Author Topic: 88 Nairobi Condominium!  (Read 2582 times)

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
88 Nairobi Condominium!
« on: July 05, 2021, 01:59:36 AM »
This is my kind of stuff:

Daring Abroad Sn4 Ep1: Why 88 Nairobi Condominium is Ideal for Diaspora
Don't steal. The Uhuruto Government hates competition.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Re: 88 Nairobi Condominium!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 02:14:45 AM »

After watching Miami building collapse who wants a highrise
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 02:43:48 AM »
You must not have heard the intense level the builder went to make sure that 88 Nairobi is more secure than Gikomba Market.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 06:08:57 AM »
You must not have heard the intense level the builder went to make sure that 88 Nairobi is more secure than Gikomba Market.

Single story bungalows are the best dwellings, who wants to live in a human tin can.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 03:58:57 PM »
That's your taste. Others beg to differ.

Single story bungalows are the best dwellings, who wants to live in a human tin can.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 04:03:56 PM »
I agree. This highrise dwelling is not for me too..

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 05:45:37 PM »
For raising kids no; Maintain Bungalow is lot of work; But if you have kids; definitely worth it; as you just let them play outside; without having to be outside yourself.

Now our old senior single Nyar - why would you not want to live in apartment?

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 04:46:14 AM »
The view alone is stunning. I would love to live in 88 Nairobi.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 07:32:46 AM »

Nope. Nightmares from twin towers bodies tumbling down. I shouldn't be feeding this troll  :D He/She is probably paid to promote this building.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2021, 01:32:57 PM »
I just got a good commission when you responded. Thanks for helping my bank account.

Typical, petty Kenyan thinking.  :D

Nope. Nightmares from twin towers bodies tumbling down. I shouldn't be feeding this troll  :D He/She is probably paid to promote this building.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2021, 05:43:48 PM »
I just got a good commission when you responded. Thanks for helping my bank account.

I knew it, ka ching ching!

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2021, 04:25:31 PM »
Interesting.

Not sure if Nairobi has a market for luxury apartments.

Luxury apartments are my style of living but as an investor myself I wouldn't purchase because of the lack of safety regulations and govt safety nets re: high rises.

Like for example in Oz it needs to be fitted with sprinklers for fire safety. Lets say the building gets burnt down, how reliable are insurance companies in Kenya?

How about safeguarding against burglary, theft to even covid? In my building we have three building managers, 20 cleaners, 5 gardeners etc. who sanitise every inch of the place to safeguard against covid. Their salaries partly paid for by the govt.

From the look of things I just don't such high rises would be affordable to maintain for the gok and private strata. Not enough laws, regulations, policies between gok and high rise developers.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2021, 09:42:24 PM »
It doesn't sound like you saw the video or were paying attention. The standards that were taken when constructing the building are clearly explained by the developer. No need for me to go over them.  :D

Interesting.

Not sure if Nairobi has a market for luxury apartments.

Luxury apartments are my style of living but as an investor myself I wouldn't purchase because of the lack of safety regulations and govt safety nets re: high rises.

Like for example in Oz it needs to be fitted with sprinklers for fire safety. Lets say the building gets burnt down, how reliable are insurance companies in Kenya?

How about safeguarding against burglary, theft to even covid? In my building we have three building managers, 20 cleaners, 5 gardeners etc. who sanitise every inch of the place to safeguard against covid. Their salaries partly paid for by the govt.

From the look of things I just don't such high rises would be affordable to maintain for the gok and private strata. Not enough laws, regulations, policies between gok and high rise developers.

Offline veritas

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 03:33:36 PM »
Standards for constructing isn't the issue. Anyone with money can build stuff, I would've built a shopping complex in Kenya by now using the best construction standards known to mankind, that's the easy part. Developers are full of BS.

Standards for maintaining i.e., strata fees, govt investment, govt policies for fire, flood, construction defects, regulatory bodies etc. when aligned with construction prospects is a smart investment.

Kenya's infrastructure capability has maybe a decade to go before buildings such as these are safe, affordable and maintainable. This guy's an ambitious id1ot that really hasn't considered the wellbeing of those who'd actually be living in the building.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2021, 04:17:51 PM »
Standards for constructing isn't the issue. Anyone with money can build stuff, I would've built a shopping complex in Kenya by now using the best construction standards known to mankind, that's the easy part. Developers are full of BS.

Standards for maintaining i.e., strata fees, govt investment, govt policies for fire, flood, construction defects, regulatory bodies etc. when aligned with construction prospects is a smart investment.

Kenya's infrastructure capability has maybe a decade to go before buildings such as these are safe, affordable and maintainable. This guy's an ambitious id1ot that really hasn't considered the wellbeing of those who'd actually be living in the building.

Well said Veritas.

High-rise is high maintenance. Kenyans like cutting corners. Not a good match.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2021, 04:40:33 PM »
Kenya buildings are solid - meant to last 50-100yrs - no dry or fake walls - like in the developed world. The climate in Nairobi doesn't require any heating or AC systems. Therefore outside fire - and I don't see a big problem. The service fee should be enough to hire enough people in Kibera slums to be clean it sparkling clean every day. Maybe just fixing water issues - if they depend on Nairobi Water - and you're stuck 50th floor.

So water is the only issue.

Fire is insurable and rarely happens in Nairobi.

The price is a bit steep - but the studio at 11M is fairly prized -and if you can convert to AirBnB of a sort - you could probably get 40-50 dollars a day - otherwise I don't see how you can rent it out for 100K per month or around to pay for itself.

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2021, 09:38:25 PM »
You sound confused. By your logic Nairobi would a collection of huts. Do you think the UN complex in Nairobi is dependent on what is going on in Kenya? Do you think the U.S. Embassy is dependent on Nairobi for anything? 88 Nairobi Condominium satisfied UN standards, among others. Put simply, 88 Nairobi Condominium was not built for Africans like you. This is a whole other level. This is why it's fascinating to me. It's like being in Europe while still in Kenya. Put bluntly: Being in Kenya without the bull of African mismanagement.  :D :D :D

Offline Gikomba_Hawker

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2021, 09:39:25 PM »
The target clientele are the estimated 40,000 executives and corporate employees working in the Upper Hill neighborhood, which lacked executive residential apartments, as of February 2018. The development would cut down on commute times and reduce the use of motorized transportation, as some executives might choose to walk to and from work.

88 Nairobi Condominium Tower
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_Nairobi_Condominium_Tower

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2021, 10:08:28 PM »
Veritas is the owner of this forum - and I don't think she is africa - she is an asian woman who inherited huge stash from her white adopted parents in Australia - and makes her own money too - so she could be your client :). Next time show some respect.
You sound confused. By your logic Nairobi would a collection of huts. Do you think the UN complex in Nairobi is dependent on what is going on in Kenya? Do you think the U.S. Embassy is dependent on Nairobi for anything? 88 Nairobi Condominium satisfied UN standards, among others. Put simply, 88 Nairobi Condominium was not built for Africans like you. This is a whole other level. This is why it's fascinating to me. It's like being in Europe while still in Kenya. Put bluntly: Being in Kenya without the bull of African mismanagement.  :D :D :D

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2021, 10:09:40 PM »
It will sell out - location is critical - and they nailed it.
The target clientele are the estimated 40,000 executives and corporate employees working in the Upper Hill neighborhood, which lacked executive residential apartments, as of February 2018. The development would cut down on commute times and reduce the use of motorized transportation, as some executives might choose to walk to and from work.

88 Nairobi Condominium Tower
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_Nairobi_Condominium_Tower