Author Topic: Termie, Plato - this is a good bill  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Termie, Plato - this is a good bill
« on: April 23, 2021, 04:55:17 AM »
It will be cheaper to buy into Medicare than private insurance.
Most people who loose jobs in their 40s and 50s cant afford health insurance.
Plumbers, electricians, etc

https://www.yahoo.com/money/new-bill-would-allow-americans-aged-50-64-to-buy-into-medicare-expanding-options-213115933.html

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Re: Termie, Plato - this is a good bill
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 06:04:03 AM »
this a backdoor welfare to Red states. In West Virginia alone, I think about 1/3 of this demographic is on "disability" I know red towns in NORTH East where every other deplorable is on disability

anyway it is a good bill. It brings us closer to Universal healthcare

Obamacare is shit for hard workers. If you get the subsidy and all a sudden your income goes up you are looking at a hefty bill at the end of tax year. One of my tax planning clients was to pay back $8,200. The good thing is that  ARP bill forgave those that owe money in 2020. The first thing I told my client is to NOT take obamacare but to take her employer health insurance

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 03:55:11 AM »
Yap West Virginia, KY, TN are havens of welfare states.
Obamacare is too complicated.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 03:47:32 PM »
US healthcare seems to get just too complicated when you do anything beyond a wellness panel.  And this is before you factor in surprise billing.  I gave up trying to wrap my head around it.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 04:32:25 PM »
US healthcare seems to get just too complicated when you do anything beyond a wellness panel.  And this is before you factor in surprise billing.  I gave up trying to wrap my head around it.

That is what happens when government gets involved in any sector of the economy. You get a vortex of complexity, bloat, fraud, waste, inefficiency, etc.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 05:48:35 PM »
Yap West Virginia, KY, TN are havens of welfare states.
Obamacare is too complicated.

Agreed it is a nightmare

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 03:58:56 AM »

That is what happens when government gets involved in any sector of the economy. You get a vortex of complexity, bloat, fraud, waste, inefficiency, etc.

When govt does nothing, Like Kenyans being placed in ICUs just for oxygen, you end up with greedy MFs. Surprise billing is one of the ways hospitals made lotsa cash - now its gone.

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 07:34:27 AM »
When govt does nothing, Like Kenyans being placed in ICUs just for oxygen, you end up with greedy MFs. Surprise billing is one of the ways hospitals made lotsa cash - now its gone.

Trust me it would be 100X worse if the government was involved in our healthcare. Private hospitals function, their doctors get paid unlike those that work in the public sector.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.