Author Topic: Carl Jung's syncronisity and collective unconscious  (Read 24170 times)

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
Re: Carl Jung's syncronisity and collective unconscious
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 06:52:07 AM »
Bella kweli you are a lawyer both in your loquashiasness and elucidation of details. As you can see most of my arguments are summized with simple axioms like f= ma lol. I'm not hatin I'm just admiring.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 06:58:07 AM »
LB, there are conditions for causal pathways. It needs to satisfy prior conditionals i.e. predictions/history/predicates (if Bayesian) or be readily replicated at all times. Let's say you have a chap.. you aren't going to go pitter patter ALL the time years later. That 'trigger' is obviously not tethered to that particular stimulus. Therefore, it can't be causal.

This data may not necessarily need to travel. It switches on at precise moment in our life, like it was meant to be, pre-programmed. These seemingly connections may just be us trying to make sense of a perfect temporal system in the universe.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 07:01:10 AM »
If you look at a plant, it reacts to the sun, grows and dies. Just because it happened to creep up behind another plant, doesn't mean there is a direct causal psychic relationship between this and that plant. It was just meant to be. It bent that way due to prior conditionals (i.e. sun beckoning it this way).

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 07:06:17 AM »
We tend to notice events more when there is a conditional. For instance, if a mother senses something wrong with the cub 50 000 miles away, I bet you there is another mother out there who senses their cub in distress 50 000 miles away. Is that other mother the cub's mother as well? How many times did that mother sense something wrong with the cub? How many times does a mother call and go, how are things? I sensed something wrong?  We tend to hone in on probable incidences of when they do get it right (i.e. incidental findings) and cover up times they don't hit the mark as just mama being overly affectionate.

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2014, 07:06:31 AM »
Veritas

The mind of a normal human being doesn't have enough gigabytes to process all the information contained in the cosmos. Think an ant trying to solve the rocket equation, ain't happning lol. The good news is that some useful information can be obtained by the spirit of the ant in a language that his mind may not be able to make sense of. It's that kind of soul tie that will help the ant play its part in the ant kingdom doing great works with a puny mind. Faith moves mole hills and mountains.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2014, 07:10:12 AM »
Not if they know how to use cloud. Or even use other minds to store their memories. I think a lot of us are like USB sticks. We imprint and forget, imprint forget more often than we think. I forget things and people all the time. Then remember then forget etc.

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2014, 07:14:12 AM »
That's why I say no one mind is powerful enough to gather all the historical information and make sense of it. Those who operate on the level of the soul get a better understanding of the nature of existence by tapping into the infinite domain. The physical domain is a very limited vibrational spectrum, it can't even pick microwaves. The argument on this level goes like, if I don't understand it doesn't exist! We all knows that babies don't understand much.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 07:14:39 AM »
Ladies

I think most women are intuitive. "Mother Nature". Most men on the other hand have to be innoculated from feeling too much otherwise they'll be scared to get some bacon lol. That's why you also find that men who are too small-minded and into women things/ behave like women also tend to be sissies.

Ps: I'm team Mother Nature here but only if you have the ticket.
Yes, women and men are different. In carl jung's psychological types (which is how I got interested in him in the first place) he distinguishes 8 basic functions of how the human mind works, 4 are passive/perceptive...acquiring information, while 4 are judging functions, basically sorting through the info, categorizing, making sense of it etc. Among the judging functions are what are basically ethics (feeling) and logic, and feeling is associated with women much more than men. Feeling is more like sorting through info and prioritizing in terms of good/bad, right/wrong judgments, and is inclined towards humans specifically or regarding human as "good/right"; while thinking/logic is more detached, about facts and true/false statements, objective causal connections that don't separate humans from the rest of environment, so it may seem "cold" in comparison. We have all 8 functions but they occupy different places in our minds. for many women, the feeling/ethical is nearer to the driver seat than for many men. So maybe that's why women seem more intuitive. their intuitions are naturally inclined towards humanitarian things. men have intuition too but it manifests differently. :D You should read bout it, its interesting stuff. :D Helped me understand many of my peculiarities.
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2014, 07:21:23 AM »
We tend to notice events more when there is a conditional. For instance, if a mother senses something wrong with the cub 50 000 miles away, I bet you there is another mother out there who senses their cub in distress 50 000 miles away. Is that other mother the cub's mother as well? How many times did that mother sense something wrong with the cub? How many times does a mother call and go, how are things? I sensed something wrong?  We tend to hone in on probable incidences of when they do get it right (i.e. incidental findings) and cover up times they don't hit the mark as just mama being overly affectionate.
Veri, that's not the issue. the question for me is how either of those mothers, biological or not, "senses" something 50,000 miles away in the first place. :o

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2014, 07:22:34 AM »
My theses of human psychology is mostly Freud and Steven Pinker, I'll catch up with Jung first before I engage you but it looks very promising.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 07:26:28 AM »
Just because we categorise feelings doesn't mean that's the definitive causal relationship. Naming and assigning thresholds is arbitrary when you think about it. Jung calls it this and sets it as this, that's his conditional imperative, not necessarily others.

LB, I'm going to be cynical here and get to the point, they don't sense it, you think they sense it because you heard blablabla like Chinese whispers.

Brynn, a computer with a lot of memory moves slow. It's a trade-off. How fast are you willing to move for space? Who's watching Lucy?

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2014, 07:27:38 AM »
Bella kweli you are a lawyer both in your loquashiasness and elucidation of details. As you can see most of my arguments are summized with simple axioms like f= ma lol. I'm not hatin I'm just admiring.
I'm verbose, unfortunately.  :) By nature. Cant help it. With too much a tendency to go into monologues when discussing a subject (I don't mean to, honestly, I am no attention hog) especially while trying to make sense of something a bit complex. You should see my papers, they are very succinct, straight to the point and compact but flowing....what the reader doesn't see, though, is the process I have gone through to get there. Usually I have redrafted that paper tens of times first from a lot of kelele and a sea of words until I reach clarity, then I'm able to summarize lol. :D On the internet/normal convos, I don't have the opportunity to hide my verbosity. :)

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 07:33:51 AM »
That's why I say no one mind is powerful enough to gather all the historical information and make sense of it. Those who operate on the level of the soul get a better understanding of the nature of existence by tapping into the infinite domain. The physical domain is a very limited vibrational spectrum, it can't even pick microwaves. The argument on this level goes like, if I don't understand it doesn't exist! We all knows that babies don't understand much.
Agreed, we are highly reliant on logic but logic need not necessarily be the only way to know everything.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2014, 07:40:28 AM »
Logic originated from Hellenistic frumps, logic is bounded by history which ultimately defines our species.

See the word "frump" ? I made it up just then, never seen it or used it in my life yet it popped out just then. I do that a lot. Where does it come from ? Psychic ?

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2014, 08:14:51 AM »
My theses of human psychology is mostly Freud and Steven Pinker, I'll catch up with Jung first before I engage you but it looks very promising.

Brynn, when were you into psychology? psychology is too wishy washy for my liking.

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2014, 09:42:22 AM »
Just because we categorise feelings doesn't mean that's the definitive causal relationship. Naming and assigning thresholds is arbitrary when you think about it. Jung calls it this and sets it as this, that's his conditional imperative, not necessarily others.

LB, I'm going to be cynical here and get to the point, they don't sense it, you think they sense it because you heard blablabla like Chinese whispers.

Brynn, a computer with a lot of memory moves slow. It's a trade-off. How fast are you willing to move for space? Who's watching Lucy?

Veri
If I can backtrack, Bella starts off by presenting us with Synchronicity as an alternative framework/open source operating system that allows the cosmic intelligence to encourage us steer along the path of least resistance by giving us hansel and gretelian clues (breadcrumbs) along the maze. You immediately discount this as some kind of psychoblabber/ psychological dysfunction even though now you turn around to try and convince me that psychology is a quack science. I'm confused.

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2014, 09:54:52 AM »
Logic originated from Hellenistic frumps, logic is bounded by history which ultimately defines our species.

See the word "frump" ? I made it up just then, never seen it or used it in my life yet it popped out just then. I do that a lot. Where does it come from ? Psychic ?

I think logic is more useful for cognitive purposes/proofs. There are other truths of existence that logic does not capture even though they can be empirically determined. That's probably the domain at which intuition rules best.

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2014, 10:03:24 AM »

Brynn, when were you into psychology? psychology is too wishy washy for my liking.
Time iterates a lot of wishywashy information and as the field grows so will it's clarity. We all start from amoeba and specialize into highly functional homopithecus Zinjanthropes and Misanthropes after at least 4 million years lol. In numerological facts, we've graduated from counting numbers to rational numbers, complex and even imaginary ones. Say progress!

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2014, 10:31:55 AM »
I'm verbose, unfortunately.  :) By nature. Cant help it. With too much a tendency to go into monologues when discussing a subject (I don't mean to, honestly, I am no attention hog) especially while trying to make sense of something a bit complex. You should see my papers, they are very succinct, straight to the point and compact but flowing....what the reader doesn't see, though, is the process I have gone through to get there. Usually I have redrafted that paper tens of times first from a lot of kelele and a sea of words until I reach clarity, then I'm able to summarize lol. :D On the internet/normal convos, I don't have the opportunity to hide my verbosity. :)
Being verbose is the meat on the skeleton. Without it the argument is just another graveyard thriller lol, verbosity especially skilled legalese pomposity type brings everything to life.

Offline Brynn

• Mega superstar
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2014, 10:50:40 AM »