Author Topic: 88 Nairobi Condominium!  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Re: 88 Nairobi Condominium!
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2021, 10:19:31 PM »
Kenya buildings are solid - meant to last 50-100yrs - no dry or fake walls - like in the developed world. The climate in Nairobi doesn't require any heating or AC systems. Therefore outside fire - and I don't see a big problem. The service fee should be enough to hire enough people in Kibera slums to be clean it sparkling clean every day. Maybe just fixing water issues - if they depend on Nairobi Water - and you're stuck 50th floor.

So water is the only issue.

Fire is insurable and rarely happens in Nairobi.

The price is a bit steep - but the studio at 11M is fairly prized -and if you can convert to AirBnB of a sort - you could probably get 40-50 dollars a day - otherwise I don't see how you can rent it out for 100K per month or around to pay for itself.

:o :o What? New residential apartments in Kenya have substandard concrete work. Hence the recent buildings collapses.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2021, 11:56:15 PM »
88 Nairobi Condominium is NOT your regular Nairobi operation. 

Compare apples with apples, not apples with mangoes.  :D :D :D

Kenya buildings are solid - meant to last 50-100yrs - no dry or fake walls - like in the developed world. The climate in Nairobi doesn't require any heating or AC systems. Therefore outside fire - and I don't see a big problem. The service fee should be enough to hire enough people in Kibera slums to be clean it sparkling clean every day. Maybe just fixing water issues - if they depend on Nairobi Water - and you're stuck 50th floor.

The price is a bit steep - but the studio at 11M is fairly prized -and if you can convert to AirBnB of a sort - you could probably get 40-50 dollars a day - otherwise I don't see how you can rent it out for 100K per month or around to pay for itself.

:o :o What? New residential apartments in Kenya have substandard concrete work. Hence the recent buildings collapses.
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2021, 02:01:09 AM »
88 Nairobi Condominium is NOT your regular Nairobi operation. 

Compare apples with apples, not apples with mangoes.  :D :D :D

Yeah higher end commercial and residential are the exception. Kampinski and others are solidly built.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2021, 03:52:40 AM »
Whether Veritas is an African or not, is not the real issue in the exchange between her and I. She's operating in a Kenyan discussion forum. So one can be forgiven for assuming that she's African. In any case, is it disrespectful to assume she's an African? I would think that it's actually a compliment but maybe I'm being presumptuous.  :D

I was responding to her words. I used smilies to indicate that I was not really trying to insult her.

I do not need to show her any more respect than I did.

Veritas is the owner of this forum - and I don't think she is africa - she is an asian woman who inherited huge stash from her white adopted parents in Australia - and makes her own money too - so she could be your client :). Next time show some respect.
a
You sound confused. By your logic Nairobi would a collection of huts. Do you think the UN complex in Nairobi is dependent on what is going on in Kenya? Do you think the U.S. Embassy is dependent on Nairobi for anything? 88 Nairobi Condominium satisfied UN standards, among others. Put simply, 88 Nairobi Condominium was not built for Africans like you. This is a whole other level. This is why it's fascinating to me. It's like being in Europe while still in Kenya. Put bluntly: Being in Kenya without the bull of African mismanagement.  :D :D :D

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2021, 05:18:19 AM »
Why 88 Nairobi Condominium is Ideal for Diaspora

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2021, 05:50:15 AM »
Why 88 Nairobi Condominium is Ideal for Diaspora

Anything fronted by a Mzungu stay away from it.

They are brought in to whitewash scams and half baked investments

Shunga sana