Author Topic: BBI 2.0 - BBI taskforce extended for yet another term.  (Read 10669 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
BBI 2.0 - BBI taskforce extended for yet another term.
« on: December 12, 2019, 07:56:06 AM »
Spokesperson's Office
State House, Nairobi

Thursday, 12th December 2019

Press Statement

President Kenyatta extends term of BBI Taskforce

His Excellency the President and former Prime Minister, the Rt. Hon. Raila Odinga last evening at State House, Nairobi met the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI) Taskforce.

The President and the Rt. Hon. Raila Odinga thanked the team for putting together a report that captures the aspirations of Kenyans and requested the Taskforce to continue leading the BBI process.

The Taskforce will therefore steer the next phase of the process which will largely involve expanding and guiding public participation, and structuring recommendations by Kenyans into implementable action plans.

Kanze Dena Mararo
State House Spokesperson

Offline Higgins the genius

• VIP
  • Superstar
Re: BBI 2.0 - BBI taskforce extended for yet another term.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 09:43:08 AM »
Do you still think Uhuru is buying time or there is some mischief

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 10:32:09 AM »
Time is not a friend to any mischief at this point.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 02:04:44 AM »
What a waste of time. It should be defeated soundly at referendum. There is no need for whatever they are selling

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 03:28:13 PM »
They are resuming parliamentary - after testing the waters. There were few noises in Kikuyu and Kalenjin. Raila needs to drop his regional premier nonsense. Parliamentary federal is gameshot. Ruto crew are singing implement BBI 1.0 now now but he has zero say over the matter.
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 04:44:55 PM »
Robina is that your wish or the reality.How will the same BBI team do a 360 and unleash radical proposal.And besides as soon as they unleash parliamentary..Mt Kenya will reject it again and again.For me BBI 2.0 is time buying by Uhuru as he placate Raila the more.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 06:48:30 PM »
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2019, 06:56:23 PM »
In short nothing in the game has changed. Of course you can entertain us with Uhuru is tired and dying to retire. Ohoo he has lung cancer :)

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2019, 08:16:41 PM »
In short nothing in the game has changed. Of course you can entertain us with Uhuru is tired and dying to retire. Ohoo he has lung cancer :)
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2019, 08:54:53 PM »

One of Pundit's straws. Ruto is so thrifty to avoid a Goodluck no matter the means. He has strived to shed the polarizing persona but am not taken. When a jobseeker throws in the weekends and holidays... you have yourself a problem.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2019, 07:43:45 AM »
Who is the desparate one here Robina.You spend two years extolling virtues of parliamentary systems so confident that BBI would buy it only for them to keep the current system.Now out of desperation you think BBI will do a 360 and recommend an overhaul of the katiba & somehow a referendum will get quickly organized and kibicho the powerful man will ensure it passes..The clearest signal that Uhuru is happy with BBI is retaining the team against Raila wish for a COE.As for Uhuru he is already on retirement mode...only the blind don't see that he has disengaged from politics near completely.And credible rumours had it that the chain smoker had stage 1 lung cancer..

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2019, 12:18:45 PM »
Only you believes Uhuru is disengaged. His machinery is in full swing. BBI 2.0 is in the works and Ruto is demanding speedy implementation of v1 for a good reason : he is afraid what new poison they are upto. You need to decide if Ruto is running circles around Uhuru or are they in cahoots? Your boy desperately needs to lock down Mt Kenya because Raila has a really BIG carrot.

About Uhuru lung cancer... a good Sunday laugh.  :) Don't you mean liver cancer - he is a heavy drinker.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2019, 03:19:32 PM »
How can Uhuru be politically involved when he has not called even one PG and has totally slighted MPs? You think technocrats are the new politicians?

The next surest sign you'll get is next march Jubilee party elections.

As for BBI -  that is the Raila's gift that keep giving - Uhuru just bought himself more time. Already any constitutional referendum is time barred...if you consider the amount of time needed to draft a bill, collect signatures, get IEBC to verify, get it thro the 47 counties and finally get it through both houses of parliament - and finally prepare and hold a referendum.

The rumours I have heard about Uhuru health relate to Lung cancer - who knows his liver definitely not safe.

Only you believes Uhuru is disengaged. His machinery is in full swing. BBI 2.0 is in the works and Ruto is demanding speedy implementation of v1 for a good reason : he is afraid what new poison they are upto. You need to decide if Ruto is running circles around Uhuru or are they in cahoots? Your boy desperately needs to lock down Mt Kenya because Raila has a really BIG carrot.

About Uhuru lung cancer... a good Sunday laugh.  :) Don't you mean liver cancer - he is a heavy drinker.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2019, 09:00:15 PM »
Pundit are you sure these guys are in cahoots to trick Raila. Or are they tricking themselves

Uhuru, Ruto political rivalry goes overboard
https://mobile.nation.co.ke/news/politics/Uhuru--Ruto-allies-political-rivalry-gets-nasty/3126390-5386350-onuh2f/index.html

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop

Offline MOON Ki

• Enigma
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2019, 01:49:17 AM »
Ruto will win in 2022.   Four reasons:

1) Raila is too gullible and never has a real plan.  On top of that, he is not really trusted by GEMA.
2) Ruto has no real opposition. Kalonzo, Mudavadi, etc. are flakes with no national support.
3) GEMA would rather go with Ruto as the best of bad alternatives.   GEMA and RV will unite and then buy some of the other groups.
4) All current and prospective Big Looters will line up behind Ruto. Small fish not wishing to be left behind will quickly follow. 

The only "positive" there is in sight is that after Ruto and his fellow looters really f**k up the country---and, inevitably, they will---Kenyans will, as they did with Moi, wake up (for a really short time) and demand some real changes.   Then rinse and repeat.

The only thing Handshake achieved was a neutering of the Opposition, allowing Uhuru to govern without kelele mingi.   For once, a smart move by Uhuru.

BBI = Boosting Bullshit Incrementally.

MOON Ki  is  Muli Otieno Otiende Njoroge arap Kiprotich
Your True Friend, Brother,  and  Compatriot.

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2019, 05:40:41 AM »
Ruto will win in 2022.   Four reasons:

1) Raila is too gullible and never has a real plan.  On top of that, he is not really trusted by GEMA.
2) Ruto has no real opposition. Kalonzo, Mudavadi, etc. are flakes with no national support.
3) GEMA would rather go with Ruto as the best of bad alternatives.   GEMA and RV will unite and then buy some of the other groups.
4) All current and prospective Big Looters will line up behind Ruto. Small fish not wishing to be left behind will quickly follow. 

The only "positive" there is in sight is that after Ruto and his fellow looters really f**k up the country---and, inevitably, they will---Kenyans will, as they did with Moi, wake up (for a really short time) and demand some real changes.   Then rinse and repeat.

The only thing Handshake achieved was a neutering of the Opposition, allowing Uhuru to govern without kelele mingi.   For once, a smart move by Uhuru.

BBI = Boosting Bullshit Incrementally.
Correct analysis. Raila is the cannot keep on focus. He is like a kid suffering ADHD.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2019, 07:26:32 AM »
MOON Ki the cynic is back. At least we agree on what kind of system we would have under Ruto. Soddom and Gomorrah.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2019, 08:02:43 AM »
Raila has never been strategic or tactical just like his late father was reckless- and naive.The worst part of Raila character flaw - lack of patience and loyalty to friends. He also like to fall out rather badly with friends.
Correct analysis. Raila is the cannot keep on focus. He is like a kid suffering ADHD.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2019, 08:11:07 AM »
Why would there be Soddom and Gomorrah. Ruto has looted enough to finance his ambition - and I think because he is cerebral - he will want to leave a legacy. The way Meles or Kagame killed to get power - is the way Ruto looted to get the power. In kenya without money - you're nothing. In Rwanda or Uganda or many africa countries - without guns and reputation for great violence - you're nothing.

Why do I think Ruto will succeed.
1) He is disciplined and knows how to get stuff done.He has the energy required to get stuff done.This is Uhuru major character flaw.
2) He is brilliant - 1st class degree - Msc & PHD while facing ICC - he rolls out facts & grasp ideas very quickly. This was Moi major handicap.
3) He is a political superstar - so he will handle the politics and stabilize the country. This was Kibaki major handicap.
4) He is very ambitious - nothing ever satisfy Ruto - and want to leave a great legacy. I doubt any of previous PORK have as half Ruto burning ambition to be PORK.

His only major flaw - he will reward himself with 10% and well his other personal failing -  promiscuity - will only affect Rachel :)

MOON Ki the cynic is back. At least we agree on what kind of system we would have under Ruto. Soddom and Gomorrah.