Author Topic: Zuma 15month jail  (Read 1427 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Zuma 15month jail
« on: June 29, 2021, 02:07:19 PM »
https://nation.africa/kenya/news/africa/court-jails-zuma-for-contempt--3454616

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Zuma 15month jail
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 02:59:18 PM »
If only we could repeat the same in Kenya. Kibaki would be in for stealing 2007 elections. Uhuru for looting too much from the Kenyan people. But, I forgot this is Kenya. Uhuru will be a free man come August 2022. Nobody will dare touch him as his succersor will just repeat what Uhuru did, loot the country dry.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 04:21:59 PM »
We learn from others. Good precedent. When Kenya annualed president election of sitting president  - it was unheard of - and now I think we have one or two do it. Malawi did it.

We cannot relate to developed world examples - so these local precedents are good. All it take is good daredevil judge to jail Uhuru. Like maraga did.

If only we could repeat the same in Kenya. Kibaki would be in for stealing 2007 elections. Uhuru for looting too much from the Kenyan people. But, I forgot this is Kenya. Uhuru will be a free man come August 2022. Nobody will dare touch him as his succersor will just repeat what Uhuru did, loot the country dry.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 05:07:49 PM »
We learn from others. Good precedent. When Kenya annualed president election of sitting president  - it was unheard of - and now I think we have one or two do it. Malawi did it.

We cannot relate to developed world examples - so these local precedents are good. All it take is good daredevil judge to jail Uhuru. Like maraga did.

As far as I can tell, America can also learn from this case.  The US system seems to have unravelled under just one term of Trump.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 07:44:51 PM »
US two party system has created political monster - with entrenched division - that likes of Trump take advantage. Elsewhere like in most Europe - especially latin or non-commonwealth countries where judges have suo moto powers - PORK retiring or serving are always at crossroads- one mistake they are in jail -they cant own the prosecutor or AG - because judges or anyone can initiate prosecution if there are facts.
As far as I can tell, America can also learn from this case.  The US system seems to have unravelled under just one term of Trump.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 08:07:40 PM »

This is a great thing, only if it happens.
If this was Kenya, the judge will disappear. Musando was murdered by politicians and nobody was brought to justice.
There should be no statute of limitations for any politician for any crime, even after death.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 08:10:08 PM »

Trump will be brought to justice, but it may take time.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 01:15:21 PM »
We give too much power to evil. This is why a full bus is harassed by one mouthy makanga. Maraga and his judges annulled the election and he is enjoying retirement. Likes of Odunga have been on it for years. Once you retire power shifts and the power brokers want to finish up you and your networks.

It is likely 20% of senior civil servants who have served in Jubilee will die in court corridors since corruption war was weaponized.

If this was Kenya, the judge will disappear. Musando was murdered by politicians and nobody was brought to justice.
There should be no statute of limitations for any politician for any crime, even after death.

I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 01:20:57 PM »
Yes in kenya - we don't have real cartels or gangs or mafias or fratenities - so the fear is unreal - once the powerful are caught in crossfire - they are abandoned - and once out of power - like Prof Bitange says - the phone quiten - and nobody cares about you - ni mashida na malawyer sasa. That is why majority prefer to join politics - after civil services -  to keep at it - otherwise these big boys - once out power and out of elective politics - you can eat githeri in kamiti easily

So our impunity is easy to deal with.

We give too much power to evil. This is why a full bus is harassed by one mouthy makanga. Maraga and his judges annulled the election and he is enjoying retirement. Likes of Odunga have been on it for years. Once you retire power shifts and the power brokers want to finish up you and your networks.

It is likely 20% of senior civil servants who have served in Jubilee will die in court corridors since corruption war was weaponized.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2021, 09:33:26 AM »

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 10:12:45 AM »
Cok2010 ni mambo mbaya; anybody doing illegal stuff without any written order from above; will fry himself soon; the man is above the law until he is fired; meanwhile the jail term or heavy fine is waiting; it like those moi era fatcats who stole public utilities; build themselves nice stuff; only fro sany to descend on them 20yrs late when they are nobodies.

Cok2010 is mambo biad. It addresses the impunities of the previous misbehaviors. It will come to bite. Ma-laywer will finish you before Serikali get you.

Just for the records. The person is above the law in Kenya.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2021, 01:29:31 AM »
He has gone to jail