Author Topic: Matatus Back to Full Capacity  (Read 1145 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Matatus Back to Full Capacity
« on: August 09, 2021, 09:21:41 AM »

?s=21

Decision was made after deliberations between Ministry of Transport and Matatu Owners Association. MoH was missing. This was purely a common sense decision seeing just how badly off the industry is. Many long distance bus companies have shuttered. I saw a brand new Modern Coast bus at about 0100H full of parcels.

Planes have always been full as SGR wagons.

So, what next ? Lift the bloody useless curfew?
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Matatus Back to Full Capacity
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 10:53:41 AM »
Yeah curfew doesnt make sense - when everyone is already required to mask up. The bars should open.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 01:11:56 PM »
It was a big joke from the beginning. The sooner people wake up from the nightmare the better. Of course, we know the high priest also wants rallies back so that he can donate to hungry congregations.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 02:36:03 PM »
Yaani Ruto lazima iwe kila mahali. When Ruto was hitting the road - you were saying it's too early - ana tanga tanga. Now how will you launch campaign with Corona :). When will Raila start central tours? You see Ruto already visited all corners of kenya - 4 times.
It was a big joke from the beginning. The sooner people wake up from the nightmare the better. Of course, we know the high priest also wants rallies back so that he can donate to hungry congregations.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 03:34:35 PM »
China - No Loans.
France - No loans.
Boris - No loans. Tunachangisha ya masomo.

The economy has to be opened for hustlers to consume and pay taxes- no other option.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 03:40:13 PM »
Is that why Uhuru is hiding in Mombasa. I know France didn't work out well. The most surprising thing is KNBS have refused to release economic data since last year :). I hear treasury too has now also refused to release data - for mid term review. Maybe they are doing re-basing. But it looks suspicious.
China - No Loans.
France - No loans.

The economy has to be opened for hustlers to consume and pay taxes- no other option.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 10:10:56 AM »
Is that why Uhuru is hiding in Mombasa. I know France didn't work out well. The most surprising thing is KNBS have refused to release economic data since last year :). I hear treasury too has now also refused to release data - for mid term review. Maybe they are doing re-basing. But it looks suspicious.
China - No Loans.
France - No loans.

Hii maneno ya Uhunye cooking data will be the end of him.

Ruto shocked me when he disputed KNBS report on SGR. He was defending chupilee. He claimed SGR was very profitable and  KNBS data was wrong :D
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2021, 10:41:55 AM »
When was that? Normal Ruto has facts on his fingertips. But I think SGR need to raise the passenger tickets a little bit - to say 1300usd to Mombasa - and cargo slightly - and they will make profit.

But first let see - Uganda MGR connection.

I think as of last year - SGR expenditure was 18N amd revenues close to 14B - so there is shortfall of 4B kshs.

In 2017 - it was revenues of 1B against 7.5B in expenditure -  so you can see the ratio is falling.

The problem is now accumulated debt of 40B kshs.

Once MGR rehabilitation is completed - it will break even - and it can even turn some profit - enough to start paying this 40B operational debt.

As for cost of construction - Kenya Treasury will have to continue paying that for another decade :)

Ruto shocked me when he disputed KNBS report on SGR. He was defending chupilee. He claimed SGR was very profitable and  KNBS data was wrong :D

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2021, 01:41:39 PM »
You Punda mlia was here defending sgr daily. Anyway on matatus they should have been at full capacity. Very few commuters wear masks. Kenyans are reckless ignorant idiots

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 01:46:11 PM »
China - No Loans.
France - No loans.

Uhuru is going through cancer treatment. He is in mobasa to recover.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 01:49:15 PM »
Not avoiding the chilly Nairobi weather? Yeah his chain smoking has probably damaged his lungs; he really should pray COVID-19 doesnt come near him;if it does Ruto wins without trying :)
Uhuru is going through cancer treatment. He is in mobasa to recover.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 01:58:59 PM »
He is in bad shape. They pumping steroids to keep him healthy. He is literally a crackhead on steroids. Money can do wonders it has kept thus crackhead healthy for 6 decades. Probably he will live for 30 more years. They will Haverst organs to keep it alive

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 02:10:44 PM »
Yes as long as they are not vital;
He is in bad shape. They pumping steroids to keep him healthy. He is literally a crackhead on steroids. Money can do wonders it has kept thus crackhead healthy for 6 decades. Probably he will live for 30 more years. They will Haverst organs to keep it alive

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 01:34:32 PM »
Interesting unintended consequence.

https://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/news/nairobi-court-frees-trio-accused-of-violating-covid-19-rules

The courts are the only bastion to check police excesses. The judges and magistrates can easily succeed where police reforms have failed.

What if they blacklist police officers accused of brutality - not going to hear cases investigated by such or where they make arrests;  or in drastic cases a police station such as Mlolongo where Kimani was killed or Kianjokoma.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution