Author Topic: BBI will go limp..poor Robina been waiting for hardon  (Read 5493 times)

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
BBI will go limp..poor Robina been waiting for hardon
« on: September 24, 2019, 12:26:57 PM »
The anti-climax - which I predicted- would happen.

A top-ranking government official also dismissed the assertions, s

Rumours is Uhuru doesn't want referendum. That was not hard to tell. Also rumours is referendum very unpopular. So they will attempt to use parliament to create a chief minister.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2019-09-24-bbi-will-not-propose-referendum-to-change-government-structure/

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
Re: BBI will go limp..poor Robina been waiting for hardon
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 04:50:33 PM »
I said it's atypical of a dispassionate pundit to base his hopes on rumors, ifs, buts, and maybes. Let us talk when you have something factual on Uhuru playing Babu. Or wake us up when the son of greedy Jomo agrees to be Jogoo Party Supreme Leader. :D Hope spring eternal.

The anti-climax - which I predicted- would happen.

A top-ranking government official also dismissed the assertions, s

Rumours is Uhuru doesn't want referendum. That was not hard to tell. Also rumours is referendum very unpopular. So they will attempt to use parliament to create a chief minister.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2019-09-24-bbi-will-not-propose-referendum-to-change-government-structure/
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 05:11:37 PM »
Pundit - Ruto need to watch Moses Kuria carefully. He is outplaying Wa Irias and the shrubbing dimwit Kiunjuri - that Ruto peg his partnership on.

Fight for projects before Uhuru retires, Kuria tells central MPs
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 23 2019

Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria speaks to journalists in Meru on September 22, 2019. He challenged politicians from Mt Kenya region to push for quick completion of projects being undertaken by the Jubilee administration before President Uhuru Kenyatta's term ends. PHOTO | CHARLES WANYORO | NATION MEDIA GROUP

https://www.nation.co.ke/counties/meru/Moses-Kuria-Mt-Kenya-no-projects-to-show/1183302-5283788-kt12s1/index.html
I desire to go to hell and not to heaven. In the former place I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings, and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks, and apostles. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli on his deathbed, June 1527

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 05:18:33 PM »
He is DOA - from Gatundu South - what cheek does he have - to want to replace Uhuru or even complain about development? He is just un-settled because he made lots of money from gov - and the money he has is making him make noise.

Moses Kuria is Uhuru's MP. Let him summon his constituent;

Pundit - Ruto need to watch Moses Kuria carefully. He is outplaying Wa Irias and the shrubbing dimwit Kiunjuri - that Ruto peg his partnership on.

Fight for projects before Uhuru retires, Kuria tells central MPs
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 23 2019

Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria speaks to journalists in Meru on September 22, 2019. He challenged politicians from Mt Kenya region to push for quick completion of projects being undertaken by the Jubilee administration before President Uhuru Kenyatta's term ends. PHOTO | CHARLES WANYORO | NATION MEDIA GROUP

https://www.nation.co.ke/counties/meru/Moses-Kuria-Mt-Kenya-no-projects-to-show/1183302-5283788-kt12s1/index.html

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 05:19:32 PM »
We shall see very very soon. BBI will be out before my boy Eliud Kipchoge breaks the 2hr barrier in Vienna on or around 12th October.

My prediction - Raila for the sake of not appearing to have been played again - will play dumb and declare victory :) - even if he gets nothing.

Heck he did the same in 2010 - declared himself the father of our current pure presidential system :D :D :D

I said it's atypical of a dispassionate pundit to base his hopes on rumors, ifs, buts, and maybes. Let us talk when you have something factual on Uhuru playing Babu. Or wake us up when the son of greedy Jomo agrees to be Jogoo Party Supreme Leader. :D Hope spring eternal.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 06:20:50 PM by RV Pundit »

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 09:58:21 PM »
Your excitement at this unverified story - a rumour - is very telling. Tanga Tanga have fingers crossed about BBI. A few weeks ago you were equally excited by Punguza.

We shall see very very soon. BBI will be out before my boy Eliud Kipchoge breaks the 2hr barrier in Vienna on or around 12th October.

My prediction - Raila for the sake of not appearing to have been played again - will play dumb and declare victory :) - even if he gets nothing.

Heck he did the same in 2010 - declared himself the father of our current pure presidential system :D :D :D

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 08:32:18 AM »
Seem Kiraitu is team BBI like Duale.

Why Raila is rooting for parliamentary system

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001343366/raila-why-i-support-parliamentary-system

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 10:01:08 AM »
You cannot panel beat constitution like that. Our entire constitution is built on a presidential system framework. Changing to parliamentary systems would require complete constitutional overhaul.

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001343366/raila-why-i-support-parliamentary-system

Offline Pajero

• Enigma
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 11:14:24 AM »
If BBI doesnt lead to a refrendum that will bring about a powerful PM then its dead dodo.We dont want cosmetic changes to the constitution of creating a super minister in the name of PM through an act of parliament.We better remain with the current  system.Raila should be carefull.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 11:25:37 AM »
Why do you need a powerful PM - when we have powerful PORK.
If BBI doesnt lead to a refrendum that will bring about a powerful PM then its dead dodo.We dont want cosmetic changes to the constitution of creating a super minister in the name of PM through an act of parliament.We better remain with the current  system.Raila should be carefull.

Offline Georgesoros

• Enigma
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2019, 02:48:41 PM »
Regional parties/special interest group system like Israel could have been the best bet for Kenya.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2019, 03:55:23 PM »
Overhaul is possible with broad support. Jomo scrapped PM and majimbo into Almighty PORK. Kibaki and Babu gave us katiba 2010 despite Ruto and Moi noises. BBI can only flop if it propose moronic 3tier or some NARA hybrid mongrel. If it proper parliamentary and 40% devolution ... tough luck.

Obviously the Ruto & Tanga Tanga frog noises - BBI this, BBI that - dynasties sijui Ongeza Mzigo  :) - tell us it likely to be overhaul that reshuffle the deck. Get ready to wear No t-shirt.

You cannot panel beat constitution like that. Our entire constitution is built on a presidential system framework. Changing to parliamentary systems would require complete constitutional overhaul.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2019, 04:17:52 PM »
Actually wear a No t-shirt in constitution is great  - but losing political power is something else. What BBI is attempting is to takes back to a mongrel of constitution -a hybrid system of parliamentary and presidential system - Mps to be appointed executive - destroying the cardinal principle of separation of power - an elected president working with an elected PM - what if they fall out and we have NARA two centers of power?

Constitution that we passed less than 10yrs ago - has no major issues - even NO like us - had very very few issues with it -

In any case I know Uhuru is smarter than BBI nonsense. Just wait and see.

Overhaul is possible with broad support. Jomo scrapped PM and majimbo into Almighty PORK. Kibaki and Babu gave us katiba 2010 despite Ruto and Moi noises. BBI can only flop if it propose moronic 3tier or some NARA hybrid mongrel. If it proper parliamentary and 40% devolution ... tough luck.

Obviously the Ruto & Tanga Tanga frog noises - BBI this, BBI that - dynasties sijui Ongeza Mzigo  :) - tell us it likely to be overhaul that reshuffle the deck. Get ready to wear No t-shirt.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2019, 04:54:53 PM »
Parliamentary system is well known optimal setup. It is in fact practised in 90% of the first world. These countries have very accountable governments as we can see in UK or Israel. They have ceremonial president, emperor or queen - who grace notes and statues as Her Majesty mother of the nation. Exec PM is a JOB as it should be.

Of course Ruto oppose new katiba for parochial reasons. So don't tell us he has no problem with it. What problem was there in 2010? - i mean besides Babu and political expediency.

As for Uhuru many ifs, buts, maybes - wake us up when son of Jomo is not greedy for power and money.

Actually wear a No t-shirt in constitution is great  - but losing political power is something else. What BBI is attempting is to takes back to a mongrel of constitution -a hybrid system of parliamentary and presidential system - Mps to be appointed executive - destroying the cardinal principle of separation of power - an elected president working with an elected PM - what if they fall out and we have NARA two centers of power?

