Author Topic: Agreed - Banning Trump an assault on democracy and free speech.  (Read 9699 times)

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
Re: Agreed - Banning Trump an assault on democracy and free speech.
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2021, 11:49:29 AM »
I just saw this. A new court battle is startting in Ohio (a Republican state). They are asking for Google to be declared a common carrier.

That's the point we've been making all along. A common carrier cannot claim to censor content. It should simply act like a pipe carrying water.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2021, 01:31:39 PM »
I just saw this. A new court battle is startting in Ohio (a Republican state). They are asking for Google to be declared a common carrier.

That's the point we've been making all along. A common carrier cannot claim to censor content. It should simply act like a pipe carrying water.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2021, 04:44:14 PM »
You're about to get it. Market dominance - the bells of regulations start to ring.

• Enigma
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2021, 05:23:01 PM »
You're about to get it. Market dominance - the bells of regulations start to ring.

I might get it if you explain how that is relevant, in the case of the social media companies.  Merely being a good product in demand is not enough for the kind of interventions you appear to have in mind.

"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

• Enigma
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2021, 06:25:11 PM »
Some of the most racist(actually the most racist) people I have had the misfortune to work with are Israelis.  Closely followed by Russians.

That maybe so but that doesn't make Israel an apartheid state. I think some have misconstrued their legitimate security precautions as apartheid. Remember they are dealing with Islamic fanatics like AS who won't hesitate to hide behind civilians to cause mayhem.

I want to keep this thread a bit more focused on the power of social media, censorship, the internet and regulations without straying too far off.  Though I agree that individual racism is not the same thing as state racism, it's fairly well known that Israel keeps Palestinians(who are not citizens) in subhuman conditions.  But that is something for a different thread.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2021, 07:44:33 AM »
Edit: Never mind . . . Not worth it. :D

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2021, 03:45:01 PM »

Why did you chicken out bat soup lover?
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2021, 04:48:22 PM »

Why did you chicken out bat soup lover?

Lol, are u twelve? :D Even ur insults scream soft in the head.

I admit invincible ignorance in an anonymous moniker presents an intimating challenge to attempt to tackle. Threw in the towel.

• Enigma
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2021, 05:16:43 PM »
I screwed up.  I tried to split the topic but instead lost some posts.

Harriet Tubman

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2021, 05:27:09 PM »
I say good riddance :D 2021 isn't the time to make a whole thread explaining that old issue, researched and discussed ad nauseum. Anybody who doesn't know at this stage. . . doesn't want to. Simple.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2021, 09:47:22 PM »
Now the big tech companies have banned American Frontline Doctors and removed their website for alleged disinformation on Covid. Like the bootleg days, it only works to drive things underground. Chang'aa is still sold and drank in Kenya despite Moi's spirited efforts against it. Not that opposing Covid is illegal, but removing websites does not stop people from seeing the plannedemic as another big heax from the usual suspects.
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma