Author Topic: Ethiopia Nobel Laurate on a slippery slope...threaten the US  (Read 581 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
The Nobel committee must be regretting awarding somebody in their 40s :). It was easy to release political players and restore diplomacy with Eritrea - the hard part is governing.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/africa/2021-05-24-ethiopia-could-reassess-relations-with-us/

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Ethiopia Nobel Laurate on a slippery slope...threaten the US
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 06:44:38 AM »
Now using chemical weapon..I warned here that it was not going to be easy to beat tigrays in their mountains..now Ethiopia gov is struggling in a endless civil war
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 05:00:03 PM by RV Pundit »

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 04:43:47 PM »
I thought that war was over and won(by Ethiopia).  The Horn seems to be cursed with these tribals that will fight, even suicidally, just for pride.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 05:00:45 PM »
You don't corner a cat. You give them an escape route. Otherwise they have nothing to lose. You cannot win against these tribes or nation in their god forsaken territories. You go in quickly and come out. Fighting people who are already in mortal combat with desertification is not wise. You just join their long list of enemies - poverty, climate change, disease, name. It's survival for the fittest. And worse when they have cover like Mountains or forests...that make air power irrelevant.

This is US in afgan or Kenya in Somalia (a war that cannot be won).

US is telling Ethiopia proud Amharas to negotiate but they cannot imagine being beaten by Tigray.

I thought that war was over and won(by Ethiopia).  The Horn seems to be cursed with these tribals that will fight, even suicidally, just for pride.