Author Topic: Third wave is serious  (Read 5083 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Third wave is serious
« on: May 12, 2021, 03:49:25 PM »
3 of my cousins were in hospital in serious critical condition 2 are out with damaged lungs. One lungs are so damaged he is on oxygen and may be on it for the rest of his life.

All my cousins are in the late 50s and early 60s

Stay safe people. Covid is wrecking lives

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Third wave is serious
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 04:02:49 PM »
Pole. This is Kenya? or US.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 05:39:48 PM »
Kenya. It is bad

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 05:43:03 PM »
3 of my cousins were in hospital in serious critical condition 2 are out with damaged lungs. One lungs are so damaged he is on oxygen and may be on it for the rest of his life.

All my cousins are in the late 50s and early 60s

Stay safe people. Covid is wrecking lives

As long as they get out OK the lung will heal, but expect a very slow healing.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 05:44:50 PM »
Damn..yes mine was milder..but I was still drying coughing for a month.
Kenya. It is bad

Offline Pragmatic

• Mega superstar
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 06:49:55 PM »
It is bad, a couple of friends lost (and i don't say this casually!), some really very healthy and robust prior to this. I pray to not get anywhere near this until i get my full vaccination (to manage the worst of it if it ever gets me).

Kidero has just has just survived it by the skin of his teeth and only left hospital last weekend after almost a month in ICU.

I hope he got his Damascus moment like Kiraitu & Wako. See here the scheme he had perfected to defraud City Hall.... jointly with his scheming and thieving lawyers led by Prof. Ojienda (whom he started this thieving with at Mumias Sugar) and others...

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/bd/economy/eacc-eyes-seizure-of-kidero-s-luxury-apartments-3397024

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 09:52:49 PM »
Been having a cold since last week, on friday got worse no taste or smell I took over the counter medication didn't improve shortness of breath begun on monday got tested for covid came negative took some antibiotics, today still shortness of breath continues, went back to another hospital doc says its pneumonia after doing xrays and haeomgram gave me more antibiotics. After some minutes called me back in his office told me he suspects covid gave me zinc and vitamin c. I feel slightly better am just praying God tomorrow I wake up better. This shortness of breath is most scariest thing.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 09:58:49 PM »
Take care Njuri, dont panic . The Pneumonia stage is the worst. Make sure you check your oxygen levels. You might be healed of Covid but probably you have Covid Pneumonia. Get Well Soon.

Been having a cold since last week, on friday got worse no taste or smell I took over the counter medication didn't improve shortness of breath begun monday got tested for covid came negative took some antibiotics today still shortness of breath continues, went back to another hospital doc says its pneumonia after doing xrays and haeomgram gave me more antibiotics. After some minutes called me back in his office told me he suspects covid gave me zinc and vitamin c. I feel slightly better am just praying God tomorrow I wake up better. This shortness of breath is most scariest thing.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 10:06:44 PM »
Take care Njuri, dont panic . The Pneumonia stage is the worst. Make sure you check your oxygen levels. You might be healed of Covid but probably you have Covid Pneumonia. Get Well Soon.

Been having a cold since last week, on friday got worse no taste or smell I took over the counter medication didn't improve shortness of breath begun monday got tested for covid came negative took some antibiotics today still shortness of breath continues, went back to another hospital doc says its pneumonia after doing xrays and haeomgram gave me more antibiotics. After some minutes called me back in his office told me he suspects covid gave me zinc and vitamin c. I feel slightly better am just praying God tomorrow I wake up better. This shortness of breath is most scariest thing.
Thanks Noway,Appears so I know have been in contact with covid postive people thats why I went for the test after my symptoms couldn't heal. I thank God because my body fought all symptoms except shortness of breath am getting so tired just by changing car tyre till had to rest in between opening the nuts and sweating crazy. But now am feeling an improvement after taking the zinc and vitamin c. This thing is scary my oxygen level today is 96  monday was 94  so I thank God .

