Author Topic: Covid Chinese debt  (Read 2112 times)

Offline RV Kirgit

• Enigma
Covid Chinese debt
« on: April 20, 2020, 03:31:29 PM »
Looks like countries are starting leveraging covid to let China know they'll never pay debt.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
Re: Covid Chinese debt
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 05:56:09 PM »
Yes, way to go. They got to bear responsibility.  They need to realize they are no longer a developing country.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 06:24:27 PM »
This is non sense. This thing could have started anywhere. Will this be a new way to blackmail countries ? Chinese will weather the storm and debts will have to be repaid.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 08:17:03 PM »
This is non sense. This thing could have started anywhere. Will this be a new way to blackmail countries ? Chinese will weather the storm and debts will have to be repaid.
Stop being emotional kajana. If you can learn from history how empires fall then you should know this is no joke and marks the decline of china, no way china will recover the influence they had the entire western world is united against them plus South America with exception of Venezuela. You have seen what they are doing to Africans, in a few months expect china to be slapped with class law suits amounting to trillions of $$ by various players from governments to companies and individuals

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 09:15:42 PM »
Nothing emotional here it's just plain common sense ..... woman.  In your history who paid for the Spanish flu or plague. The last time I checked no one has brought a class lawsuit against Congo for HIV.....Chinese mistreating Africans is a whole debate by itself but is Uhuru or Ruto treating you better ? Once Africans stop babysitting elections thieves and respect rule of law then we can say FU Chinese we know better.

Stop being emotional kajana. If you can learn from history how empires fall then you should know this is no joke and marks the decline of china, no way china will recover the influence they had the entire western world is united against them plus South America with exception of Venezuela. You have seen what they are doing to Africans, in a few months expect china to be slapped with class law suits amounting to trillions of $$ by various players from governments to companies and individuals

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 10:57:47 PM »
Nothing emotional here it's just plain common sense ..... woman.  In your history who paid for the Spanish flu or plague. The last time I checked no one has brought a class lawsuit against Congo for HIV.....Chinese mistreating Africans is a whole debate by itself but is Uhuru or Ruto treating you better ? Once Africans stop babysitting elections thieves and respect rule of law then we can say FU Chinese we know better.

It appears you have some kind of investments in china possibly in the wet market, calm down before Tokyo slaps you with 100s of Billions in cancelation of Olympics,and since we are still at it enjoy the bat soup boy you're now dismissed A hole.

Offline patel

• Enigma
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 01:42:29 AM »
Certified queen of deflection...where is that history of yours where countries were billed for Pandemic? That would be helpful to your cause or maybe we could learn a thing or two. Everything else you wrote is pure garbage must be that time of the month. Bleed easy dude.

It appears you have some kind of investments in china possibly in the wet market, calm down before Tokyo slaps you with 100s of Billions in cancelation of Olympics,and since we are still at it enjoy the bat soup boy you're now dismissed A hole.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 04:10:01 AM »

Yes but the Chinese were not transparent in the initial stage. They called it a hoax until one ophthalmologist died. Three to four weeks too late

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 08:07:29 AM »
@patel  you're too thick to connect the dots, i am not here to tutor or lecture you like a kindergarten boy, dont froth if your business has gone under transfer your anger to the dog eaters not me. You want us to massage your tiny ego by saying china will emerge stronger bla bla bla A hole! get out that cave you living(and hunting bats that you sell as cave chicken😁) and smell the coffee.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 09:35:57 AM »
How can leaders like Uhuru who pocketed billions in SGR scandal try blackmail China? Chinese officials have files mainly on lousy African leaders. They will just threaten to leak the details and Uhuru and co. will toe the Chinese line.

Offline Njuri Ncheke

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 09:40:10 AM »
How can leaders like Uhuru who pocketed billions in SGR scandal try blackmail China? Chinese officials have files mainly on lousy African leaders. They will just threaten to leak the details and Uhuru and co. will toe the Chinese line.
What african countries cant do the western world and south america will do and those account for almost 60% of world trade. My simple argument is NO WAY china will go unscathed and this marks the reduction of china, what will china do?

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2020, 10:12:36 AM »
All patel want is for Jubilee to sink in Chinese debts. Understand where he is coming from. That is ODM official position.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2020, 10:14:13 AM »
Can you for a minute divorce Jubilee from this...China will pay...an amount to be determined. They certainly will pay the likes of Germany and US. They may escape responsibility in weak countries.

Offline Kadudu

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2020, 11:19:48 AM »
Bwana Pundit, I do not know in which world you live. If you think that any country will send a bill to China, then you are dreaming. China will pay, but indirectly. Already many countries are making plans to make healthcare and its needs a national priority. It will mean less reliance on foreign countries to produce health equipment and accessories in future. Here is where China will loose in the manufacturing of such items for other countries, but not in bills sent to China.
It is only we Africans on the streets that are dreaming of send bills to China or even abandoning the debts we have accumulated in China. Have you heard any leader in Kenya even dare touch on that topic? It would be easy for an ODM politician to even bring it up as ODM is not in government. Nothing of the sort is even been mentioned.
Btw, I never mentioned Jubilee in my comment. You brought it up. When I mention Uhuru does not mean I mean him as Jubilee leader but the president of the country. Jubilee died anyway directly after 2017 elections.

Can you for a minute divorce Jubilee from this...China will pay...an amount to be determined. They certainly will pay the likes of Germany and US. They may escape responsibility in weak countries.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 06:24:23 PM »
Bwana Pundit, I do not know in which world you live. If you think that any country will send a bill to China, then you are dreaming. China will pay, but indirectly. Already many countries are making plans to make healthcare and its needs a national priority. It will mean less reliance on foreign countries to produce health equipment and accessories in future. Here is where China will loose in the manufacturing of such items for other countries, but not in bills sent to China.
It is only we Africans on the streets that are dreaming of send bills to China or even abandoning the debts we have accumulated in China. Have you heard any leader in Kenya even dare touch on that topic? It would be easy for an ODM politician to even bring it up as ODM is not in government. Nothing of the sort is even been mentioned.
Btw, I never mentioned Jubilee in my comment. You brought it up. When I mention Uhuru does not mean I mean him as Jubilee leader but the president of the country. Jubilee died anyway directly after 2017 elections.

EXACTLY!!!
Join me in manufacturing toilet paper for export from Africa

Offline mankind

• Superstar
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2020, 10:18:27 PM »

The notion that a country would have to pay for a pandemic looks good on paper but unfortunately has no legal precedent anywhere. It would open a Pandora box. Renegotiation  and debt restructuring will be the way to go. It seems the Chinese were not as complacent as they are being made to look. A lot of people including experts downplayed the oncoming train.

Ref https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-20/coronavirus-china-sued-american-class-action-germany-sends-bill/12164106

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/20/the-months-of-magical-thinking-as-the-coronavirus-swept-over-china-some-experts-were-in-denial-about-what-was-to-come/

Offline hk

• VIP
  • Enigma
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2020, 08:58:18 AM »
The Chinese have collateral for the african debts, ports, mines etc. https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-africa-groans-under-debt-it-casts-wary-eye-at-china-11587115804 . So if kenya is unable or unwilling to pay for SGR loans, port of mombasa is repossessed.

Offline mankind

• Superstar
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2020, 03:05:23 PM »

The notion that a country would have to pay for a pandemic looks good on paper but unfortunately has no legal precedent anywhere. It would open a Pandora box. Renegotiation  and debt restructuring will be the way to go. It seems the Chinese were not as complacent as they are being made to look. A lot of people including experts downplayed the oncoming train.

Ref https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-20/coronavirus-china-sued-american-class-action-germany-sends-bill/12164106

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/20/the-months-of-magical-thinking-as-the-coronavirus-swept-over-china-some-experts-were-in-denial-about-what-was-to-come/

Watch this episode of Frontline that aired the other day too. It's clear who dropped the ball. The rest is just deflection.

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2020, 07:26:14 PM »

Watch this episode of Frontline that aired the other day too. It's clear who dropped the ball. The rest is just deflection.

I saw this one.  It was a good one.  Now the deflecting thug is threatening to start shooting Iranian ships.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman