Author Topic: Is Israel An Aparthed State?  (Read 706 times)

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
Is Israel An Aparthed State?
« on: June 15, 2021, 12:33:13 AM »

https://theintercept.com/2021/06/11/political-system-unites-to-condemn-ilhan-omar-for-telling-the-truth/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=The%20Intercept%20Newsletter

Marching together not just on economics.
That Ilhan Omar lynching is one of the events along the way that defined what has become my political position in the past two years.

1. It got me completely off the "moderate conservatives pundits" audience. I used to watch a select few, like Ben Shapiro, to understand what was going on the right. That's because I knew the reporting is thoroughly skewed, so I said, "If you want t know about conservatives, listen to conservatives; if you want to know about liberals, listen to liberals: Don't go with their smears of each other." I believed until Ilhan Omar's lynching that these "free speech" conservatives were just traditional-minded people of good faith. When they complained about the cancel mobs in colleges and Twitter, I could totally understand. When they said, "Don't presume racism based on vague imaginary 'dog-whistle' claims" and demanded explicit evidence for claims of bigotry, I didn't agree but I at least believed they believed what they were saying, i.e., were arguing in good faith. I just thought their privilege blinded them from seeing all the hurdles blacker folk have to go through to get much of the same stuff they took for granted. The champion of this brigade was Shapiro.

Then . . . Shapiro literally ignited a mob and set it upon Ilhan Omar with MADE-UP antisemitism. He literally pretended she criticized JEWS when every single one of her "problematic" tweets carried only direct criticisms of the Israel state, its govt, its lobbies in the US, and the U.S. law-makers trying to establish Israeli support as some kind of legally mandated position for all Americans through the anti-BDS law. Those standards about not presuming bigotry through 'dog whistle' claims? Vanished. :D The underbelly of hate that came to the fore on the right!!! My goodness. I think calling it hate understates that ugly that came to the fore. Ilhan literally exposed the sheer visceral hatred that exists huko chini among these, so-called, good-faith actors. After that, I engaged these free-speech advocates on this Ilhan issue, and not ONE of them ever conceded that whole reaction was at least shocking. So much for their complaint about cancel culture: :D They just don't like it when it targets them, but they are happy to do it to their version of "deplorables" (She was Black, African, Muslim, and hijab-wearing, and that made her criticism of American or Israeli policies unbearable, apparently). They even pretended she was ugly :o As if . . .  (Add to this them losing their minds over Colin Kaepernick's very simple, SILENT, short protest/demonstration re police brutality). They just have different standards for CANCELLING, because they have different sacred cows (Israel and the Military being the most prominent) but they are not in any way averse to cancelling.

2. It also added more to my suspicions (by then they were just suspicions) that the DNC serves the same master as the RNC. They literally went along with this Right-Wing lynching, all pretending that Ilhan had smeared Jews, when each one knew she had only criticized ISRAEL, AIPAC, and the Anti-BDS bill. Pelosi and crowd sanctioned her and essentially forced her to issue an unwarranted apology. I believe ONLY Bernie Sanders, a JEW, stood up for her and called out the hate and bigotry being directed at her by right-wingers. I realized these guys are not ant-right-wing in the true sense of the term right-wing. I mean, everyone who could read would've seen there was ZERO antisemitism in Ilhan's posts. In addition, she called for a boycott against Saudi Arabia urging Muslims to boycott the Hajj (for their genocidal rampage in Yemen among other atrocities) in the same terms as she was calling out Israel. They all ignored all that and allowed talking heads everywhere from the view to more serious platforms to pretend she had attacked Jews. I felt gaslit! The whole thing was beyond bizarre.

America is right-wing(Dems and Republicans) when it comes to Israel and foreign policy.  It was much worse in the past.  So bad, that after 9-11, C-SPAN stopped giving airtime(even at the usual ungodly hours) to people like Noam Chomsky and his ilk. 

The internet and social media has provided an outlet for the previously suppressed sentiments against both Israeli apartheid and US crimes in the foreign domain.  Another point in favor of treating everybody equally on social media platforms.

How is Israel apartheid? Israel bashing has become a fetish among the liberals.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 05:42:34 PM by bitmask »
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 05:28:21 PM »
In the 1990's Desmond Tutu was the patron of the Jewisch Community in South Africa. On a trip to Israel he lated commented having been to Israel he came face to face with apartheid again.
Is Desmond Tutu a "liberal" or anti-Semite?
Face the truth, Israel is a racist country. Not only are the Arabs living in Israel discriminated against, but also the minority of Jews who originate from Ethiopia.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 05:43:00 PM by bitmask »

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 05:40:23 PM »
In the 1990's Desmond Tutu was the patron of the Jewisch Community in South Africa. On a trip to Israel he lated commented having been to Israel he came face to face with apartheid again.
Face the truth, Israel is a racist country. Not only are the Arabs living in Israel discriminated against, but also the minority of Jews who originate from Ethiopia.

Some of the most racist(actually the most racist) people I have had the misfortune to work with are Israelis.  Closely followed by Russians.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 05:43:15 PM by bitmask »
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 05:59:35 PM »
Some of the most racist(actually the most racist) people I have had the misfortune to work with are Israelis.  Closely followed by Russians.

That maybe so but that doesn't make Israel an apartheid state. I think some have misconstrued their legitimate security precautions as apartheid. Remember they are dealing with Islamic fanatics like AS who won't hesitate to hide behind civilians to cause mayhem.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 05:43:24 PM by bitmask »
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 06:10:55 PM »

Tutu is a pretentious clown who doesn't know what he is talking about, if he want to see real apartheid let him visit Arab countries where blacks are treated as sub humans, look at the treatment of our maids in the Arab Gulf, in Mauritania slavery exists RIGHT NOW in the 21st century. When have Arabs ever been nice to blacks? Witness the brutal mistreatment of black migrants in Libya, etc. It is a huge double standard going on with respect to the treatment of Israel. The Israeli Palestinian conflict unfortunately has become a cause celebre that indulges all sorts of prejudices in folks. 

I don't support everything they do obviously like their treatment of Ethiopians but they are way ahead of Arabs. Jews have a right to their own nation and homeland. People forget Arabs usurped Palestine like they have done most of the Middle East and North Africa. Heck they are even occupying our own Mijikenda land in the Coast. You guys need to know your enemies from your friends.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 05:43:37 PM by bitmask »

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 06:42:57 PM »
I want to keep this thread a bit more focused on the power of social media, censorship, the internet and regulations without straying too far off.  Though I agree that individual racism is not the same thing as state racism, it's fairly well known that Israel keeps Palestinians(who are not citizens) in subhuman conditions.  But that is something for a different thread.

No it does not. I see the same reflexive regurgitated anti Israel messaging from liberals everywhere nowadays. Israel is their latest hobby horse. You fell for it hard. Be independent minded.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 05:43:46 PM by bitmask »

• Enigma
Re: Is Israel An Aparthed State?
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2021, 05:50:39 PM »
I want to keep this thread a bit more focused on the power of social media, censorship, the internet and regulations without straying too far off.  Though I agree that individual racism is not the same thing as state racism, it's fairly well known that Israel keeps Palestinians(who are not citizens) in subhuman conditions.  But that is something for a different thread.

No it does not. I see the same reflexive regurgitated anti Israel messaging from liberals everywhere nowadays. Israel is their latest hobby horse. You fell for it hard. Be independent minded.

Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid by Jimmy Carter is as good a place as any to familiarize oneself with the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2021, 05:53:50 PM »

That maybe so but that doesn't make Israel an apartheid state. I think some have misconstrued their legitimate security precautions as apartheid. Remember they are dealing with Islamic fanatics like AS who won't hesitate to hide behind civilians to cause mayhem.

Hamas is more like uMkhonto we Sizwe than Al-Shabaab.  I am not aware of them hitting any targets not related to Israel. No links Al-Shabaab/ISIS/Al-Quaeda whatsoever.

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 06:21:20 PM »
OBVIOUSLY. It almost NAZI like - beyond the pale.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 07:43:57 PM »

Hamas is more like uMkhonto we Sizwe than Al-Shabaab.  I am not aware of them hitting any targets not related to Israel. No links Al-Shabaab/ISIS/Al-Quaeda whatsoever.

You are woefully misinformed but I will address that in another post. But a more fundamental question?

Do Jews have a right to their own homeland and nation state?