Offline mankind

• Superstar
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 11:59:10 PM »
 Get well soon Njuri. As Noway said above make sure to monitor your oxygen levels, get an oximeter for home use and don't strain yourself doing anything that leaves you with shortness of breath.  I had to avoid going downstairs just because coming back upstairs was a pain. Luckily you seem not to be having those crazy headaches because they almost drove me crazy and I had to go to the emergency room at 3 in the morning.  Long term everyone is having that general feeling of tiredness for weeks after getting well. You might experience covid fog for a while.  The first week I went back to work I would forget small procedures for things I took for granted.  I remember a friend of mine we fly together and we we doing a check ride and I kept getting things wrong or sometimes I just drew a complete blank and the guy was very worried.  I found an article on covid fog and send it to him to assure him I was going to be ok. Hopefully you get better and get back to what you do soon.Take care sir.

https://www.kcra.com/article/for-many-sufferers-of-lingering-covid-19-symptoms-proving-they-are-sick-is-a-big-part-of-the-battle/36087045#

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 12:17:07 AM »
Look like covid. You want to be near hospital with oxygen. You oxygen levels will drop.
Been having a cold since last week, on friday got worse no taste or smell I took over the counter medication didn't improve shortness of breath begun on monday got tested for covid came negative took some antibiotics, today still shortness of breath continues, went back to another hospital doc says its pneumonia after doing xrays and haeomgram gave me more antibiotics. After some minutes called me back in his office told me he suspects covid gave me zinc and vitamin c. I feel slightly better am just praying God tomorrow I wake up better. This shortness of breath is most scariest thing.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 07:19:20 AM »
Get well soon Njuri. As Noway said above make sure to monitor your oxygen levels, get an oximeter for home use and don't strain yourself doing anything that leaves you with shortness of breath.  I had to avoid going downstairs just because coming back upstairs was a pain. Luckily you seem not to be having those crazy headaches because they almost drove me crazy and I had to go to the emergency room at 3 in the morning.  Long term everyone is having that general feeling of tiredness for weeks after getting well. You might experience covid fog for a while.  The first week I went back to work I would forget small procedures for things I took for granted.  I remember a friend of mine we fly together and we we doing a check ride and I kept getting things wrong or sometimes I just drew a complete blank and the guy was very worried.  I found an article on covid fog and send it to him to assure him I was going to be ok. Hopefully you get better and get back to what you do soon.Take care sir.

https://www.kcra.com/article/for-many-sufferers-of-lingering-covid-19-symptoms-proving-they-are-sick-is-a-big-part-of-the-battle/36087045#
Thanks mankind my symptoms came fast and went off within 5 days but the tiredness shortness of breath couldn't go. I have woken up today feeling much better the zinc and vitamin c is working plus the new antibiotics am taking. My chest doesn't feel heavy as before, I know I will be healed I will be checking my oxygen levels closely. Yesterday night I did 10 pushups just to be sure am not running out of breath . I never hard headache or fever just loss of taste smell tiredness and general cold symptoms.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 07:23:40 AM »
Look like covid. You want to be near hospital with oxygen. You oxygen levels will drop.
No they won't because I am closely monitoring myself and took quick medical action so am doing fine above all I believe in God. I am on day 8 since symptoms begun and can tell that covid or whatever it is will be vanquished.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2021, 09:50:41 AM »
Great Njuri. Keep your spirits high. There is nothing they will do in hospital except oxygen and those zincs/vitamin you're taking.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2021, 11:01:20 AM »
Great Njuri. Keep your spirits high. There is nothing they will do in hospital except oxygen and those zincs/vitamin you're taking.
Exactly thanks. Am feeling much better today in high spirits shortness of breath is going away.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2021, 11:34:24 AM »
Wish you Njuri a quick recovery.
This thing is very serious especially if you are above 50 years old.
Lost now two elderly neighbours in Nairobi to covid-19.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2021, 12:25:54 PM »
Yeah the wave is sweeping aged parents going by the facebook mourning I am witnessing on my timeline and in the village. Children from urban slums needed to be kept away from the old timers over the holidays but with urban-rural readjustments this will persist. The schools socialization won't help either.

I have avoided the oldies since last year having marked myself a risk factor. The kids detest the idea but I have explained with facts and blah de bleh on the virus.

Nobody is giving a shit about those dying away from Nairobi or hospitals all over mashinani. No records whatsoever, no efforts.

Even governors like Kiraitu who claim to have sijui Damscus are doing nothing. It is even crazy for a person living public monies claiming they will become more selfish. It is epic madharau, not a red pill moment.

Njuri seem alright, just like the matatu conductors all over. Maafaks have quite good genetic or nurtured cards with them.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution