freely elect the best leader - with best vision. That is democracy. Your vision leader is dead. Support a new one.

And Kenya has had many visionary leaders from all tribes - I can name 10 of them
1) Tom Mboya -
2) Mwai Kibaki
3) Charles Karanja - for steering smallholder tea farming to world leading exporter now.
5) Charles Nyachae - for a stellar steering civil services - and especially electricity reforms
6) John Michuki -  for a stellar public services administration  - especially reforming matatus
7) Kenneth Matiba - horticulture development and public services
8) William Ruto - steering public services and all great things Jubilee 1.0

Nearly all these people became rich and successful from stealing public funds but there is no doubt they were great visionaries and got a lot of work done..and their business similarly grew.

Some of the conversations in here are a microcosm of Kenya's problems. They are VISIONLESS. When one identifies with a tribe, race, religion, region, etc there is no way you can make a fair judgment, EVER. Ruto this, Kenyatta this, Raila worse - and in the end good ideas fly out the window. I feel like am at a Republican party gathering, who by the way are the most visionless leaders ever.  A leader with a vision gathers his/her immediate community first, organizes it, and then tries to do the same for the whole country. I wish we had someone like JM Kariuki at this point of time, because Kenya will flourish, instead of these money stealing, corrupt tribal warriors.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2021, 03:30:39 PM »

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2021, 04:35:47 PM »

On a scale of 1 to 10 , Rate the Integrity of the following U.S. Prsidents
1. Obama
2.Trump

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2021, 04:40:53 PM »

When a Mt Kenyan identifies with Ruto from Rift Valley according to your logic . Is that Visionless ? Can one make a fair Judgement ?

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2021, 04:44:24 PM »

Why do you always see Ghosts in Kikuyus ? Kikuyu this Kikuyu that.
I mean for Heavens sake , Kikuyus are supporting Ruto. Such Kimd of Vitriol should be coming from Raila and ODM  supporters.

So all leaders are tribal warriors except your fellow Kikuyu. Stop the nonsense. Relax and wait until Ruto has done his 5yrs like Uhuru did.

JM Kariuki was organizing what again? He was one biggest land thieves around. He was running down NYS that Griffin and others had nurtured.

Kenyans will freely elect the best leader - with best vision. That is democracy. Your vision leader is dead. Support a new one.

And Kenya has had many visionary leaders from all tribes - I can name 10 of them
1) Tom Mboya -
2) Mwai Kibaki
3) Charles Karanja - for steering smallholder tea farming to world leading exporter now.
5) Charles Nyachae - for a stellar steering civil services - and especially electricity reforms
6) John Michuki -  for a stellar public services administration  - especially reforming matatus
7) Kenneth Matiba - horticulture development and public services
8) William Ruto - steering public services and all great things Jubilee 1.0

Nearly all these people became rich and successful from stealing public funds but there is no doubt they were great visionaries and got a lot of work done..and their business similarly grew.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2021, 07:40:01 PM »
I have no problem with Kikuyus - my list above has majority Kikuyus. I was responding to GeorgeSoros - a kikuyu from Kiambu- who doesnt see anything good outside kikuyuland. If I have a problem with you - don't extend it to the tribe - Moron.

And supporting Ruto is NOT GOING TO IMPRESS ME :) - what impress me is your ability to think objectively.

No 9 - James Mwangi - Equity Bank and whole banking sector transformation
No 10 - Micheal Joseph - Mpesa and Telcom transformation

So you can see my list has Mwai,Matiba, Karanja, Michuki and James Mwangi - that half of kenya best visionary leaders in my view.

How someone like JM Kariuku - make the list of visionary leadership is beyond me - all he ever did was to agitate for land rights whilst stealing for himself. It like Gachagua now - both were PA to Kenyatta Jn and Snr - and started shouting Mau Mau land when they fell out with Kenyattas - JM I hear fell out with Kenyatta when Mzee took his girlfriend who he had paid ruracio and made her his mpango wa kando :) - and personal sec - later to be married by Marsen Madoka  :D :D.Bildad Kagia would be even better hero because he refused to partake in it.

Nyachae, Ruto, Mboya and MJ - makes the list of exemplary visionary leaders who have and can transform a society.

Nearly all of them had one thing in common - EXECUTION - Less Talk - Get it done.

Why do you always see Ghosts in Kikuyus ? Kikuyu this Kikuyu that.
I mean for Heavens sake , Kikuyus are supporting Ruto. Such Kimd of Vitriol should be coming from Raila and ODM  supporters