Author Topic: Not all gloomy - KRA surpass target  (Read 3542 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Not all gloomy - KRA surpass target
« on: April 03, 2021, 05:02:48 PM »
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/business-news/article/2001408395/kra-revenue-grows-to-sh1446b

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
Re: Not all gloomy - KRA surpass target
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 06:21:21 AM »
Does it reflects economic activity or it's IMF/world bank cash injection used to import medications and pay loans....

I have seen a banner showing over KES 700B loans received over past year!

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 08:45:33 AM »
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/business-news/article/2001408395/kra-revenue-grows-to-sh1446b
Actually apart from custom and border departments that outperformed as companies and individuals import raw materials & equipment to cover for penned up demand from last year shutdowns. And increased resumption of exports of horticulture and even coffee. The domestic departs e.g vat aren't meeting greatly reduced targets, this is a clear indication of very weak economy.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 10:36:29 AM »
Agreed but if gov somehow survive 2021 lockdown/vacinnes - and global economy improves in 2nd half - then gov may escape IMF bailout; although it looking likely IMF will be running treasury very soon.
Actually apart from custom and border departments that outperformed as companies and individuals import raw materials & equipment to cover for penned up demand from last year shutdowns. And increased resumption of exports of horticulture and even coffee. The domestic departs e.g vat aren't meeting greatly reduced targets, this is a clear indication of very weak economy.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 07:12:39 PM »
They need to pump everyone with vaccine and open up. In the end people will have to pick between starvation and virus. Those IMF billions are enough to jab 70% of Kenyans.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 09:35:50 PM »
The money for the vaccines is not the problem at the moment, but the availbility of the vaccines is wanting. Too many countries chasing the same items. It will take another six months before the demand of the vaccines can be met with the supply.

They need to pump everyone with vaccine and open up. In the end people will have to pick between starvation and virus. Those IMF billions are enough to jab 70% of Kenyans.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 01:43:24 AM »
Most experts fear that the longer COVID stays on the ground the more variants it creates. This can make current vaccines redundant.

Offline Nowayhaha

• VIP
  • Enigma

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 01:06:59 PM »
Where is the Sputnik V they have banned coming from? They should order it in shiploads.

The money for the vaccines is not the problem at the moment, but the availbility of the vaccines is wanting. Too many countries chasing the same items. It will take another six months before the demand of the vaccines can be met with the supply.

I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 01:13:54 PM »
Kadudu you know most western countries have hoarded more doses than they need for the entire population. It is called vaccine nationalism. I don't buy the shortage BS - vaccines are not electronics... you don't need to smelt steel, it's almost a photocopy process. The research took time so it's been a year but now supplies are there.