Author Topic: The Dangers of Being a Kikuyu Man  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
The Dangers of Being a Kikuyu Man
« on: October 02, 2014, 02:44:26 PM »
Had I written this at TOOP, the lynch mob would be out for me. Now read this story published in the Kikuyu dominated Nation by an ethnic Kikuyu reporter quoting the Deputy County Commissioner for Kikuyu and Kabete areas of Kiambu County who is also an ethnic Kikuyu.
By ANNE MACHARIA
More by this Author
Life for men living in Kabete and Kikuyu sub-counties of Kiambu County has become a living nightmare as some women collude with their children to punish them.

In some extreme cases, some men have been killed due to land related disputes.

This was revealed by the Deputy County Commissioner Kikuyu/Kabete Elias Kithaura.

Mr Kithaura urged women and children to stop punishing men and even killing them while there were many ways of handling disagreements in homes.

He urged families to adopt other peaceful means of resolving disputes such as village peace committees, meetings with chiefs and consulting church elders instead of punishing men by not giving them food, not washing their clothes and abusing and disrespecting them.

FEUDS OVER LAND, WEALTH

Mr Kithaura said his office had received numerous reported of men allegedly killed or living in deplorable conditions in their own homes, a situation caused by their wives and children because of feuds over wealth or land.

He told of a recent case in which a mother and her children are suspected to have slashed their father to death and dumped the body in Thogoto forest in Kikuyu.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: The Dangers of Being a Kikuyu Man
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »
Sounds like the danger is restricted to Kabete and Kikuyu area. I think you're extrapolating to every kikuyu[tribe] man with little evidence.

Offline Omollo

• Enigma
  • http://www.omollosview.com
    • Omollosview
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 03:22:15 PM »
Sounds like the danger is restricted to Kabete and Kikuyu area. I think you're extrapolating to every kikuyu[tribe] man with little evidence
Could so appear if you concentrate on the subject. May be it is not too far fetched based on what is spoken in bars and on the streets. I think being a Kikuyu man is very dangerous regardless of where you are. Don't say you missed the recent murder of a wealthy Kikuyu man in the US on more or less the same basis.

Now I am not condemning a whole people. I am highlighting what the Deputy County Commissioner has pointed out and praying that something be done to help The Kikuyu Man so that he is safe in his own home whether in Kabete, Kikuyu or the US.
... [the ICC case] will be tried in Europe, where due procedure and expertise prevail.; ... Second-guessing Ocampo and fantasizing ..has obviously become a national pastime.- NattyDread

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 04:11:37 PM »
That well maybe so..but if they are not complaining..i think we can concentrate on more crucial problems.Well Wanaume Assoc dude lawyer Ndungu has been saying things along that line...

Who knows maybe like jiggers...somebody will deal with it.

Could so appear if you concentrate on the subject. May be it is not too far fetched based on what is spoken in bars and on the streets. I think being a Kikuyu man is very dangerous regardless of where you are. Don't say you missed the recent murder of a wealthy Kikuyu man in the US on more or less the same basis.

Now I am not condemning a whole people. I am highlighting what the Deputy County Commissioner has pointed out and praying that something be done to help The Kikuyu Man so that he is safe in his own home whether in Kabete, Kikuyu or the US.