Constitution that we passed less than 10yrs ago - has no major issues - even NO like us - had very very few issues with it -

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2019, 05:36:54 PM »
That parliamentary is optimal and used by 90% of a developed country is unproven nonsense. The parliamentary system in developed are so unstable you cannot imagine what it would do to a country like Kenya. It will move from being unstable to being dysfunctional. Like former Municipal and Citi councils...where the mayor was being elected by Councillors. Look at UK or Isreal now - or pick any parliamentary system - PMS don't survive for even a month - sometimes you don't even know if there is gov or not which party is ruling.

Just imagine a tribally fractured country in a parliamentary system - with tribal parties - forming and breaking coalitions - every time they don't get their way - that would either be a gov in hostage or in so much fear - nothing will get done. At least with presidential system - you know you're stuck with Uhuru for 5yrs and he can concentrate on getting stuff done....not trying to appease MPS and their tribal leaders every week.

US is supposed to be the greatest economy with the greatest democracy - we copied pasted it's presidential system and it's some of it's federalism - and for me it's works. We just need to have a culture of people accepting defeat after a credible election.

Parliamentary system is well known optimal setup. It is in fact practised in 90% of the first world. These countries have very accountable governments as we can see in UK or Israel. They have ceremonial president, emperor or queen - who grace notes and statues as Her Majesty mother of the nation. Exec PM is a JOB as it should be.

Of course Ruto oppose new katiba for parochial reasons. So don't tell us he has no problem with it. What problem was there in 2010? - i mean besides Babu and political expediency.

As for Uhuru many ifs, buts, maybes - wake us up when son of Jomo is not greedy for power and money.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2019, 09:21:03 PM »
Our Almighty PORK is not accountable. He brazenly abuse power - threaten DCJ Mwilu and judges during 2017 run-off hearing. Persecute political opponents - Nyoro, Waititu, Jaguar, Itumbi. Can't even be summoned for questioning by MPs. Can't be subpoenaed by court. Uhuru is imperial - imagine a wolf like Babu or Ruto. PORK is imperial but Kibaki and Uhuru softies make it seem moderate. A Moi or Babu is when the tire meet the road.

It is a fact 90% of the first world are parliamentary. Japan, Germany, UK, Sweden, Norway, Australia, Canada and name it. You just need to give Kenya PM 5yr term - if you think it will be shaky. But it must be a JOB - weekly Q&A's and such. No Baba wa Taifa, assenting laws, swearing in folks and the ceremonial nonsese that make him a deity. Angela Markel or Boris Johnson or Netanyahu - is questioned and criticized left and right. In Kenya even VP is afraid to criticise PORK. Cause he is unaccountable and can wield impunity at will.

You see Boris cannot impose his Brexit or hardline ideals on everyone. While Kibaki can dish out an island - territory - to a neighboring state.

That parliamentary is optimal and used by 90% of a developed country is unproven nonsense. The parliamentary system in developed are so unstable you cannot imagine what it would do to a country like Kenya. It will move from being unstable to being dysfunctional. Like former Municipal and Citi councils...where the mayor was being elected by Councillors. Look at UK or Isreal now - or pick any parliamentary system - PMS don't survive for even a month - sometimes you don't even know if there is gov or not which party is ruling.

Just imagine a tribally fractured country in a parliamentary system - with tribal parties - forming and breaking coalitions - every time they don't get their way - that would either be a gov in hostage or in so much fear - nothing will get done. At least with presidential system - you know you're stuck with Uhuru for 5yrs and he can concentrate on getting stuff done....not trying to appease MPS and their tribal leaders every week.

US is supposed to be the greatest economy with the greatest democracy - we copied pasted it's presidential system and it's some of it's federalism - and for me it's works. We just need to have a culture of people accepting defeat after a credible election.

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 09:41:11 PM »
Even a clown like Miguna would not be drugged and bundled off to Dubai. Declared persona non grata by  executive decree. If PORK was accountable.

Offline RV Pundit

• Enigma
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2019, 09:52:37 PM »
You're exaggerating. Uhuru has no such powers.  DPP is supposed to be independent and so are the police. Even now all Kibicho boys can do is take you to court and you're out the following day.Our presidential system if implemented as designed has enough checks and balances...and PORK is very restrained. He cannot appoint without parliamentary approval. They are 11 independent commissions - parliament has a clear legislative role. What basically need to happen is for the minister to be ex-officio members of parliament if you need them questioned. Judiciary is suppose to be independent but you're the idiot who cheers them when they abuse power...like making a governor suspended.

Basically the way presidential system works - all arms of gov are suppose to check themselves. US is an example of a thriving democracy we need to follow. Not the dead dead dead Europe with kingdoms lasting centuries. You want us to elect a King and the PM. What kind of nonsense is that.

These countries including Japan are only parliamentary because they have kingdoms. Those that rejected kings like France & US tends toward a presidential system

Our Almighty PORK is not accountable. He brazenly abuse power - threaten DCJ Mwilu and judges during 2017 run-off hearing. Persecute political opponents - Nyoro, Waititu, Jaguar, Itumbi. Can't even be summoned for questioning by MPs. Can't be subpoenaed by court. Uhuru is imperial - imagine a wolf like Babu or Ruto. PORK is imperial but Kibaki and Uhuru softies make it seem moderate. A Moi or Babu is when the tire meet the road.

It is a fact 90% of the first world are parliamentary. Japan, Germany, UK, Sweden, Norway, Australia, Canada and name it. You just need to give Kenya PM 5yr term - if you think it will be shaky. But it must be a JOB - weekly Q&A's and such. No Baba wa Taifa, assenting laws, swearing in folks and the ceremonial nonsese that make him a deity. Angela Markel or Boris Johnson or Netanyahu - is questioned and criticized left and right. In Kenya even VP is afraid to criticise PORK. Cause he is unaccountable and can wield impunity at will.

You see Boris cannot impose his Brexit or hardline ideals on everyone. While Kibaki can dish out an island - territory - to a neighboring state.

Offline Dear Mami

• Enigma
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2019, 10:08:11 PM »
I agree with Robina on this. Uhuru is an imperial brat who does whatever he wants, including slapping his father on notes and ensuring courts let it slide. This katiba was the worst for someone like him, afadhali Kibaki. Uhuru is the kind who should be summoned every week to be berated like the UK PM. 

Offline Nefertiti

• Enigma
  • Shoo Be Doo Be Doo Oop
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2019, 10:08:11 PM »
DPP and police - law enforcement - are only independent in theory. We can see objectively how DPP and DCI selectively pursue graft cases. Double standard in policing - Ngunjiri Wambugu vs Ndindi Nyoro.

DCJ Mwilu driver was shot dead. After that only Maraga showed up for the run-off case. Orengo quipped that the state works mysteriously. I see now people here blaming Jomo potrait case on intimidation.

Miguna case - ultimately PORK can ignore the courts in any stand-off. With no consequences.

In short no accountability. Checks and balances are not effective without accountability. If you pass law, Uhuru edit it and you need 2/3 to overrule him. In fact following the moronic Muturi ruling about PORK power of editing bills before return to sender - PORK can pass a law with a 34% minority. In parliamentary of course, such power to assent laws is held by ceremonial head of state.

You're exaggerating. Uhuru has no such powers.  DPP is supposed to be independent and so are the police. Even now all Kibicho boys can do is take you and you're out the following day.Our presidential system if implemented as designed has enough checks and balances...and PORK is very restrained. He cannot appoint without parliamentary approval. They are 11 independent commissions - parliament has a clear legislative role. What basically need to happen is for minister to be ex-officio members of parliament if you need them questioned. Judiciary is suppose to be independent but you're the idiot who cheers them when they abuse power...like making a governor suspended.

Basically the way presidential system works - all arms of gov are suppose to check themselves. US is an example of a thriving democracy we need to follow. Not the dead dead dead Europe with kingdoms lasting centuries. You want us to elect a King and the a PM. What kind of nonsense is that.

These countries including Japan are only parliamentary because they have kingdoms.