Author Topic: Just a question...  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
Just a question...
« on: October 09, 2014, 05:52:22 PM »
Is Kenya a highly religious country, or just a country that pretends to be religious?
If so, how come these highly religious people condon corruption, murder, injustice, at very high levels?
Example;
If Kenya were a religious society, IDPs will have gone back.
If Kenya were a religious society, murderers could not be worshipped at the levels we see.
                                                      corruption at all levels could not be practiced at high levels.
    ''              ''      ''                         police couldn't be killing people and getting away with it.

There are so many murderers in Kenya in high positions that the society need to get rid of if it claims to be a place where religion guides the country's principles. Otherwise religion should not be used to guide the country's principles. Voodoo practices should be the moral principles guiding the country.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
Re: Just a question...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 06:10:34 PM »
Ha ha! If you first understand that Kenya is a multireligious country and that the dominant religion is the tribe, everything will start making sense. :D When I say multireligious, I mean that a single individual in Kenya is generally multireligious. 8)
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »
Religion is supposed to point out a wrong. Any wrong done to anyone should send shivers down the spine. I remember when Moi caused rifts between tribes and everyone was up in arms. But it doesnt seem that way anymore. Morality has taken the back burner and money is worshipped at the expense of anything and everything. If one has money but no morality, they are senators, Mpig, Governor, etc. It doesnt matter whether you are a robber or your family was in robbery business.

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 06:47:51 PM »
It depends on what you call religion. Some are there for business really.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »
Parkerpen,

You conflate morality and religion.  Those are two independent things.

The Negro, as far as I can tell is an amoral creature.  One could blame colonialism.  Poverty.  MTV.  Anything.

Whatever one blames, the Negro society has a very high tolerance for what in other normal societies would only be tolerated under situations of complete social breakdown.

There is no moral compass.  Lots of finger-pointing though.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 06:56:34 PM »
Thats another sad thing. It has hit Africa real hard. Pastors with their own jets!!! The humble pope recently moved to an apartment instead of the papal residency.
Back to the topic
The Sonko Model seems to be working. Morality does not matter, money matters. Kenyatta is a big fan of Sonko's model, so why would you expect any better from Kenyans?

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 07:00:44 PM »
Termie,
Morality is a product of religion. They are dependent on one another. You can have morality without religion. Even agnostic is a religion. Atheists are religious too.

Parkerpen,

The Negro, as far as I can tell is an amoral creature.  One could blame colonialism.  Poverty.  MTV.  Anything.

Whatever one blames, the Negro society has a very high tolerance for what in other normal societies would only be tolerated under situations of complete social breakdown.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 07:14:39 PM »
Termie,
Morality is a product of religion. They are dependent on one another. You can have morality without religion. Even agnostic is a religion. Atheists are religious too.

Parkerpen,

I would say it's the other way round.  Religion a product of morality.  In some cases a product of runaway morality.  Knowing and appreciating the difference between right and wrong requires no religion.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 07:17:15 PM »
Thats another sad thing. It has hit Africa real hard. Pastors with their own jets!!! The humble pope recently moved to an apartment instead of the papal residency.
Back to the topic
The Sonko Model seems to be working. Morality does not matter, money matters. Kenyatta is a big fan of Sonko's model, so why would you expect any better from Kenyans?

Really sad. We are in the era of planting seed and it is not cheap seed.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 07:20:56 PM »
Did Kenyatta attend church regularly as a young man, or he now uses it at his convenience?
Am trying to understand why he worships Sonko.
If one really believes in a God, Sonko should not be your model when you are a leader of a country.

Offline Olekoima

• Mega superstar
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 07:23:25 PM »
Worships Sonko? I like that :D