Author Topic: Let's Pray  (Read 8776 times)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
Let's Pray
« on: October 19, 2014, 08:36:32 AM »
Good morning church,

Today I want us to share on the shortest verse in the Bible
John 11:35 (KJV)
Jesus wept.

Early last year, one of our leaders was dramatically caught on camera in a church service weeping uncontrollably and that elicited mixed reactions; we are Negroes and Kenian negroes especially those who have gone through the cut are not supposed to show emotion, especially pain and tears. Of course some women found that cool. Some women are drawn to the emotionally inclined men. Others have nothing to do with 'sissies'. Stay near women for long and you really must learn how to deal with abrupt expression of emotions. May be this culture is partly responsible for raising un romantic negroes

Back to the text, we learn that Jesus like any other man had CLOSE friends. Not everyone was close, just a few. For some reasons, he loved Lazarus and his sisters Mary and Martha. If he loved everyone equally then verse 5 would have been redundant. He liked the siblings and they knew it.

When he fell sick, he sisters had sent Jesus a message because they knew he was a healer. But Jesus tarried and Lazarus died. So when he meets them, they are somewhat dejected that Jesus took too long. And they was weeping BIG probably out of death and what they perceived as 'negligence','betrayal' by Jesus; he let them down. So the sisters wept and the crowd joined them. Jesus was moved and HE WEPT.

This was not a momentary weakness from our Savior but empathy/sympathy a demonstration of How Jesus connects with those He loves. Verse 34 shows us that He was not just weeping, he was deeply touched by the circumstances.In Acts 9 when He met Paul, He aksd him why he was persecuting Him. But we know Paul was really after the disciples. So clearly Jesus identified with them in their persecutions. That's my King!

Hebrews 4:15- 16 (ESV)
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Jesus is not a bully seated in heaven juggling fire and brimstone ready to hurl at any object that offends him, He is well in touch with our weaknesses. He is that Loving

Now,Let us worship the King of Kings and BTW,this negro William McDowell -http://www.williammcdowellmusic.com  is coming to town coming weekend, make a point of attending his concert

I may just start collecting a 'love offering' for my internet bundles :)
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
Re: Let's Pray
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 03:59:15 PM »
Amen.