Author Topic: Wabukusu Wanajua Kuchonga. Mukhisa Kituyi's Artistic Dick  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
Re: Wabukusu Wanajua Kuchonga. Mukhisa Kituyi's Artistic Dick
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2021, 09:47:28 AM »
Dont confuse the Imentis for Merus. The Imentis loved Kibaki - actually that is not true - they were with FORD Jaramogi before quiting to join DP in 1997.

The other merus were stuck with KANU for a long time. Merus you could say are divided into two -Imentis and Non-Imentis - who are very enterprising and progressive - and others who can be violent and retrogressive.

Imentis make up I think nearly 50 percent - so they tend to dominate. They are settled almost kikuyu like agriculturalist . Kiraitus and Muthauras etc.

The other Merus are admixture of Kambas, Samburus and Boranas - and their world view tend to be a little different - they can be crude and violent - these are munyas and linturi

One thing I noticed about Meru is they are loyal to the core.
Example is their love for Kibaki in 92,97,2002 and 2007. Kikuyus in between shifted goals or divided their votes.
Ive never understood that loyalty to Kibaki apart from romours that he is a descendant of Meru .Uhuru inherited the hate of Raila as proven now The loyalty shift has moved to Ruto.
Pundit you don't seem to understand Merus. You need to visit the region and interact with people not to rely on bar talk with meru barmaids who won't give the whole picture. Imentis make about 30 percent the tigania/igembe about 40% Chuka Tharaka will make the rest. Kibaki was loved everywhere in Meru not just imenti.
But you very true that the rest of merus are mixed with Samburu,Kamba and Borana and they seem to be more violent and retrogressive especially the northern ones.
Tigania/igembe are the most business like you find them even  in somalia. imentis most educated since thats where bazungu settled. All Merus are agriculturalists and in agribusiness.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2021, 09:55:33 AM »
Yes I would say nearly all Merus I have found them to be very enterprising and hardworking. That is pretty impressive. I think Merus generally have a problem with slavery or working under a boss...so they tend to want to start their own thing. Unlike say Kambas or Luhyas who just want stability in their lives.

Chukas are just Embus. Embus are kikuyus mixed with Kambas...so I would say Mbeere,  Kirinyangas, Tharakas, Ichukas - are admixture of kikuyu and Kambas. The proto-kikuyu being a Muranga person- for Nyeri has lots of Maasai blood and the Kiambu has lots of Maasai and aboriginal blood.

Now Imentis - are probably close to chukas - but I find them more progressive - thanks to that education.

Tiganias/Igembes - are mixture of Samburus and Boranas - with Proto-Meru- and tend to have the pastoralist kind of mien.

So who is a meru - I think the Imentis - would be Proto-Meru.

Pundit you don't seem to understand Merus. You need to visit the region and interact with people not to rely on bar talk with meru barmaids who won't give the whole picture. Imentis make about 30 percent the tigania/igembe about 40% Chuka Tharaka will make the rest. Kibaki was loved everywhere in Meru not just imenti.
But you very true that the rest of merus are mixed with Samburu,Kamba and Borana and they seem to be more violent and retrogressive especially the northern ones.
Tigania/igembe are the most business like you find them even  in somalia. imentis most educated since thats where bazungu settled. All Merus are agriculturalists and in agribusiness.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2021, 10:30:05 AM »
Yes I would say nearly all Merus I have found them to be very enterprising and hardworking. That is pretty impressive. I think Merus generally have a problem with slavery or working under a boss...so they tend to want to start their own thing. Unlike say Kambas or Luhyas who just want stability in their lives.

Chukas are just Embus. Embus are kikuyus mixed with Kambas...so I would say Mbeere,  Kirinyangas, Tharakas, Ichukas - are admixture of kikuyu and Kambas. The proto-kikuyu being a Muranga person- for Nyeri has lots of Maasai blood and the Kiambu has lots of Maasai and aboriginal blood.

Now Imentis - are probably close to chukas - but I find them more progressive - thanks to that education.

Tiganias/Igembes - are mixture of Samburus and Boranas - with Proto-Meru- and tend to have the pastoralist kind of mien.

So who is a meru - I think the Imentis - would be Proto-Meru.

Yes that's a good statement but also know between imenti you stll find difference s North imenti have mixture with masaai and almost to a level like tigania. Central and south imenti would be the most pure of Merus

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2021, 04:27:52 PM »
Very correct Noway.Merus are very loyal people. Once you have their trust they will back you undivided to a man. I doubt Kibaki had Meru ancestry but because he understood Merus and benefitted them they followed him more than Kikuyu. This is Kikuyu propaganda that he was Meru. Actually Kikuyu hated Kibaki apart from Nyeri. Unlike Kikuyus too Merus don't have that ukabila. Merus didn't have a problem with Luos and Jaramogi till he said he wants to rule for 5 minutes hence splitting opposition,thats when Merus started having difference with Luo. Again Meru voted Uhuru thinking he will benefit them like Kenyatta did,Kenyatta snr used to speak fluent Meru and actually translatted for Merus during meetings with beberus as Merus didn't understand any English then, he understood Merus very well. But gatheca comes to Meru and speaks to them in Kikuyu, of course we have little problem understanding Kikuyu but thats overly patronizing.
Ruto himself severally jokes on how Merus are loyal

Cosign this, I joke about Meru violence but the few friends I had among them were moral upstanding people, wapole sana tena, hawana geugeu. Unlike Kikuyu you could actually trust them in financial matters, with Kiuks mna ongeya bei when he delivers the products he changes the invoice, crooked to the hilt :D
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2021, 05:58:17 PM »
Yes violent one are the less educated. Otherwise most Merus I also known are good people.
Cosign this, I joke about Meru violence but the few friends I had among them were moral upstanding people, wapole sana tena, hawana geugeu. Unlike Kikuyu you could actually trust them in financial matters, with Kiuks mna ongeya bei when he delivers the products he changes the invoice, crooked to the hilt :D

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2021, 08:25:57 AM »
Ruto will get almost 90% in 2022 elections in Meru .

Kibaki rewarded Merus handsomely . There is a time they controlled the most powerful Ministries of Finance / Constitution / Energy and head of Public Service .

But Mbiuki, who hosted Uhuru on Friday, feels the Meru politics will not change much. He said though residents were not interested in stopping "political tourists" from visiting the two Meru counties, they would back Uhuru.

"At one point, the Ameru had seven PSs under Kibaki

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/between-the-sheets/article/2000042989/post-kibaki-plan-splits-meru-mps

Very correct Noway.Merus are very loyal people. Once you have their trust they will back you undivided to a man. I doubt Kibaki had Meru ancestry but because he understood Merus and benefitted them they followed him more than Kikuyu. This is Kikuyu propaganda that he was Meru. Actually Kikuyu hated Kibaki apart from Nyeri. Unlike Kikuyus too Merus don't have that ukabila. Merus didn't have a problem with Luos and Jaramogi till he said he wants to rule for 5 minutes hence splitting opposition,thats when Merus started having difference with Luo. Again Meru voted Uhuru thinking he will benefit them like Kenyatta did,Kenyatta snr used to speak fluent Meru and actually translatted for Merus during meetings with beberus as Merus didn't understand any English then, he understood Merus very well. But gatheca comes to Meru and speaks to them in Kikuyu, of course we have little problem understanding Kikuyu but thats overly patronizing.
Ruto himself severally jokes on how Merus are loyal