Author Topic: Pundit are drinking in a bar daily  (Read 1228 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Pundit are drinking in a bar daily
« on: July 24, 2020, 03:26:43 AM »
I know Kenyans like to go to bars and drink are you do so during a Pandemic. It seems an average Kenyan can't stay in the house the whole day. I think staying in the house is western thing

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
Re: Pundit are drinking in a bar daily
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 11:32:18 AM »
I know Kenyans like to go to bars and drink are you do so during a Pandemic. It seems an average Kenyan can't stay in the house the whole day. I think staying in the house is western thing
for those living kwa plot its a dogs life they cant breathe no wonder lots of perversion and bad things are happening in the families. An idle mind is a devil workshop. Thats why i love the outdoors and. Fortunatw to have big spaces I go buy beer and go in the middle of the shambas and drink mzuri sometimes my bro is with me other times alone, sometimes with relatives or i visit a friend ranch owner. Those people in towns and cities will have a low  life expectancy from multiple stress stuck into tiny confined houses. But oh I miss the pub it has no substitute

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 11:47:00 AM »
Citizen is reporting 5000 rape cases reported between March and june. Damn kenya has become the rape capital of the world. Sad. Bar drinking should be banned  until there is vaccine. This virus in no joke.

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 03:01:58 PM »
Few people can afford to drink daily as the economy tanks. From poverty to apathy. It is just that the few who drink religious, even fewer who are quite noisy and visible to all thus the sensationalisation.

The numbers in the alcohol industry and taxes have always been depressed - just govt and depressed people looking for easy scapegoat to blame their shit on. 

The mwafrika govts are hellbent on finishing the bars. This is in a way good as it may mean the few coins go to the household budget, but it may mean poverty given the robust alcohol value chain.  Most bartenders were doing quite well than even teachers- taking their kids to private schools; supporting elderly parents, siblings.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution

Offline gout

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 03:09:34 PM »
Quite significant figure. Desperation and poverty among able bodied men will breed crazy violence in these depressing times.

Can't also discount fact that, with men deprived of an income women will get desperately evil and do all to get the men off their backs including this evil connivance. Woe unto poor men with nothing going back to the villages where their wives already had set out day to day economic and social ways of life, exclusive of the man.

The economic mismanagement of corona is going to have devastating effect on our society. Many will never recover.

Citizen is reporting 5000 rape cases reported between March and june. Damn kenya has become the rape capital of the world. Sad. Bar drinking should be banned  until there is vaccine. This virus in no joke.
I underestimated the heartbreaks visited by hasla revolution