Author Topic: Re: vooke, kadame: Is it wrong for a christian to be rich?  (Read 58924 times)

Offline bittertruth

• Superstar
Re: Re: vooke, kadame: Is it wrong for a christian to be rich?
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »
Faith means the absolute believe that GODS ABILITIES ARE NOT FINITE. All things are possible if we believe.
Jesus cured those who believed and NOT those who doubted.

Faith is hope for the unseen. Actually Heb 11:1 says Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen
We are assured of what we hope for, whether its healing, deliverance etc
When you aver that there are conditions we have no choice, you limit the capabilities of God and this breeds doubt.
Through faith God gives us the power to affect circumstances. When we place unwavering faith in God through Jesus Christ, the world will be affected. This is a promise from the Lord.

But if faith means insisting on being in control over things you are not in control over, to each his own.
Prov 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
Re: vooke, kadame: Is it wrong for a christian to be rich?
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2014, 11:57:52 AM »
What I am saying is what I was taught in C.R.E back in the day: God's answer is not always YES. Sometimes it is No or Wait. I have no doubt about God's capabilities, I just don't assume that God is always obligated to answer according to MY wishes.
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2014, 12:00:21 PM »
Bittertruth,
it is you who mistake God's faithfulness for a blank cheque to all your whims including but not limited to immortality.
Do you know God is faithful but Christians have been dying since Pentecost?

Why would anybody be contented with poverty seeing how dehumanizing it is? Did you see those starving Pokot wazees eating wild fruits?
If you are poor, by all means do all that is necessary to get out. CONTENTMENT does not mean indolence, it means unwavering faith in lack as well as in abundance

Regardless of choice/no choice, there are dirt poor believers all over. God saves them from their sins and they remain poor. Are you suggesting that poor Christians are poor because they are ignorant of the WOrd or because they love poverty?

Its you who is trying to distort the infallible word of God.  When the bible says be content with what you have it doesn't mean that you should be content in your poverty as you blindly attempted to insinuate.
There are no circumstances in life when a believer should have no choice.  "NO CHOICE" is a state of despair/No hope.
This is the false gospel that the devil is propagating by making Christians begin doubting Gods faithfulness.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2014, 12:04:26 PM »
God's abilities are infinite yet you will not celebrate your 90th birthday.
No amount of faith and prayers will add an extra year to your life. In fact you may just check out at 60 :)
Faith means the absolute believe that GODS ABILITIES ARE NOT FINITE. All things are possible if we believe.

Faith is hope for the unseen. Actually Heb 11:1 says Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen
When you aver that there are conditions we have no choice, you limit the capabilities of God and this breeds doubt.
Through faith God gives us the power to affect circumstances. When we place unwavering faith in God through Jesus Christ, the world will be affected. This is a promise from the Lord.

But if faith means insisting on being in control over things you are not in control over, to each his own.
2 Timothy 2:4  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Offline kadame

• VIP
  • Mega superstar
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2014, 12:22:16 PM »
Bottom line: We don't choose everything that happens to us. There are things that happen to people regardless of whether they chose it or not. My relative with Alzheimer's never made an application to be born with the genes he has. He never applied to get the disease. It just happened to him. If God wanted, he could take it away from him and relieve him of all the suffering and indignity it has caused him and his loved ones for a decade. Yet he has not taken it away. I wonder what "choice" Bittertruth thinks either he (the sick person) or the loved ones have; They have gotten medical attention, given love and care, and most importantly implored God. Yet somehow they have "a choice" in the matter of whether their loved one suffers or not. What an arrogant thing to say. I will leave this topic with that. To each his own.
Just my 0.02 Kshs. wave  ;)

Offline bittertruth

• Superstar
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2014, 12:35:37 PM »

God's abilities are infinite yet you will not celebrate your 90th birthday.
No amount of faith and prayers will add an extra year to your life. In fact you may just check out at 60 :)

Prov 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life

Offline vooke

• Enigma
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2014, 12:51:17 PM »
That is a good thing
Now get me Russia's China and Japan and we can compare

Offline bittertruth

• Superstar
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2014, 01:45:57 PM »
Kadame,
You remember the woman who had been bleeding for 12yrs? She demonstrated unwavering faith for God. If she had the " I have prayed but God has not yet taken away" attitude, I think she would have given up.
God may often seem silent to us, but He never sends us away empty-handed. Even if prayer has not been answered, we must rely upon God to do so in His own time.
The bible commends us to pray without ceasing,
Even the exercise of prayer is a blessing to us, it is because of our faith that we are stirred to persist in prayer. It is the faith that pleases God.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/unanswered-prayer.html#ixzz3FdugicfC
Bottom line: We don't choose everything that happens to us. There are things that happen to people regardless of whether they chose it or not. My relative with Alzheimer's never made an application to be born with the genes he has. He never applied to get the disease. It just happened to him. If God wanted, he could take it away from him and relieve him of all the suffering and indignity it has caused him and his loved ones for a decade. Yet he has not taken it away.[/color] I wonder what "choice" Bittertruth thinks either he (the sick person) or the loved ones have; They have gotten medical attention, given love and care, and most importantly implored God. Yet somehow they have "a choice" in the matter of whether their loved one suffers or not. What an arrogant thing to say. I will leave this topic with that. To each his own.

Offline GeeMail

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2014, 03:02:33 PM »
Celebratory violence: 2017 crime invented to justify killings to prevent Raila from becoming PORK. http://www.nipate.com/download/file.php?id=4244