Author Topic: Man survives lynching  (Read 1073 times)

Offline KenyanPlato

• Enigma
Man survives lynching
« on: November 16, 2019, 04:15:21 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2019/11/15/779274693/he-survived-a-near-lynching-50-years-later-hes-still-healing?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

The horror of America for black people is unparralled anywhere else in the world. America society due to having founded on genocide of Indians and slavery has retained this savage violent identity that is imprinted in the soul of this country. When you see kids murdering people in school it is because they are living this reality.  The physche of this country is a murderous one

Offline Kim Jong-Un's Pajama Pants

• Enigma
  • An oryctolagus cuniculus is feeding on my couch
Re: Man survives lynching
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 04:20:37 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2019/11/15/779274693/he-survived-a-near-lynching-50-years-later-hes-still-healing?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

The horror of America for black people is unparralled anywhere else in the world. America society due to having founded on genocide of Indians and slavery has retained this savage violent identity that is imprinted in the soul of this country. When you see kids murdering people in school it is because they are living this reality.  The physche of this country is a murderous one

It's not great, but it's not bad all around either.  They definitely get heavy handed police treatment in the inner cities.  Sirens and choppers flying around like 24/7 etc.  But it is different in the burbs where the cops have to behave a bit more to the tastes of polite society. 

The school shootings definitely seem to suggest a violent soul or underbelly.  I think it's a combination of easy access to weapons and out of reach mental health care.
"I freed a thousand slaves.  I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman