Author Topic: Carl Jung's syncronisity and collective unconscious  (Read 24182 times)

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
Re: Carl Jung's syncronisity and collective unconscious
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2014, 10:57:52 AM »

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2014, 11:10:26 AM »

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »
When I say "wishy washy" I didn't mean black box. I meant uninformed. Psychologists need to be better trained in understanding conceptual principles. Philosophy does this. Math does this. They have systems that makes sense and flows with enough switches between what is acceptable and not. They've cultivated the ying yang if you may. . psychology comes off as a sorry excuse for not getting proper training on conceptual principles. There's too much voodoo and hullabaloo without actually thinking hey, this meta-shat has been explored in other disciplines in a more advanced manner. . I get what LB is saying. But I can also see there are things she needs to train in before she can answer the questions she seeks.

People tend to think that cosmos stuff is up in the air, but it's like asking a cosmologist what they see in the sky, they will rattle on about parsecs etc. as a means to do things that are actionable and accepted consensus which works, whereas those not trained will rattle on about zodiac symbols which isn't actionable nor accepted consensus which works.

If you don't want to get lost in voodoo, you need to be better educated.

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2014, 11:29:40 AM »
Veri I get you, I felt the subjectivity while learning Psychoanalysis 101 from Freud, half the time I was like WTF. Things get even more hazy when you get into psychologically profiling personalities and sorting them into boxes the way Jung seems to have done. There just isn't enough descriptive data to foolproof the classifications, it's like a new language that needs to build up on the vocabulary so it can capture a broader more accurate sense of the human experience. I don't know how many words one needs to accurately quantify a pixel, 1000? Human experiences are as unique as the fingerprint, no 2 individuals in the whole history of mankind have identical fingerprints. Yet some conditions are so extreme that they can actually be classified eg I do believe that psychopaths exist.

By the way Bella has provided an intersect between the cosmic precog and actual events. It's worth a note.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2014, 11:51:00 AM »
I think psychology is too capitalist work-related. Understanding human behaviour from a practical perspective without considering age-old knowledge like great philosophers who explored such concepts in depth thousands of years ago.

I think what LB should do is read more physics. Linear events can be mapped. Probabilities and likelihood of experiencing this event (pre-cog) and the event actually happening can be more definitive when there are tighter estimate conditionals. I guess she should add the necessary equations to make it seem credible. To me I see...  :ecomcity:

I'd perk my eyeballs in intense concentration if I saw this with it:

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2014, 12:00:24 PM »
The Greek can interpret that, it's their alphabet :-).

i can't prove the truth of her assertions but assuming all the info she gave is true she's provided a clear intersect between cosmic intelligence and reality via set theory (axiomatic proof).

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »
you mean like aliens ? when did you two become besties? I'm jealous.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2014, 03:22:36 PM »
Veritas, you've got to be kidding. :D Philosphy is the realm of fundamental realities and metaphysics, psychology is the realm of human consciousness, so saying psychology should self-decapitate into philosophy is like saying Biology should self-decapitate and turn into maths. Realms of knowledge are not identical and philosophy (which I love, mind you) is just one area of human knowledge. Philosphy is concerned with objective reality, psychology is about how human minds work based on intuitions into a breadth of human experience. There is no way philosophy can replace it.

Veri I get you, I felt the subjectivity while learning Psychoanalysis 101 from Freud, half the time I was like WTF. Things get even more hazy when you get into psychologically profiling personalities and sorting them into boxes the way Jung seems to have done. There just isn't enough descriptive data to foolproof the classifications, it's like a new language that needs to build up on the vocabulary so it can capture a broader more accurate sense of the human experience. I don't know how many words one needs to accurately quantify a pixel, 1000? Human experiences are as unique as the fingerprint, no 2 individuals in the whole history of mankind have identical fingerprints. Yet some conditions are so extreme that they can actually be classified eg I do believe that psychopaths exist.

By the way Bella has provided an intersect between the cosmic precog and actual events. It's worth a note.
Brynn, I get what you are saying. The thing about psychology in general, including all forms of psychotherapy, is that because it studies the human mind it necessarily goes subjective, built on insights gained from the study of particular/individual minds which experiences must be transmitted and cant be put in a lab for a test. Only so much personal experience can be transmitted to another. Yet, over time, there is enough data for patterns across individuals in general to begin to emerge. Which makes sense, because while we are all unique individuals, we are also a single species, so there must be a shared structure in our psyche. There's much grey area where individual experience (which is unrepeatable) coupled with individual choices and abilities meet with the more general areas. Sorting all that out is the stuff of psyche subjects like psychology/psychiatry and its necessarily messy. But it's not useless. Not all of it, anyway. :D

Jungian psychological types are not meant to explain everything about an individual. They are just an intuition of certain more or less definite patterns that humans display in their thinking. They dont' account for psychosis, personal choices or the entire breadth of experience a human grows thro'. I do find that they are very uselful, however, in some interpersonal situations. They can go along way in clearing up personality clashes that at first glance appear to be something more,--ike misunderstandings based on dislike/character etc which may not be true at all, that is, once you start knowing how to pick up the patterns.   :D
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2014, 03:37:52 PM »
Philosophy covers everything: politics, math (think Plato), art, music, psychology, economics etc. arbiters of discourse. Not just meta-nonsense. Psychology calls itself science. If you ask me it tries to make concepts seem sexy and mysterious when it's not that interesting. It flits over knowledge instead of sitting on it and grow roots. e.g.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2014, 03:42:57 PM »
Philosophy covers everything: politics, math (think Plato), art, music, psychology, economics etc. arbiters of discourse. Not just meta-nonsense. Psychology calls itself science.
Philosphy argues from a rationalist perspective, psychology is based on individual experiences, so its more empirical than philosophy, I guess that's why it thinks of itself as a science. Clearly the "data" is not as easily collected/verifiable as the scientific subjects, so there's much more room for hypothesis/theories than your usual sciences. I don't put it on the same level as the hard sciences, whatever the label though, the worth of the insights it offers is what matters. Having a label "science" is not in itself special. I also don't consider social sciences to be the same as biology either, but anthropology isn't useless. :D You cant decide that philosophy and the hard sciences are the only valuable realms of knowledge. No need to close your mind. :D
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2014, 03:47:11 PM »
Philosophy has numerous disciplines. Science came from one branch of philosophy i.e. prescriptivism, empiricism, these are philosophy terms. Philosophy isn't ALL rationalist, you also have hermeneutics, like the social dialectic i.e. Marx, Frankfurt school, Habermas, Hegel - enlightenment, meta-physics.

When I think psychology, I think someone slapping a donkey intentionally then calling that behaviour evolution. It's SUCH a weirdo discipline ...anything goes... it's becoming more pop psychology when observing how psychologists conduct research these days. . what have they discovered that hasn't spilt over into neuroscience?

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2014, 03:51:09 PM »
Here's one with "PSI"

I have to admit guy psychologists are psychotically hot. Sin.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »
Can someone please explain to me why they have a Greek letter "Psi" to represent psychology ? You see that in itself it wishy washy yet sexy. May as well be a zodiac symbol.

Psychology appears such a s-e-x driven discipline. They've sexualised the most seemingly mundane 'wink' as flirtatious hubris.  ;)