Author Topic: Bitmask Zimbabwe  (Read 1137 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Bitmask Zimbabwe
« on: May 22, 2020, 04:18:34 AM »

What a sad place.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Bitmask Zimbabwe
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 04:26:15 AM »
I saw this.  Sobering considering Zim is really a rich country, I can't put a finger on what's going on down there.  Are they being screwed over for the cardinal sin of brutally chasing bazungu?
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 04:52:48 AM »
I saw this.  Sobering considering Zim is really a rich country, I can't put a finger on what's going on down there.  Are they being screwed over for the cardinal sin of brutally chasing bazungu?

No it seems like the economy dipped and zanu is too incompetent to solve thr political problem. All they need to do is getring a national unity govt and they ask sa to help them regain their credit rating or aid from imf and wb

SADC and ADB needs to workout a rescue package on humanitarian grounds

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 05:22:56 AM »

No it seems like the economy dipped and zanu is too incompetent to solve thr political problem. All they need to do is getring a national unity govt and they ask sa to help them regain their credit rating or aid from imf and wb

SADC and ADB needs to workout a rescue package on humanitarian grounds

I thought that was going to happen after Mugabe.  How incompetent can they be?  But we could be enjoying a birds eye view.  Most people in that environment only care about getting theirs.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Arcadian_Dreamer

• VIP
  • Enigma
  • Life is a mistake
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 05:28:26 AM »

Which African country is not screwed? Kenya is no better than Zimbabwe and bazungu were gone for 60 years.

The truth is Africans don't give AF about each other -- ethnic/racial solidarity is non existent, very nihilistic. Quintessential low trust societies. People can't even form HOA to fend off thugs.
Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, The best would be never to have been born at all.

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 05:43:36 AM »

Which African country is not screwed? Kenya is no better than Zimbabwe and bazungu were gone for 60 years.

The truth is Africans don't give AF about each other -- ethnic/racial solidarity is non existent, very nihilistic. Quintessential low trust societies. People can't even form HOA to fend off thugs.

I meant compared to before.  Zim was one of the better off countries in Africa.  You’d never have caught them living in slums in another African country.  But now they are risking xenophobia to live in shanty towns across the border.

The shocking thing is they don’t lack the know-how or skills.  Kenya may not have matched Zim at their zenith, but to our credit we have not quite literally shot ourselves in the foot yet.  We’ve come close though.

Harriet Tubman